Netflix WfC Trilogy discussion thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by Shackstoys, Feb 15, 2019.

?

Will it be good?

1. Yes!

199 vote(s)
    46.7%
  2. No!

66 vote(s)
    15.5%
  3. I'm from the future and all who said yes were right!

79 vote(s)
    18.5%
  4. I'm from the future and all who said no were right!

53 vote(s)
    12.4%
  5. I'm from the future and there was never a Titan class Skorponok figure!! Please hastak!!!

29 vote(s)
    6.8%
  1. Dann86

Dann86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He wrote Siege

• Like Like x 1
  2. LeakLito

LeakLito New Member

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Long time transformers fan, 27 years old...got my first REAL introduction with Beast wars/ beast machines. Armada was the first season I starting watching extensively. Watched all of the energon trilogy. Didn’t get into any of the season after because of being used to the story & cgi that I was used to. I’ve had an account on this website long ago, but because of my personal preference of the serious since then I haven’t commented on anything in years, until now...

With that being said, me personally, EYE love this new series. I watched Transformers The Movie for the first time around 2013 and I loved it, I own the movie, and THIS Netflix series is the first irritation of THAT backstory with more detail, and the concepts, plus the art that I like that give me the same feelings I got from watching the 1987 movie for the first time, and going thru armada for the first time.

I understand and see the “issues” that many of you have stated, most of them seem nit-picky to me. That’s my personal opinion, but as far as story, art, voice acting, action, plus what EYE personally want to see, EYE was extremely satisfied by what I saw from this new Netflix series.

I see a nearly 50% approval of the series in the vote, yet I see nearly 70/80% hate on this thread.

With that EYE say, with 50% of us enjoying the new show the way we do, we should focus more energy on showing that, so we can ALL get progression in this series like it seems like we ALL want. Yes this is new, yes it is different, but all retellings of the story are new and different. The more we support this franchise which we all love and show it, the better the outcome will be for all of us.

I’m encouraged by what I saw from this new series, to the point where I immediately want more, and I think we all do. I think showing support with this is more helpful than all the negativity that multiple post of people hating on watching the first few episodes are unwarranted.

Till all are one

(willing to explain my point of view and argument more lol)

• Like Like x 7
  3. Goldlock

Goldlock and don't call me Shirley

News Credits:
    Honestly, I think the best praise for Siege is that it shows if you have aspirations as a voice actor, go for it! If that cast can get television work, anyone is in with a chance!

I have actually had the privilege to work a little in the industry (BBC), and I can guarantee you that I'd personally be embarrassed to put some of those performances in a show reel, if they were mine.

Anyways, it's interesting reading how wild some of the opinions are!

For those that really enjoyed Siege and thought it was actually good/great, I'm genuinely curious to know why?

• Like Like x 4
  4. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

I haven't read this thread yet and don't think I have time to.

Initial impression of the first episode is that it's the best Transformers media I've seen since the original cartoon and technically, it's way better than that too. After letting it sit in, I was thinking there is not a lot of transforming going on in this Transformers cartoon. The Autobots spent a lot of time walking and talking when they normally could have been rolling and talking. Not a huge deal and will see how it all goes but I'll keep watching to find out. I did see something about the voices at the top of the page and agree that they were a bit surprising. Even my kids kept asking why they sound like that.

5. Galva12

Galva12 Galvatron's "YES" Men

Fucking LOVED it!

• Like Like x 4
  6. Rojixus

Rojixus WE. ARE NOT. THE DECEPTICONS!!

I'm not going to say good riddance, because that's far harsher than how I actually feel, but I'm willing to roll the dice on new writers for Earthrise and Kingdom.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm not gonna support something that was shoddily made. That'll give the impression that the fans want more of the same quality, which is the last thing we need. We need better.

• Like Like x 1
  8. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland Moderator

News Credits:
    I too would like to see something new but I definitely don't mind using the main characters if they can do it well. On the whole I think the problems with the characters in this show is that they try to be different but also expect you to care based on what you already know. In a vacuum there really is no reason to give a shit about Hound or Ironhide or whoever else in this show, but the writers are expecting you to go "aw shit, it's the good old boys", especially with Sunbow references like Wheeljack and Bumblebee at the beginning. So it's like they want you to project your understanding of Red Alert, Ratchet, Ironhide, onto those characters in the show to enhance your experience, but then that can become jarring with what's actually portrayed. They should have just committed one way or another.

• Like Like x 4
  9. LeakLito

LeakLito New Member

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Was the series SO BAD that you don’t want ANYmore of it?

