Netflix WFC Megatron with Lionizer and Pinpointer

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Starscream Gaga, Apr 19, 2020.

1. Mister D

Mister D Bloosh Compatible

Was tempted to grab that Armada homage, but what I loved about Armada Megs was all the gimmicks of the toy. I would love something that more closely captures the spirit of that figure, with modern articulation of course.

2. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    Of course I would buy an Armada retooling of this guy and probably really love it, I'd rather we moved on from this mold now. Megatron has had a wealth of alt-modes over the years. Why limit ourselves to just tank-modes in these new toys?

...Unless we're talking about a Pre-War Miner version of this toy. Knowing that that headsculpt exists and that there is a matching Impactor that DID see release eats me up inside.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  3. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

My Netflix Megatron is super tight, more so than Siege Megatron.
    The silver brings out his true presence, much more threatening looking in hand.
    I think whoever buys him will be pleased. I was on the fence with him at the store, now I'm liking him more than Hotlink who I originally wanted.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Liege Nemesis

Liege Nemesis Snarks about old cartoons

Originally I was a hard "no" on this because I have baseline Siege Megs already, but I have some issues with that siege one I have (joint looseness, mostly) so I think I've moved up a tier in terms of purchasing intent from "probably not unless I'm in a particularly frivolous mood" to "I'll grab one if I see it but I'm not going to be heartbroken if I don't."

Given that I generally only go grocery shopping once every week or two thanks to the coronapocalypse the odds have decreased, but you never know. I saw one in the wild a couple weeks ago but passed it up on account of a severely damaged box. Seeing the positive responses here have swung me a little bit if I ever see another.

I don't use the word "hero" often, but you, sir, are the greatest hero in Megatron-specific Transformers collecting that this forum has ever seen. :lol 

5. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Flipsides of his fists have enough space for a 5mm hole.
    Just needs his chained mace now.

E777CB0F-470A-40EC-A307-92CD3A73AA62.jpeg

003AF7DE-B0C5-4CEE-984D-FF2D5EB3FC1D.jpeg

Last edited: Apr 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 14
  6. TyrantGalvatron

TyrantGalvatron Hasbro is NOT your enemy.

News Credits:
    I want this Megatron so bad. But I don't want the two battlemasters that come with it. Really wish they would've just sold Megs as a regular Voyager without the extras that jacked up the price.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Starscream Gaga

News Credits:
    Given that Lionizer is in the correct deco for the first time and Pinpointer is supposed to go with Crosshairs but never got a seperate release, surely they wouldn't be too hard to sell?

8. newmanium

newmanium Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Sell them. You should easily be able sell them for a price that brings your overall expense back down to voyager level.

I did it with Skywarp and Hotlink's weaponizers

9. SuperRock7

SuperRock7 Gone for some milk

News Credits:
    Imagine you thought your collection was good but then this guy just shows up and ends your career.

• Like Like x 2
  10. The Grand Architect

The Grand Architect Banned

I've debated if this or Earthrise Megatron should be my "default" one; think I'm leaning more towards this 'cause the paint looks really nice and the sword feels far less obtrusive than the extra weapon Earthrise 'tron has. Plus ER seems to be missing the Megabrows? Not quite a (G1/G2) Megatron without 'em...

Last edited: May 6, 2020
  11. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    yeah, the ER head sculpt is baaaaaaad.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Starscream Gaga

News Credits:
    He does have them, they're just not very prominent. That sword (if you can even call it that), though... yikes.

• Like Like x 1
  13. The Grand Architect

The Grand Architect Banned

Ahh, yeah, I see them. Neither this nor the animation-colored ones had as prominent brows as the regular Siege one, but they're still noticeable at a glance. The Megapout is important to me lmao. Plus, as you say, regardless of deco, this figure does the sword (or spear but held wrong, on the ER?) into turret thing way more elegantly. I just don't think that giant piece is worth the slightly better looking tank mode, as the Siege version's essentially the same if a bit messier up top

14. Robots78

Robots78 Robotanist

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I'm digging this Megatron... my sixth Megatron figure and finally one I'm pretty satisfied with.

