Netflix War for Cybertron Trilogy Earthrise Reviews

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Tony_Bacala, Dec 28, 2020.

1. maxxzander

maxxzander Well-Known Member

earthrise is kinda misleading .....should rename it to LOST IN SPACE & TIME !!! that is what the entire season 2 show is about....damn space's plot dragged far too long ...i was hoping to see them fighting on earth with their new updated body and earth based alt mode......disappointed... also when prime talks in his normal tone, he sounded somewhat similar to peter cullen's prime voice... but when he shouted, his voice is not so "primey" anymore...if that makes sense.... it's like a different voice actor was used for the shouting part albeit still the same va.. its very inconsistent.. i guess jake foushee still got alot to learn from seasoned VA like peter cullen...

• Like Like x 5
  2. Wreckie

Wreckie Holder of the Discomatrix

Ebay:
    How could they butcher his character? He’s never had one.

3. Necromaster

Necromaster FEAR ME MORTALS

News Credits:
    I respectfully disagree.

• Like Like x 13
  4. JennAvenger

JennAvenger Well-Known Member

Netflix Transformers- War for Cybertron Trilogy: Earthrise

WHAT EARTHRISE??

• Like Like x 4
  5. Rojixus

Rojixus I AM NOT YOUR ENEMY!

"Nevertheless, I am definitely not a Dinobot!" cracks me up every single time.

• Like Like x 6
  6. Cardion

Cardion Courage and Good Cheer!

News Credits:
    Top 5 Stand-out Characters:
    1) Cog
    2) Scrapface (yes, really)
    3) Elita-1
    4) Chromia
    5) Red Alert

Top 5 Disappointing Characters:
    1) Sky Lynx
    2) Doubledealer
    3) Optimus
    4) Megatron
    5) Ark Autobot Crew

7. Samue1

Samue1 Not to be confused with Sam Witwicky

Yeah, I really liked how they payed homage to a lot of classsic lines without going overboard as in *nudge nudge, see what I did there;) * territory.

And as far as Cog goes...
    Cog is the new Hot Rod

• Like Like x 3
  8. Dann86

Dann86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well an Earthrise is the view of the planet from space much like a sun rise but viewed from the moon which def happens tbf.

The toys are misleading as earth modes etc but was always described as the journey through space before the crash on earth

• Like Like x 4
  9. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Btw, did the writers not know that Nebulos is a planet (and not called Nebulon), and inhabited by organic beings, not cybertronians? Did they just think "Nebulon station" was a cool name to use?
    And I had to laugh, when Ratchet showed that map, Earth where the Allspark is was just as far away from their current position as Nebulon station, where they said they barely have enough energon to go to. Yet they are there within 2 minutes of saying this. :D 
    I have to thank whoever recommended increasing the speed to 1.25. It is much easier to watch the show this way, it doesn't feel like everyone talks in slow motion like some weird metal fatigue has overtaken them. :D  The voices get a little tinny, and Prime sounds way too young this way, but ah well.

Also, they added a female seeker only to kill her off right away? And the colors are reused so often it is confusing. She looked like Acid Storm but another Acid Storm lookalike was with Elita's group too.

"This station is wedged in the spacebridge more tightly than Perceptor's receptors" - Ugh Wheeljack, that sounds... gross. I did not need that mental image. :D 

Transformers.War.for.Cybertron.Earthrise.S01E03.1.jpg

LOOOOL this shot made me laugh. Scorponok is HUGE, and that door is clearly at ground level, so... in order for his tail to scurry off in the foreground like this, he had to detach it and make it roll around on a little trolley. :D 
    I know the creators wanted to do some Aliens or similar horror movie reference there, but they are just so inept at this. It's almost as bad as when Otachi was "stalking" the jaegers among the skyscrapers of Hong Kong in Pacific Rim. Giant monsters the size of buildings are not known for their stealth.

And I guess like many others in this show, Scorponok forgot he had guns mounted on his arms? Not really liking his weird Gollum-like personality either. Why even feature Scorponok when he is nothing like either old version, nor is he a headmaster despite them actually using the model that makes it seems his head can transform.
    Also whoever animated him probably never saw an arthropod move. He doesn't as much scurry around on his legs, but just... rolls while his legs move up and down. So basically like the 1987 toy being rolled around :D 

If Megatron had enough energy to fly the Nemesis to practically the other end of the universe - and in what seems to be a few hours at most, when the Autobots needed a space bridge to come here - then why does he still need to kill every Decepticon on Cybertron for energon???

