Netflix War For Cybertron Earthrise Official Teaser

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Black Convoy, Sep 26, 2020.

1. Hotshotprime43

Hotshotprime43 Well-Known Member

Looks like the same as Siege as in which it will be exciting but with meh voice acting and characters so won't be a huge investment but still fun to watch.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Scowly Prowl

Scowly Prowl Still calculating variables...

You know, for a franchise that's nearing forty years, I'm happy enough that new material is coming out. Is it somewhat derivative? Sure, but isn't everything, in some way, based on something else (runs before someone points out the existential logical holes in that argument)?

With so many fans, and so many subgenres, over the same period of time, they have a difficult time in pleasing everyone. I'm just going to enjoy the show.

• Like Like x 11
  3. Retroheavy

Retroheavy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I kind of expected the designs for the Earthrise series to use the same cg models as siege since it probably would have been too expensive to redesign everyone to to look like their ER toy counterpart. But It doesn’t even look like we are getting many of the ER characters either like grapple, hoist, Cliffjumper making an appearance in the series.... so I’m confused about if we’ll ever see any characters like Cyclonus in the kingdom show and if not why wasn’t he just put in with the SS86 line? We have these G1 ER/Kingdom figures that now feel wildly out of place with the coming of the SS86 line.. I don’t know if any of that makes sense but seems like people will have to buy ER/kingdom figures to fill gaps in the SS86 line which isn’t a big deal but definitely is throwing my collecting OCD into disarray.

• Like Like x 1
  4. NecroTron77

NecroTron77 Well-Known Member

I mean, I'll watch the damn thing, I watched the first "season" which to be honest I was glad by the end it was only 6 episodes. I have no doubt this will be more of the same, and by Kingdom the series might be an "Alan Smithee" production. It's cool though, the toys are damn good!

5. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

Does this series have its issues?
    Sure it does, but so does every series and movie.
    Each series and movie has its fans, critics and straight up haters.
    I'll be the first to admit that I completely detest Headmasters and the 86 movie.
    Unlike with those two, I actually enjoy Siege.

As for where they landed, it could be early Earth. Keep in mind, the Arc crashed and knocked them into stasis for millions of years.
    The Maximals and Predacons were fighting over the Golden Disc, which held the location of their G1 ancestors.
    In other words, the G1 Crew crashed on a young Earth way before the BW factions arrived.
    It looks like they crashed into a desert, or the foot of a volcano. Both of which can also be found on Earth.

:peoples: :popcorn 

• Like Like x 7
  6. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    Yeah me too! I was expecting maybe not an apology, but something! In fact in not so many words the Cullen and Welker TF Prime reunion panel kind of undermined the Netflix ER panel because you were reminded how professionals these two are and how much work goes into their VA work.

Imagine how awesome the Netflix show would be if maybe they sacrificed I dont know a season’s worth of episodes (6), but got Cullen and Welker to reprise their multiple roles; Soundwave, (Prime style) Megatron, Mirage, Ironhide Optimus! It would have been epic!

• Like Like x 2
  7. Chromecannon

Chromecannon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It looks fine.

I think the hate for this show is really overblown. Sure, it's got tons of problems -- the voice acting being a big factor, alluding to interesting stories but merely as justification for the typical Autobot-Decepticon war, establishing then dropped or poorly handled themes and subplots -- but it's still got its merits. The animation is good, the cinematography is great, the designs -- most of which are taken directly from the WFC line, to be fair -- are really nice to look at, and it had moments that were genuinely good, while also having some fun ideas here and there.

I'm glad we're still going to have some stuff on Cybertron and that it's not just going to jump to the Decepticons arriving on Earth. Hopefully we see more of the consequences of what happened. Also, I love Chromia and this version of her was badass in an understated way and infinitely more tolerable than Elita-1, so I hope she survives this.

I'm just hoping the focus on the Mercenaries might mean the toy tie-ins have more of them. The lazy Exhaust model is pretty lame, but I hope we do get Mercenary Coneheads or something (even if my Seeker collection from WFC is getting way too big), because my current Mercenaries are limited to Doubledealer (don't really need him to have a Mercenary logo, so if they re-release him (which I doubt they will because, at least here in Australia, he's low-key a shelfwarmer), I probably won't grab it), Exhaust and Nightbird -- and she's only there because a playing card of all things says she's one -- with Bug Bite on pre-order. Surprised Nightbird isn't in this, but after Moonracer was "barely altered Chromia" and the whole ExJack thing, I guess I'm not too surprised they're not going to make a model for her.