I have the original Siege release and the joints feel noticeably tighter/better on this. I could do without the paint spatter on his pelvis and the paint application on his cannon is really heavy-handed, but other than that this thing looks great.

I did try giving him the cannon from the Siege figure, but the plastic on that is a very warm black that looks more like dark brown when you put it next to this figure, so it was a no-go.

Now to see if Earthrise Megatron can top this...

62C3030D-C896-4D5B-A249-85DA0B381629.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  15. Liege Nemesis

I did end up breaking down and snagging one the last time I had to get groceries and there was one on the shelf and I am actually pretty happy with it. As people have said, the joints are much tighter than on the Siege version, so that's a big plus. I did notice that the left ankle tilt on mine is a little loose, but one slightly wonky joint is better than his entire leg assembly being kinda floppy.

And while I'm mostly not a fan of all the grime/battle damage paint applications across the WFC line so far, I'm surprisingly fond of the scuffed up Decepticon logo

For me the only paint application (or lack thereof) that I don't like is the tarnished brown streak on his head. But there's nothing to be done about that because a) my painting skills are so poor that it'd end up looking like amateur hour if I tried anything and b) like hell I'd want to try and color match it

• Like Like x 1
  16. shamanking282

shamanking282 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Shit, this looks really good. And I already own the other versions. Thankfully I stickered up the first one into IDW miner Megatron. The talk of Marvel Megatron makes me wonder what kinda dark grey would work on the 35th anniversary figure's helmet.

17. iacon45

iacon45 Missing: One Custom Title

News Credits:
    I opened up mine the other day and the tight joints where the first thing I noticed. His arms and shoulders were SUPER tight. I don't think I have ever had a TF with tighter joints than this. But getting him out, I really REALLY love this deco. I was never much on battle damage but for this Megatron it works. I always reference him being a gladiator before becoming leader of the Decepticons so I can see him use those battle scars from his gladiator days as a badge of honor. The silver on him though...he really does pop on my shelf. So much so than the first release Siege Megatron so he gets replaced on my shelf. I am not very impressed with the Megatron we have coming up in Earthrise so I'm going to call it that this Megatron will be my definitive Megatron on my Classics/Generations shelf. He also looks pretty good posed up against Earthrise Optimus.

Also can't get enough of these Battlemasters. I have not decided who to give Lionizer to but Siege Crosshairs absolutely needed to be reunited with Pinpointer.

• Like Like x 1
  18. rego0012

rego0012 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I love this release, but I could do without the children’s crayon scribbles on the chest.

19. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    I've read that joints are tighter on this, how tight are the knee joints? On my regular SIEGE Megatron, the right knee joint is substantially looser than the left. Very tempted by this new one on the strength of its paint deco alone, the Targetmasters are a nice bonus too. I may end up getting this in place of EarthRise Megatron, the eyes on this look better to me than the Cyberverse-esque eyes on EarthRise Megatron.

Along with the new deco, this new Netflix Megatron would've been cooler with light piped eyes too.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Liege Nemesis

Mine has very nice knee joints that are quite stiff and hold their pose well. The hips too. My Siege Megs isn't hopelessly floppy, but he did noticably have some issues if I tried to set up a pose with bent legs that put any strain on the joints. The Netflix one has no issues adopting even a wide pose with bent knees. One of the ankles is a little loose in terms of tilting, but it doesn't seem to cause any stability problems.

as for light piping, while it would've been cool, I have to imagine that it was probably not a serious consideration given that his head is mostly silver. The light pipe access on the back/top of his head would've stood out too much against the smooth and lightly colored "helmet" than they do on most of the figures that have the gimmick and who usually tend towards black heads (the seekers) or dark blues and purples (shockwave, soundwave).

Maybe if they ever make a Marvel Comics design alternate release with a black/dark blue helmet they could do some light piping.

• Like Like x 1