Last edited: Jan 1, 2021
  10. Rodimus_Prime

Rodimus_Prime Protector

News Credits:
    I just binge watch Siege and Earthrise for New Years. Thankful Netflix took this project, and has a lot of potential. To me it feels that both are very condense into 6 short episodes per chapter. They are able to tell the macro story but could have been exploited more. Anyway, curious how Unicron gets out of the dead universe if it does

On a tangent, a Galvatron toy is rumored to be coming, Haslab Unicron is coming in the first half of 2021 along with Rodimus Prime in the Kingdom toy line. I'm wondering if in the Kingdom to end the Trilogy, Rodimus Prime will unleash the Matrix on Unicron (à la 1986 Transformers the Movie) to save the TF Universe? That'll be fun to watch the anarchy and reactions of fans.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2021
  11. Cardion

Cardion Courage and Good Cheer!

News Credits:
    And as far as Cog goes...
    Cog is the new Hot Rod

Damn! Hells yes! The best surprise of the series.

• Like Like x 4
  12. 3Y3

3Y3 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Sigh...Watched episode 2 so I could get more Duocon goodness in my life, and it was just a simple cameo by Skytread. I do appreciate getting as much Skytread as possible, and him having some dialogue in this season is awesome, but PLEASE have him transform finally! Ended up watching a few episodes after that just in case, but quickly realized why I stopped watching this series in the first place.

To be fair, from what I watched (eps 2-4) it seemed better than the first season (pacing, and I do like the look of the series overall and felt more vibrant this time around) but still so badly written I couldn't keep going.

In summer, GIVE US MORE SKYTREAD OR GIVE US DEATH!

13. Super4Ever

Super4Ever Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Went into this not expecting anything earth shattering and enjoyed it that much more because of it. Binged all the episodes together and had a good time doing so. Certainly things could have been done better, but sometimes it’s easier to enjoy things for that they are.

I enjoy the addition of other factions. Mercenaries don’t make a ton of sense as some have mentioned, but I can also see why they aren’t just Decepticons. Not everyone who doesn’t align with the Autobots should be a Decepticon, not everyone should fall into those two factions. I can certainly see other groups developing. I hope Mercenaries stick around going forward.

That being said, not sure why Scorponok needs his own faction for it to receive no development. Might sound hypocritical, but that’s just how I feel.

For all the criticism for the name Earthrise with no Earth modes, well, we certainly got our Earthrise right there in the last 2 episodes of the show. An Earthrise is the view of Earth from the Moon, but I guess the view from space is close enough. The real issue is that the toyline was named Earthrise and was riddled with Earth Modes. Again, it was always intended for Earthrise to be the journey to Earth story wise, it was really the toyline that didn’t follow the story that Warden and Hasbro presented.

In any case, it was a fun series that I enjoyed. The teaser at the end was great and I’m hoping Kingdom comes sooner than later.

• Like Like x 5
  14. Makarov

Makarov Well-Known Member

I am hoping that
    Megatron defeats unicron with the matrix

• Like Like x 1
  15. Alexander Fedorychev

Alexander Fedorychev TonTon: Revealing All Kingdom Figures Tomorrow!

News Credits:
    Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania located on Cybertron
    And then goes poof

• Like Like x 1
  16. denebian

denebian Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well.... he does make one more appearance, but he never does transform.
    You probably don't want to finish the series.

• Like Like x 4
  17. Rodimus_Prime

Rodimus_Prime Protector

News Credits:
    99% Megatron will be fighting Optimus Prime or 1% Galvatron to a have chance in opening it. LOL

18. Rojixus

Rojixus I AM NOT YOUR ENEMY!

GALVATRON: "Alright, let's try this again! And this time, I'll make sure to put my fingers in the finger-holes!"

• Like Like x 6
  19. The Roman Empire1977

The Roman Empire1977 I succeeded where Megatron failed

Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I don't really have high hopes for kingdom after these two shows. They really fail with Optimus, in most shows, whether what iteration it is, they are usually memorable for different reasons. And here, it's almost ironically comical. I now know how geewunners feel seeing what they liked butchered, I can't wait to laugh at how poor kingdom is without the talents of Gary Chalk and David Kaye. More slow deep course shouts :lol 

• Like Like x 2
  20. Maximus Danz

Maximus Danz Wreck N' Rule

News Credits:

That is the most accurate assessment of current Transformers that I have read.

• Like Like x 4