Netflix War for Cybertron Trilogy Earthrise Reviews

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Tony_Bacala, Dec 28, 2020.

1. SuperTitanHans

SuperTitanHans Upgraded

News Credits:
    I thought episode 5 was the worst of the entire WFC series so fall. Calamitously bad. The whole episode is just two very slow and labored expository conversations.

• Like Like x 7
  2. Rojixus

Rojixus I AM NOT YOUR ENEMY!

I'm beginning to suspect Hasbro would have been better off not greenlighting the Netflix series in the first place and just put the G1 cartoon and Beast Wars on Netflix. Lord knows they blow this sad cash grab out of the water.

• Like Like x 10
  3. YoungPrime

YoungPrime DJD VET

News Credits:
    This was pretty much what I expected quality wise.

Episodes 1-4 were all 5/10's.
    Episodes 5 and 6 and 3.5/10's.

• The fight scene's were mostly predictable and boring.
    • Bumblebee was as annoying as usual, interrupting Primes battles the exact same way he did in Season 1.
    • Prime's voice while yelling was fcuking absurd!
    • Nemesis Prime's cameo was as disappointing as the Dead-verse itself was. I'll stick the IDW version since Rooster Teeth's lack of a budget probably ruled over this episode.
    • Elita was too Mary Sue.
    • Prime and Meg's Bromance just became tired by the end.
    • I also wish that Scorponok could've been a more relevant villain/threat than just being a random dumb brute for bots to team up and shoot at.
    • The Quintesson Judge wasn't bad but where the hell were its real minions?

But what are you to expect in six 23 minute episodes, right....

THANK YOU!
    It was clearly where they had to ease up on the budget!

Last edited: Dec 30, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Nako

Nako Well-Known Member

I meant animated series

5. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    They should have either poured actual money into this show and hired a competent creative team or just not have greenlighten it at all because at this point this show isn't doing any goodwill to the brand by turning new viewers off. Imagine if you were interested in learning about Transformers and stumbled upon this show. I wouldn't have watched anything related to Transformers again.

• Like Like x 10
  6. YoungPrime

YoungPrime DJD VET

News Credits:
    G.I.Joe Resolute is still proof that Hasbro can green light a short but decent quality show if they put their heart, soul and money into it.

• Like Like x 7
  7. Smitty.1981

Smitty.1981 I HAVE THE POWER!

News Credits:
    So what was up with Prime's voice when ever he fought Megatron?

Also I swear this show has three voices.
    1. Old Man
    2. Young Man
    3. Woman

• Like Like x 17
  8. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I guess I should be more specific - I was actually saying that CGI shows in general made since the later 2000's & 20teens will likely date better than the ones made before that as they are more likely to have both lighting and shadows & effects that some of the 1990's Mainframe shows lack.

Take The 2013 Max Steel CGI cartoon reboot for example -

You can see it's a progression in some areas- Alpha effects, lighting and animation flow in generally are all much much better than a 1990's show - but conversly the mouth lipsynch still isn't quite perfect and there is some issues with character "floatyness" & some improvements could be made to self shadowing and things like how the character sits on a solid surface - but it's also "better" and is progress, then you have a show like the afore mentioned Miraculous Ladybug that has very high quality environmental modelling (overall) and decent lighting and decent lip synch - but does still resuse animation a bit - but overall there is an improvement in character "emotion" (likely as they are aping Dreamworks and Pixal techniques) & the self-shadowing is lovely at times. I'd say as a rule the more money is spent on something the less issues it has - but even a show like Transformers Prime (which has lots of good points) has it's issues like having a world pretty much empty of humans, or traffic on the roads (curiously the same problem was present in The Miraculous New York special where they had a New York with practically no cars on the streets) - that sort of thing is distracting sometimes as it can break immersion. But you can see Transformers Prime had money spent on it compared to say the Netflix show that feels a little unpolished and "framey" & even a bit "cheap" at times looking like a Playstation 2 cutscene more than a modern animated show and has somewhat lousy lip synch as a rule - but the bad voice acting direction isn't really the animation's fault that is an entirely different problem - like a bad script or a lack of direction or a lack of getting to the point (Disney's Tron cartoon being an example of an otherwise excellent cartoon being ruinined by directionless plotting - and ultimately it being a bit boring so it wasn't technical issues that harmed that show it was bad writing).

Conventional animation can age better though (even if CGI colouring is used on some) shows like Thundercats, The Batman Animated Series, gargoyles, Ulyssess 31 (even Swat Katz in it's own way) are still georgous and will continue to age just fine. Those older shows that used CGI as a hilight to conventional techniques mostly get away with it too - such as Starcom and The Adventures of The Galaxy Rangers do.

But no I wasn't suggesting Transformers Energon had overall Aged well (TF : Cybertron almost gets away with it - or would if it had been made in a better image quality perhaps)

9. Philip164

Philip164 Board Member

News Credits:
    Well that was bad, even worse than the first season; I have no expectations for Kingdom.

