Netflix wave 3 Deluxes in Package and at US Retail

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Hotconvoy, Mar 13, 2021.

1. AOEGalvatronRox

AOEGalvatronRox Collector

News Credits:
    I’m not taking it personally. I just find it funny that people go out of their way to dump on them when literally no one mentions them.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Something I realized recently with Kobalt Cover, I'm really getting into the alternate universe stuff. And now we have a few alternate universe type stuff.

Shattered Glass
    G2
    Diaclone

• Like Like x 6
  3. AOEGalvatronRox

AOEGalvatronRox Collector

News Credits:

G2 has never been my thing, because it’s just G1 but in bright colors. However, the G2 Ramjet and G2 Megatron have definitely piqued my interest in that part of the brand.

• Like Like x 2
  4. ophyjgjhnfn

ophyjgjhnfn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What kills me the most about the Walmart exclusives is the fact the Walmart’s in my -county- haven’t really carried transformers, let alone their own damned exclusives, for years now. I saw a reissue prime once ever. Zero other exclusives. I ordered hot link and had it delivered to the store. That’s the only technicality I can give them for having more than one in years.

5. Cardion

Cardion Courage and Good Cheer!

News Credits:
    Cyberverse, Animated, Unicron Trilogy, Fall of Cybertron... Even Rescue Bots.
    It's all alternate universe stuff.

Our brand reboots the multiverse like most brands change their tight. We have a billion different origin stories. We have universes with gods. We have universes with Mark Wahlberg. We have universes with transforming rubber duckies. And they are all valid. DC and Marvel have nothing on the rich tapestry of the Transformers.

• Like Like x 7
  6. butheadimus prime

butheadimus prime Picard?

Ebay:
    I like alt universes and that is where some of this netflix and selects stuff fits in with me. I tend to display head canon universes.

I have a "G1" collection made up of Primewars trilogy and WFC trilogy stuff. No Galvy, Cyclonus, scourge. Megs still in charge.
    Shattered Glass, also helps I jave all the Botcon stuff
    WFC what if theh never left cybertron which is.where siege and some other items here and there fit in
    G1 where Optimus isn't ressurected which is where cost too much rodimus goes alomg with other duplicated characters ie blurr kup ect
    Nemesis where the Prime loco has defeated Megatron and snapped taking over the cons and executing any bots that didn't convert. Good way of jamming in various baddies and evil versions of characters. Exhaust is just evil wheeljack here, bugbite, jetfire with a con symbol ect.

I get and agree with what you are saying but let us not too crazy here. DC and Marvel did skme deep dives into multiverses. Transformers is a close 3rd imo. Let us not forget Marvel birthed transformers and it is one of their universes and all of Transformers universes are technically branch realities. I have considered the Matrix the 7th infinity stone in Transformer universes.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2021
  7. MilanX3

MilanX3 Well-Known Member

I like the Deep Cover in Blue...not sure what the history of the blue is...just a reverse colour like the G1/G2 Sideswipe colour switch? I think there is alot of dirt and schmutz on him which takes away from the nice design of this figure in blue. If not hard to find, I'd buy that for a few dollars...

8. BIGGUY007

BIGGUY007 Well-Known Member

Didn\'t we just get a Cheetor in Kingdom, and we are getting it again in the Netflix Line?

• Like Like x 2
  9. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There's a clean version on Pulse right now if that's your thing. But don't deride the worn paint job. It's done in a unique process much like miniature painting, where you start with a black base and paint highlight colors on top in layers. How they do this in production I have no idea. In the case of Netflix Deep, I really like the window scratches.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Afterburner

Afterburner For your health

News Credits:
    Guess this means I'm officially fucked on Soundwave.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Gumblor Gimbles

Gumblor Gimbles Norn' Ironhide

News Credits:
    Exactly. For a long time people have not personally liked the paint, and that's fine. But in terms of quality, it's definitely not a sloppy job. these Netflix figures had more effort put into the paint jobs than regular ER figures did.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Vector Oracle

Vector Oracle Heroic Captain of Cowabunga

News Credits:
    Yes. We’re also getting a second Optimus Primal and Rattrap, although their deco changes are more subtle.

• Like Like x 1
  13. SoundwaveSuperior

SoundwaveSuperior "The Scourge of the Sky" (She/They)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Tumblr:
    The Netflix line is largely rereleases of recent figures with slightly different decos.

14. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    The Netflix line is almost entirely a same character repaint line. It's nothing new really

• Like Like x 2
  15. RagaBM

RagaBM Sqweeks is the Last Knight

Only gonna get Cheetor, cus that navy blue is very noice. The others are bland army builders.

16. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    Problem is who the "main cast" is differs depending on which G1 fan you talk to.

• Like Like x 7
  17. volatus

volatus Cat Herder

You're going off on a tangent now
    "Well if you'd all stop liking what I don't like, then all would be well!"

• Like Like x 2
  18. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    I just found two at one of the three Walmarts in my area. Haven't checked the others, but I'm sure there's some there as well. No reason to give up hope just yet.

19. Optimalprimal

Optimalprimal Diecast construction. It's a lost art.

I remember when I was a kid we were thrilled when other people liked the figures we hated. My brother loved Grimlock and Slag, I like Snarl and Swoop and we ended up with the whole set.
    I guess the problem is that in any year Hasbro is going to put out 60 to 70% of the given toylines as G1, 20 to 30% as Bayverse, and the remainder gets allocated to the other 12 or 13 subfranchises so a fan of UT may only see a figure every other year. It's gotta be frustrating when the G1 guys are so close to getting things completed but "lose" slots to Bayverse and vice versa. As a BW guy first and G1 second I get why some of the other guys in the less represented series feel like "WTF?" We all just need to realize that everyone else's franchise is cool to them and remember that as cringeworthy as Bayverse may be to some, I watched the original G1 cartoon and while I love it, it wasn't winning any Oscars either! ;P

• Like Like x 2
  20. Dexatronic

Dexatronic Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Was somebody looking for Netflix soundwave?