10. Tanafor

Tanafor Autobots at work

News Credits:
    A little better than Machinima's series, but still very amateur work. Hollow story line, cheap voice acting, almost non-existent sound engineering, lazy character development... Yeah... At least Jetfire and Ultra Magnus had something interesting to do.

Bayverse version aside, these have to be the worst versions of Optimus and Megatron I can remember. They felt like caricatures of themselves.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Rumblestorm

News Credits:
    If we get more of this series I would like for them to atleast get a cast with actual talent rather than one they scrapped off of youtube. That would be a good start.
    If they keep this up though, the only improvement I can see happening in Earthrise is not having to worry about legions of repaints in the background because they'll be on Earth.

• Like Like x 1
  12. SHOCKWAVES LAB

SHOCKWAVES LAB Well-Known Member

Its so terrible this should happen

Attached Files:

13. Smokescreen1980

Smokescreen1980 Well-Known Member

I agree but I'd go further. In this series, if we didn't KNOW the Autobots, would we even know they were the good guys? If you had no prior knowledge, you'd actually be forgiven for thinking this was a "war dehumanises us all" kind of message. The torture of Magnus is awful but then so is putting a bomb in someone's head that can be detonated the moment they do something you don't like. The Autobots actively set up ambushes, shoot people in the back and go on the rob. As others have said, they force the pacifist Ratchet into working for them, and then Prime lectures the Guardians for their neutrality and refuses to respect their exercising their freedom.

The writers just put a mishmash of whatever they felt like in there - a nod to the cartoon here, an IDW plot device there - to fill the 20ish minutes and just assumed the audience would know who they're meant to be rooting for because, hey, it's the Autobots.

Newsflash - when you show the good guys quite literally taking away freedom of thought with a bomb, you're going to lose the audience sympathy.

• Like Like x 10
  14. Rob

Rob IDW FOREVER

News Credits:
    Wow that was fantastic loved it nearly all of it, except one thing THEY HAVE TO FIX IRONHIDE’s VOICE. I don’t even mind if he is not full blown southern, but he it’s got to deeper and rougher.

It even feels like the editors of the show thought it wasn’t right because he barely has any lines.

Please Mr. Desanto, fix it. I don’t even mind if it’s the same voice actor, but ha e toughen up the voice age it. Part of his characterization is his age and he sounds like he is 14.

Other then that amazing show great work.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Rumblestorm

News Credits:
    And because of all that, if you're outside of the fandom and go into the show knowing little to nothing about the franchise, you have no idea what is going on and why you should care.

• Like Like x 2
  16. AzT

AzT Moderator News Staff TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
  17. Galvatron2000

Galvatron2000 Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    This is the only place where I've seen people throwning a lot of shit at the series.Does Michael Bay have many accounts here? :D 

Even Rottentomatoes aproves!
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  18. Rumblestorm

News Credits:
    In our defense, the only people who have posted reviews are existing fans of the franchise.

19. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP #VernoWasRight

News Credits:
    This is the most immature thing I’ve read so far.

Can some fans of this show really not handle criticism? Are you that insecure that you throw a tantrum everyone somebody talks bad about a thing you like? Like come on, you complain about bitching yet that’s exactly what you’re doing, only it’s worse because you’re hating on people for having opinions rather than making fun of a shitty cartoon.

I’ll never understand this schoolyard mentality that just because someone insults something you like, you get to insult them back. As if people and media are the same thing. “This show is dumb.” “NO YOU’RE DUMB!” That is the level of reaction to the criticisms you’ve shown. I simply don’t understand it.

I suppose it does make me appreciate those who disagree with me and don’t resort to insults and bellyaching. I feel embarrassed for you.

But I thought RT couldn’t be trusted, no? Isn’t that what everyone says whenever they give stuff they like a low score?

• Like Like x 8
  20. kraven

kraven Decepticon

Idk how out of style mlp is nowadays, but my daughter still loves it and we were watching this episode the other day and I explained to my wife that this is a PERFECT example of what you think visiting a fan site will be, vs what it actually is. Lmao A5AF77CB-0CB4-427F-B17F-684C3491E9F3.jpeg

anyway, I want to add that I love the series so far. I was caught off guard at bumblebee and wheeljacks personalities at first but quickly realized, this is not just a copy of g1. It is it’s own thing, and I think that’s great. I love the slower pace, music, story and overall mood of the show. It’s much more captivating than just a bunch of action all the time. The only voice that pretty much flat out sucks is Soundwave. And while not mind blowingly great, the rest of the cast, to me, is really good. I’m never taken out of the moment because of the voice acting. Anyway, I hope the general consensus is positive everywhere else because I would love more of this and would hate to see negative reviews ruin it.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2020
    • Like Like x 3