Netflix wave 3 Deluxes in Package and at US Retail

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Hotconvoy, Mar 13, 2021.

1. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    SKU: 255596606

• Like Like x 1
  2. rikaldomario

rikaldomario Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes, this are my fourth (fifth if you count the ER SG Ratchet remold), fifth and fifth versions of these molds, but if Hasbro keeps pumping out creative recolors as new characters I'm gonna but 'em all!

Blue Deep Cover is gonna be "Speed Breaker" in my house. Sparkless is going to use the fake "official name" of "Rusticon".Need a new name for the Ironhide recolor though... 20210321_233154.jpg 20210321_233150.jpg 20210321_233147.jpg 20210321_233142.jpg 20210321_232216.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  3. Maximus Danz

Maximus Danz Trying to achieve something

News Credits:
    I'll be stealing "Speedbreaker" for my collection :p 

As for Ironhide, here are some suggestions:
    • Guardsman
    • Quintus
    • Dessus (if you don't want the actually Quintesant named Dessus from the show)
    • Battalion
    • Smash-throu
    • Infantrus

• Like Like x 2
  4. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    I was going to call any Diaclone black deco of Ironhide by the name Safeguard, I guess you can go with that.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Optimalprimal

Optimalprimal Diecast construction. It's a lost art.

I'm going with the idea of a pre loss of hands Lockdown for Ironhide, Detritus for the Rusticon, and I was going with a pre earth Clampdown for DC but now I'm thinking Strongarm. Some cool head canon with each such as Lockdown and Detritus working for the Quints for their own individual reasons and Strong arm with the rusty light bar on her first solo assignment.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Requiem Prime

Requiem Prime Well-Known Member

Just locked in mine at TCP. I'm down with renaming, especially implied troop builders. Detritus and Battalion sing to me (I was going to skip Ironhide). I prefer Clampdown as a foil to Deep Cover, and with Red Alert they're probably not going to use Clampdown. On that same note, I'm holding out on the fool's errand that they might let Strongarm cross over.

No interest in the Megs/Paleotrex (cool but unnecessary) or Primal/Rattrap (neither look improved)

My big issues is what to call the mainline cheetor is if this version is going to be my Cheetor. Cataclysm and CatSCAN, and both feel a bit much for a non-transmetal.

• Like Like x 2
  7. volatus

volatus Cat Herder

For some reason I like the names "Conveyor" and "Traction" for the DaD. As for Sparkless Bot, we can presume he had a name when he had a spark. A Cybertronian body with no spark may as well be a Transtector, and it should derive its name in part from whatever vital force is or is not animating it. So maybe he can be "Flatline" or "Roadkill", or maybe something predictable like "Junkyard" or "Breakdown"

Topcoat, Backscratch, Meh-Cat or Mechat (like Mecha-cat?)

There have been so many great names floated for the alt Deep Cover. I like "Blueshift", though this name was used for an unseen scientist from Velocitron in Prime. "Shortcut" and "Sideline" could work.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  8. Optimalprimal

Optimalprimal Diecast construction. It's a lost art.

My kids are trying to convince me to make GS Hot Shot Strong Arm and DC Hotshot. The boy is positive we could redeco our extra red alert into Clampdown. I'm doubting my paint skills but we will see. May end up with that DC Clampdown and a Red Alert in the trash! :) 

• Like Like x 5
  9. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    chosen prime has all the netflix wave 3 figures up for preorder import prices as of today

• Like Like x 1
  10. volatus

volatus Cat Herder

This is where I'm really sad I cancelled my Megatron preorder on pulse. I could have passed it on to someone "around here" for a good price, but instead, online retailers are listing them for what looks like 75% markups.

rotten_cunt.JPG

11. Fenrys

News Credits:
    They're not actually marked up, those are just the prices for the Takara or Hasbro Asia versions, hence why I said they are import prices (only stating this for factual clarification, to a consumer it does feel like a markup for sure).

• Like Like x 1
  12. volatus

volatus Cat Herder

I would love to learn more about this sort of thing. I'm really new to TF collecting and while I've been chain-smoking Chris Feely and Emgo videos to learn more, there's just so much to catch up on since I was a 4-year-old and actually had some of these toys, lol.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Basically in this instance, the only 2 stores in the USA that will carry the Hasbro USA releases of these figures are Walmart and Hasbro Pulse (limited quantities). Anybody else that is selling them is either typically scalping (usually after the fact) or importing the figures from a region where they aren't store exclusive (usually Hasbro Asia). The higher price is just a side effect of them being sourced from the other side of the world instead of within the local region.

• Like Like x 2
  14. DarkProwler

DarkProwler Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Off topic to the current discussion, but are Deep Cover's arms and thighs white or silver? Thinking about picking one up for a custom if they're silver.

15. Sarkwave

Sarkwave I should have been voiced by David Warner

I just picked him up the other day and they're definitely an off white color.

16. RodimusRex

RodimusRex Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    "Blueshift" is now my preferred name for Blue Bluestreak.

• Like Like x 5
  17. 80sforged

80sforged Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I am getting more interested in the Megs (I so want to pose him in a 'By the Power of Grayskull pose now) Seeker and Rusticon. I might just swallow the mark-up on AJ, or the transit time from a japanese e-tailer for the TT release.

18. Chareos

Chareos needs new Omnibots

News Credits:
    I'd call them gray

• Like Like x 1
  19. rikaldomario

rikaldomario Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    To me they're a really light grey, if I had to say, to me they look more silver-ish than white-ish.

Anyway, has somebody said this before? Hasbro finally gave use Blue Bluestreak's color scheme, problem is that it's in the wrong mold :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  20. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    Bluestreak and Silverstreak sorted that out for me.

I'm looking more for a name that doesn't have anything to do with the color blue. Is Windcharger called RedCharger? No, and he shouldn't be. Speedbreaker or Sideburn will more than likely get the win, if not one of the Gobots Lambos.