Netflix WfC Trilogy discussion thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Shackstoys, Feb 15, 2019.

?

Will it be good?

1. Yes!

222 vote(s)
    35.1%
  2. No!

115 vote(s)
    18.2%
  3. I'm from the future and all who said yes were right!

105 vote(s)
    16.6%
  4. I'm from the future and all who said no were right!

154 vote(s)
    24.3%
  5. I'm from the future and there was never a Titan class Skorponok figure!! Please hastak!!!

37 vote(s)
    5.8%
  1. Shackstoys

Shackstoys Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    So what do you all think about this news? Do you have high hopes or will it fall flat like the YouTube series?

• Like Like x 4
  2. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    I'll wait till I see images of the art style and some clips before I even think of making a decision.
    I need to see at least an episode or two before I can truly decide.

• Like Like x 14
  3. lordcryotek

lordcryotek M'Hael

I have no faith in anyone who worked on any of the animated stuff they did during the Prime Wars trilogy. Since the showrunner (probably the most important person working on a TV show) is from that team, I don't see it being good. I hope I'm wrong. They should course correct as soon as possible and hire someone from outside the franchise.

• Like Like x 4
  4. bluesymetal

bluesymetal Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I’m incredibly excited for this, however cautiously optimistic/ ready to be disappointed when I saw who the show runner was. I thought the Prime Wars started mediocre then got really bad. I’m keeping my finger crossed Netflix keeps it to the standards of their other cartoons like Castlevania and Voltron.

• Like Like x 5
  5. Wheeljack84

Wheeljack84 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I would've liked another poll option. I'm not sure we shall see. It will depend on presentation. The Prime Wars trilogy was not very good. The voice acting and presentation were very clunky. Even the animation by today's standards was not very impressive.

I hope they will have a better voice cast than Cyberverse. Honestly, I would far prefer the studio that did Castlevania over Polygon. Hopefully, the animation will come off better than it did in the Prime Wars trilogy.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Wheeljack84

Ebay:
    I mean the Prime Wars trilogy was a web series at the end of the day. It's not exactly going to be Daredevil-level content. I'm hoping the game is stepped up several degrees for this new show. If it's simply Prime Wars Trilogy 2.0 then meh.

• Like Like x 5
  7. bluesymetal

bluesymetal Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Fair enough, but it had relatively big names working on it, animation aside, bad writing is bad writing.

• Like Like x 3
  8. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

I don't think you can really blame the show runner... I mean not eniterly anyway... Machinima is known for short internet web shows and that's exactly what we got with Prime Wars. The problem is Transformers doesn't really work in that format as every web series has ultimately failed miserably.

They work well with original content specifically writen with that format in mind but for something as well established as Transformers it feels empty like nothing is really happening because they're trying to cram too much into such a short time. It's just a mess. It's like they threw 1,000 darts at a board that is only meant to hold 5 darts and not a single one of them hit anywhere near the bulls eye.

Netflix on the other hand is more like a proper TV series... I think with more time they could actually do something decent. It might still be just as bad but Prime Wars did have some good ideas... most of their problem was an over flowing pot. Most of their ideas got ruined due to the pot being too small to contain them. Bigger pot, more room to actually develop those big ideas.

Another way to put it is honestly Prime Wars felt more like a pitch for a series, a basic outline of the stories they wanted to develop. But it never felt like they ever finished any of those concepts.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Sixwing

Sixwing You have chosen poorly

^this. I want to see something before I make a decision.

• Like Like x 4
  10. DJCHARTERS

DJCHARTERS Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have a bit faith in it. It will be interesting to see. I just hope it’s aimed at a more mature crowd than we are used to.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Scrapmaker

Scrapmaker Hadar Sen Olmen

I'd say it can't be worse than the Prime Wars Trilogy, but then I remembered that PW dethroned Energon as the worst TF series in the first place...So it's still possible it could be super terrible, or at least disappointing.

I'll wait until we see something concrete.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Mega scream

Mega scream Tyrannical Freedom Fighter

I m keeping my fingers crossed

• Like Like x 2
  13. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I give it a solid maybe. I’m a fan of there RvB franchise and I know how much of a success their RWBY series was.

Even if it’s not great, it will still be a leg up from Machinima’s bad attempt.

That being said.

I want Geoff to voice Maccadam.
    And I wand Gavin, Michael, and Jack in there as like anyone.

• Like Like x 2
  14. wellgoshdiddlydarnit

wellgoshdiddlydarnit Well-Known Member

Yeah, hopefully some concept art or a few clips. Don't want to be too hasty before any content even comes out. But I'm cautiously optimistic!

• Like Like x 3
  15. Wheeljack84

Ebay:
    Hey no argument from me. I'm just saying as a web series, expectations are usually lower. They weren't even full length episodes. Keep in mind they didn't add the bigger names until Titans Return. The first season used the lesser known VAs.

16. agent j 15

agent j 15 Banned

Ultimately it’s really too early to tell WHAT will happen with it. But it’s the perfect time to speculate and hope what it WILL be...

Personally I’d want something more in line with G.I. Joe Resolute than the machinima series - dark, character based, made for the old school fans who are now in their 30’s and 40’s. Given that it’s also about the war I also wouldn’t mind seeing it a little more like Game of Thrones - not the gore and nudity (although if they make that work so be it) but more in the sense that it explores the political problems behind the war. So many times TF media forgets to explain what exactly CAUSED the war, and a show that’s ABOUT the war is the perfect chance to explore Cybertrons political system and how it collapsed.

But also. Like. Robo gore. Please.

• Like Like x 7
  17. wellgoshdiddlydarnit

wellgoshdiddlydarnit Well-Known Member

Getting a darker side of the war and pre-war history would be so cool to have! But I heard that Machinima and a few others with a not so great track record are involved... I guess we'll see in a couple of months!

• Like Like x 4
  18. LightningBlade3

LightningBlade3 Destined to be a Prime

News Credits:
    I just want something a little more aimed at older fans. The kids already have Rescue Bots and Cyberverse, so why not make a more mature show? As long as they don’t try too hard to be edgy like a show like say Riverdale, it could turn out good.

• Like Like x 7
  19. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Has it been said if these are going to be PROPER episodes in terms of length? 20 minutes (30 minutes if aired on normal TV) or is this going to be more of the A.D.D. crowd's 10 minute episode BS that seems to be plaguing cartoon shows?

• Like Like x 2
  20. Prime time 101

Prime time 101 Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    I have very little faith especially since the last good tf show was prime

• Like Like x 2