Looking at all of the Recent Transformers series, it's become painfully obvious they just want to coast off of Brand Recognition.

But Galvatron's Animation was Horrible, in a Horrible Anime BS explanation episode, his Intro Animation stood out as bad.

• Like Like x 5
  10. Mister D

Mister D Bloosh Compatible TFW2005 Supporter

Episode Four

I don't like this interpretation of Scorponok, at all.

Good kitty!

Prime's growly voice is Christian Bale-Batman level bad.

Megatron just lets Prime slowly pick up his rifle and stand up. ugh.

The literal middle of a series is the weirdest time to do the "opposing sides must work together against a common enemy" trope.

So is Megatron wrong? By sending the Allspark elsewhere, did he not commit an act of genocide against Cybertron?

And "back where we were" so the whole story arc was pointless?

• Like Like x 7
  11. bigfootRULES

bigfootRULES Well-Known Member

well i like the multiple personalities on the Qountessons. but what they never addressed was why deesus got angry when the allspark was mentioned?

• Like Like x 2
  12. DoctorWho

DoctorWho Fire Convoy

News Credits:
    4. I'm Batman

• Like Like x 9
  13. Mister D

Mister D Bloosh Compatible TFW2005 Supporter

Episode Five

Sky Lynx... looks awfully space shuttle-y for a cybertronian form. ;)  I swear I'll never get the whole thing where a small and random selection of Transformers have beast forms.

Ah. The Dead Universe. So a is this how we get Dead Prime and the rumored sparkless figures for Netflix Wave 3?

The Allspark was "lost." That's one way to put it Prime.

I'll give them points for the Galvatron creation homage.

Is it just me or is Galvatron's cannon appearing and disappearing randomly?

So that flashback with Alpha Trion - Megs and Prime have thge same exact battle damage then as now? They never got anything fixed? Never got any new damage?

I am having some trouble taking a giant talking bird seriously as Prime's guru.

And with that noble act Sky Lynx goes back on the clearance rack.

And there's the door to Kingdom.

I don't think it was as bad as people are saying. Don't think it was terribly compelling, but I've seen worse.

• Like Like x 2
  14. MonsterMash

MonsterMash Well-Known Member

So Earthrise, but no earth modes...

Yeap. For a show about transforming robots, there's not a lot of robots transforming.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2020
  15. MightyMegs

MightyMegs Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    Flickr:
    When will Shockwave realize one of his hands is a gun?

• Like Like x 7
  16. Dinocon93

Dinocon93 Dinobot Warrior

Sky lynx was pointless and how they butchered his character was the only problem I had with this season. Didn’t even use his split form gimmick. You would think they would do more with him seeing how he’s one of the top selling figures in the Earthrise line. They could’ve givin his role to some minor character like Sentinel Prime and nothing would have changed.

As much as I was excited for a certain someone showing up at the end Im start to have doubts if they will actually do this character justice or just put him off to the side for more pointless SEIGE plot that has overstayed its welcome.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    It’s a bummer they don’t have the Japanese audio up yet, theirs was much better

18. RodimusZero

RodimusZero Steezin fo no Reason

News Credits:
    Well, if anyone read or remembered my review of SIEGE, you’ll know I’m no fan of self-proclaimed genius FJ DeSanto and his selfish attempt to drive Transformers into the ground, and this was just more of the same rubbish.

Fandub-level cringeworthy voice acting, unnatural labored dialogue with eye-roll-worthy dumb jokes (Red Alert: “I’m always alert!” :lolol ), and now adding straight dark/fu**ed-up shit to a show kids might watch? Talking to Magnus’s broken skull? A Quintesson cutting its faces off? F**k that. I remember when Hasbro used to be responsible parents and stewards of this brand...

Also, predictably, we get some cringeworthy character bastardizations like dumb-as-dirt cave ogre Scorponok.

I literally fell asleep through Ep 5, a sad first for me with Transformers media of any kind, so yeah... really not sure why I bothered.

I just hope that if Hasbro made whatever monetary or viewership targets they were looking for that they can PLEASE fire this show’s team and make a decent show again post-Kingdom. Of course, who knows how much of this show is being controlled by Hasbro, their “creatives” over there could be part or all of the problem as well...

1/10

• Like Like x 6
  19. Terradives

Terradives Well-Known Member

I’m not sure by what you mean by 2000’s shows but if you’re referring to transformers media..... it was god awful garbage. Anyway all the new character models they introduced, galvatron sky lynx, dealer, and quint died? Not saying it needs to intro new characters, but why build the models to kill them off? Prime really sucked. He should have killed megatron every chance he got. I don’t understand the show writers, are they unfirable? Why have they not been fired yet. Put together a decent plot add some characterization along the way and you won’t have to slow things down with the animation and voice acting.

• Like Like x 2
  20. adcatalano

adcatalano Active Member

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 11