Netflix WfC Trilogy discussion thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by Shackstoys, Feb 15, 2019.

?

Will it be good?

1. Yes!

223 vote(s)
    36.4%
  2. No!

112 vote(s)
    18.3%
  3. I'm from the future and all who said yes were right!

103 vote(s)
    16.8%
  4. I'm from the future and all who said no were right!

136 vote(s)
    22.2%
  5. I'm from the future and there was never a Titan class Skorponok figure!! Please hastak!!!

38 vote(s)
    6.2%
  1. ThunderDestron

ThunderDestron Vast predatory bird

• Like Like x 1
  2. Coffee

Coffee (╭☞ꗞᨓꗞ)╭☞

News Credits:
    I kind of disagree that Jetfire was supposed to be someone else. Aside from being the first Decepticon turned Autobot ever established in the brand, his toy was also released, and likely planned before Impactors, warranting his inclusion. Considering Impactor’s smaller role compared to Jetfire, I think it’s more likely that he was a later addition whereas Jetfire’s arc was probably planned to be included near the beginning of production

• Like Like x 1
  3. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    anyone else think it was a little odd there was no battle masters or micro masters in the show though?

It makes the actual toys pretty much non-cannon now.

• Like Like x 5
  4. longhaulsub

longhaulsub PS3 Tag: Northporttroller

I watched 4 episodes so for. My favorite bot so far, I love Wheeljack he looks GREAT and sounds GREAT! Looking forward to the rest of the shows!

• Like Like x 4
  5. Fc203

Fc203 #RestoreTheBayVerse

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I was hoping heartburn and heatstroke showed up and ended up dissapointed...

• Like Like x 1
  6. fu2kimus

fu2kimus Well-Known Member

I didn’t see those. It’s my own fault I expected too much, I think I was expecting a bit more budget than what we ended up with.

7. dragon

dragon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don’t have Netflix I don’t stream I can’t cast proper vote

8. OmegaTaco Supreme

OmegaTaco Supreme Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb

I'm indifferent to it. It needed to be way longer to feel any investment into it.

It was a 6 episode toy commercial.

• Like Like x 3
  9. TheDude810

TheDude810 I have an unhealthy obsession with the RotF Game

I really liked this show. It has the potential to be really good and I’m super excited to see where this goes.

I actually didn’t find the voice acting all that bad. Megatron stands out to me as being one of the best, probably with Starscream being the runner up. Soundwave, Soundblaster, and Shockwave’s voices don’t seem to resemble their G1 counterparts, and I like that. They sound pretty good as their own thing. Not every voice has to sound like a carbon copy of the G1 cartoon.

Which brings me to Optimus... he’s the only one I have a problem with. Elita One will be giving this super emotive dialogue and then Optimus will respond with this super stilted subpar Peter Cullen impression. I would have rather had them do a completely different voice like with Soundwave or like David Kaye did Animated Optimus.

In terms of story, I enjoyed it but I hope that they go further as the series goes on. There’s a TON of potential here for some great storytelling. Jetfire, Impactor, and Megatron are big standouts. I think the short amount of episodes allowed enough time for characters to get their moments of glory, but not as much as it COULD be. Are there more Siege episodes or is this the full Siege series and then we move onto Earthrise?

• Like Like x 6
  10. TyrantGalvatron

TyrantGalvatron Hasbro is NOT your enemy.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Its no wonder I don't come to TFW2005 to read or contribute to threads anymore.

This place is a nuclear wasteland of negativity. No happiness. No smiling. No enjoyment. Just sadness. And anger. And angst. And arguing.

It's sad what this place has become. It used to be a fun website to be a part of. Now, not so much.

I had fun with this cartoon. I thoroughly enjoyed it. It made me happy. It made me smile. I look forward to more.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2020
    • Like Like x 9
  11. Autobotknight08

Autobotknight08 Well-Known Member

I enjoyed watching it. I have a feeling if we want more or if some want better we should support Hasbro in their product. I watched it once to appease my nastalgia. There were things I didn\'t like, some of that was tied to budget but I also take into consideration they did excellent for what felt like something they didn\'t have loads of money for. I loved the new direction in most of the story and characters. New voice actors were great.
    Magnus let me down, seems like a purpose Sentinel or even Dion could have fulfilled with appropriate changes. But he is one of my favorite. 
    I am going to watch it over some, more critically this time. It is leaps better than the last trilogy though.

• Like Like x 6
  12. Triggerhappy

Triggerhappy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I liked it, and my son liked it even more. Was a great toy commercial, voice acting yes.. we've had better! But the story was tight, as some of you have said, it was a movie broken up into 6 parts, the conclusion was great and I'm really looking forward to Chapter 2 and 3, let's hope they come along swiftly!

• Like Like x 9
  13. Xronic

Xronic New Member

14. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    I will say, Elita is probably the best and most sympathetic character. Her voice actress is pretty good given the dialogue and direction, and she feels like the only character trying to keep the Autobots on the rails, between Optimus being an idiot and Magnus being a failure. She’s got no ego or deluded self-righteousness. Though even she feels under-written and inconsistent. (Executing a neutral who just helped you is fine, but putting a bomb in the head of a Decepticon who could be faking turning coats is too far)

• Like Like x 12
  15. ThunderDestron

ThunderDestron Vast predatory bird

Well alot of the micromasters have already shown up in IDW2 (IDW2019?). Plus seeing a 1979 Firebird and a Delorean offbrand on cybertron might ruin some of the alien planet asthetic. But I wouldnt complain if there were 79 firebirds on actual alien planets...

• Like Like x 1
  16. protohuman

protohuman Save the whales

I think most of us did our part by basically funding the mini-series through toy purchases. As much as I love my toys, no one can pay me to convey an opinion other than my own. Told my buds it was an, "eh..."
    Luckily Elita grew into her role after the first episode because I wanted to stop watching after that.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You said it well and I agree with everything you touched on. And not just because you referenced my comment about "zero fun". :) 

• Like Like x 1
  18. Focksbot

Focksbot Skeleton Detective

One of them might have shouted "Prowl!" or demanded Jetfire do something, or shown some kind of concern.

Come on - I honestly can't believe you're defending stuff like this.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Hawksford

Hawksford Active Member

News Credits:
    Am halfway through and there is no siege. Is there a siege later?

• Like Like x 3
  20. Autobotknight08

Autobotknight08 Well-Known Member

Yeah I have bought a few of the toys as well. I am not trying to say mute the criticism. I am sorry if it came off that way. However I wish there was a way we could get Hasbro to put more into it is all. Giving the series a far shake was just an idea. It is not earth shattering amazing I agree, but it is better that what we have had cartoon wise for a while. How would you compare it to the past others? I am curious.

• Like Like x 1