Netflix Kingdom Reviews - Share and Discuss

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Tony_Bacala, Jul 22, 2021.

1. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    ...writers are capable of writing things other than their own preferences you know.

• Like Like x 8
  2. rdarkstream

rdarkstream Minicon lover

Ebay:
    I found it boring and all over the place.

3. Makarov

Makarov Well-Known Member

I'm interested in how everyone feels about the bots on cybertron staying dead. For me it makes their side story in Earthrise more meaningful and reminds me of 1986 where a bunch got killed off so I kind liked it.

4. Bee427

Bee427 Still here and queer

I didn't like it at all, not only because they killed off some of my favorite characters in the show, but also because it didn't mean anything. Elita's death doesn't affect Optimus at all other than making him sad for a few minutes. It doesn't change his ideology or push him to do something drastic as a result. The only part of the show it changes is the Allspark ex machina thing at the end, which they could have done anyway without fridging the main characters. To me, it seems like the writers forgot about or just didn't know what to do with the Cybertron bots after Earthrise, so they just got rid of them as quickly as possible no matter how little sense it made. I can see how it could have been done better, ie. having some actual impact on Optimus and making all his self-doubts a reality, but the way it was done really brings down the show for me. It makes it feel like nothing they did in Earthrise mattered because they all end up dead anyway.

On a side note, did anyone else get frustrated that Shockwave wasn't part of the lineup of Allspark ghosts at the end? It would have fit with the theme of both factions coming together to defeat Galvatron and Nemesis Prime, but he just disappears after Earthrise without any payoff.

• Like Like x 2
  5. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Can't bring myself to watch this, I just know it will be as boring and suck like the first part did.

• Like Like x 1
  6. WolverineDragon

WolverineDragon Banned

I found Elita’s death quite sad. She was one of the best bots in the show. It sucks she had to die along with the majority of cybertron’s world.

7. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    The mistake was leaving them there.

It goes with my previous point. Take another run at the script and shrink the cast so when Prime takes the Ark off-world everyone who matters from Siege comes with him and is the crew during ER.

You can still have Megatron using his own troops to fuel the Nemesis without the Autobots that were left behind.

8. Autobot N

Autobot N Wants a Legacy Sunstorm

I'm not gonna comment on the political stuff here and instead wonder how they got "hauntingly beautiful romance" from literally only 3 minor scenes shared. It's one thing if the relationship is already established, but you can't have one develop from just 2 or 3 conversations. This isn't Fire Emblem

Especially since they already implied that Airazor had something going on with Tigatron

Last edited: Aug 1, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  9. Rakzo

Rakzo Peruvian Transformers Fan

News Credits:
    I don't even understand what's the point of this argument.

Blackarachnia has a type, we all do, that's all.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Electro Rush

Electro Rush Just a guy waiting for the perfect Whirl

News Credits:
    Watched this a while ago.... I have mixed feelings. I didnt really like Siege and Earthrise but didnt outright hate them either. They were overall meh. This one was.... still kinda meh but I'd place it overall higher than the first two. If the first two were 5/10 then this was 6/10. Or 5.5/10.

Why does Optimus still talk like William Shatner?

Did not appreciate how they treated BW Megatron. He was just G1 Megatron's bitch. I mean, he was always characterized to be in adoration of his namesake but here he was just a pathetic fangirl basically. The voice actor sucked too. At least the rest of the BW cast were handled fairly well in comparison.

I absolutely hated how they handled the Earthrise cliffhanger,
    especially just killing off Elita 1. She was seriously my favorite character of the first two parts and they totally screwed the pooch here. Total bullshit.

As far as how the story played out, this is the one area where I think they mostly pulled it off and kept me engaged, especially for the latter half. But the ending felt anticlimatic.

11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    He really wasn't, though. BW Megatron didn't seem to be all that enamoured with G1 Megatron, certainly respecting him and his cause but never outright fawning over him. He definitely hated Optimus Prime more than he adored Megatron.

• Like Like x 3
  12. metrotitan2346

metrotitan2346 Banned

Instagram:
    We got the funny yellow magnus out of it so im cool with it, the only one that was dead i found worth caring about is Jetfire

13. Electro Rush

Electro Rush Just a guy waiting for the perfect Whirl

News Credits:
    I guess I remembered that wrong but he took that name for a reason (well, besides the original writers just wanting the link to G1). In any case, this new characterization didnt work for nme.

14. Oniconvoy

Oniconvoy The other black repaint

News Credits:

• Like Like x 7
  15. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 GATTAI Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  16. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    Not really, because I think that leaves open the likelihood that Shockwave isn't dead. I mean if anyone survived, it would be him.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 GATTAI Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Relationships are not inherently political. Sexual preferences are not inherently political. When the inclusion of LGBTQ+ characters is branded as an "agenda" then political division is insinuated and the discussion crosses board rules.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 19
  18. Ravage Stanixa

Ravage Stanixa My Spark belongs to the TRUE Perfect Decepticon.

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Tumblr:
    Which one of the relationships Blackarachnia was formerly in are you talking about?

The one where she actually hated the guy in a hot sexy way but was definitely not in love with him, the one where he flirted with her incessantly and she just kinda went along with it, or the one where she was more impressed with his frame refit than she was with him?

The thing about Airazor and Blackarachnia is that while they didn't have enough time onscreen to have a "real relationship", they also weren't on screen long enough for us to be able to see what about the pairing was actually really terrible, either.

*shrug*

• Like Like x 2
  19. Bee427

Bee427 Still here and queer

Probably, but if there's a sequel to WFC, I'm betting that the writers forget about him. :( 

20. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Considering how out of character Beast Megs, just consider this bad comedy.

• Like Like x 6