• Like Like x 1
  8. IronPrime2169

IronPrime2169 Supreme Leader of the Bluepremacy

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    To be honest, I don’t think anyone was calling Animated or Prime crap

9. IronPrime2169

IronPrime2169 Supreme Leader of the Bluepremacy

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I’ll be honest, I’m pretty split on this. I mean, Siege wasn’t horrible. It wasn’t prime or animated, but it was decent. I feel like Siege would’ve been good if they had more than 6 episodes. Which brings me to my question: How many episodes will this have? I’m already expecting a Jan or Feb release date. To be honest, this series only suffers on the execution level. Siege was the safest opening they could have played. Autobots v Decepticons but on Cybertron. I did enjoy it a bit, though. Then again, I was introduced to this franchise through the movies Lol. However, I feel like Earthrise and Kingdom have the most potential. I’ll be honest, Earthrise has slightly more potential than kingdom, because I think that Kingdom will just be autobots vs decepticons but with animal transformers. Earthrise is interesting imo, mercenaries, autobots being chased through space, and this new optimus, this sounds so good. Hot take: I’m interested by this new take on Optimus. I still dislike how everyone talks to him, but I love how it’s clear he is new at this stuff. He’s still more Pax than Prime imo. And if we’re honest, everyone loves Optimus, but he never really gets that much character development outside of Animated, and that one Orion Pax arc in Prime. He’s always been the righteous stoic dude, and while he’s my favorite character, the chance to see an Optimus who is more Orion, trying to figure things out in the midst of war makes me excited. If they play their cards right, with the exception of Peter Cullen not voicing him, this could be one of the best Optimus Primes, regardless of how the trilogy pans out. However, I’m scared for the execution, once again. I just wish this was a longer series. Honestly though, I’ll still watch it. I’m cautiously optimistic. But hey, if you like this, then I’m happy for you. If not, good for you too. Just don’t attack other people over this series, please? If someone doesn’t like this, it’s not an attack on someone who does like it, and vice versa.

• Like Like x 2
  10. BattleUpSaber

BattleUpSaber Result.

News Credits:
    I recall hearing that Netflix might be introducing a new feature soon that can change the speed of which their movies/shows are played. (Similar to youtube)

If that's true i hope that Netflix does it before this show comes out. Because this is practically begging to be watched at 1.25x speed.

• Like Like x 5
  11. Runamuck86

Runamuck86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not as earthy as i was expecting.
    I thought this chapter would have them as actual robots in disguise battling on present day earth. 
    Not a human or town in sight though. 

12. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You'd think wrong. I didn't even have an account here yet and I still remember distinctly vicious anger directed at both of those shows. There is one particular member in this board that 10 years later still goes off his rocket when Prime is concerned and legitmetely got upset at Prime getting those reissues announced today when they were leaked.

• Like Like x 11
  13. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I’ll watch it like I watch all TF shows.

• Like Like x 2
  14. jungle penguins

jungle penguins Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They're going to somehow make 6 episodes feel slow, in the boring slow way. Given the limited mini-series nature of this, War for Cybertron has to be higher budget than normal? Like, where's all the cash going? Or were they really that screwed when the funding came around. I wish I was excited, but I just can't be. Not going to Earth seems like a blessing with this in mind.

15. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    The dialogue is once again fucking terrible just from that short teaser, but honestly I think the voice director is the problem with this awful line delivery, not the voice actors... If... It... Was... One... Or... Two... Voice... Actors... That... Spoke... Painfully... Slow... That’d... Be... One... Thing... but it’s the entire freaking cast. There’s no way that’s a coincidence.

• Like Like x 13
  16. mn_128875

mn_128875 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I really hope that they fix the problems from siege like making it a bit more lighthearted, the voice acting ( that doesn’t seem to be the case), and the hand to hand combat scenes. I liked siege I even thought of it as my favorite transformers show but after a rewatch it’s around 4 or 5th place. I really hope that it’s better than siege because imo it looks awesome! Also they better not kill off my boy doubledealer or delay this show

17. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    If....they...don't...talk...slowly...how...will...we...know...this...is....serious...and...important...robot...fiction? Plus, you know, if they spoke in a normal cadence, then the episodes would only be 12 minutes long! :lol 

• Like Like x 6
  18. SuperTitanHans

SuperTitanHans Upgraded

News Credits:
    That one awful line of dialogue about the Mercenaries faction aside, I’m actually pretty psyched about this. I think the setup is pretty interesting and I like that they are not going straight to Earth for another G1 redux.

My biggest concern is going to be pacing because there seem to be a lot of threads to pull together in only six episodes:

• whatever happens to the ark
    • Nemesis prime?
    • Mercenaries faction
    • Quintessons
    • Resistance on Cybertron
    • The whole “Cybertron dying” thing
    • Setting up kingdom

• Like Like x 3
  19. grindcore138

grindcore138 TIME TO DELIVER A PIZZA BALL!

News Credits:
    Ooof, what's going on with Doubledealer? His model looks downright unfinished, did they just not have the toy's CAD file ready when they started working on this?
    I said this about alternate heads after watching Siege, but what's with Exhaust still having Wheeljack's head? Like how using Crosshairs' head for the generics surely wouldn't have put any strain on the animation budget, what with no mouth or eyes to animate, surely Exhaust's head also wouldn't have needed any additional tweaking for the animation model?

• Like Like x 3
  20. shin03

shin03 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That’s what I thought too. He looks like Nelson from the simpsons if he was a robot