Netflix Kingdom Reviews - Share and Discuss

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Tony_Bacala, Jul 22, 2021.

1. spiritprime

spiritprime Dudes, I'm a girl!

News Credits:
    Just need to say this flat out. Prime's constant pausing in sentences still drives me nuts.

• Like Like x 6
  2. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Halfway through it. So far it’s decent. Easily the best season of this trilogy.

BW Megatron sucks, of course.
    I like that AirRazor gets something to do. And I like her voice more than her original. She was always the odd bot out in BW, so this is nice.

More thoughts, but I’ll save them for after I finish the show. But yeah- so far it’s been decent.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ravage Stanixa

Ravage Stanixa My Spark belongs to the TRUE Perfect Decepticon.

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    There are plenty of non-reproductive reasons why people might be attracted to one another, form attachments, and want to perform activities that provide them with shared physical pleasure. I'm guessing you didn't watch TFP or read the IDW comics, because there's nothing new about this.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Gee Won 1984

Gee Won 1984 My hyper-fuel may be a little too hyper

Tony.Bacala: "So we had time travel, multiverse travel, alternate realities and futures. Yet both the starting points for the G1 guys and Beast guys were alternate from original series. I really think that if this angle was going to be explored – a better way would have been to start with G1 proper and therefore Beast Wars proper, go from there into some sort of multiverse time travel reality hopping adventure and end with a new merged future. Would have truly connected the lore from past to present and given a way to explore any new themes later in an interconnected way. It was a way to do what Marvel and DC have/are/will be doing to get alternate takes of their characters into place."

I really liked this quote from the original post review. I didn't have an option to quick reply this so I just cut and pasted it.

Very well said and should be common sense. I don't know why something this simple is so hard for some people to fathom.

5. WolverineDragon

WolverineDragon Banned

I tend to separate the toy line from the show overall even though the show is meant to be a tie to the toy line. Some people are asking where are Rodimus and the fossilizers? Well it’s prob because the writers couldn’t see a need to put them in there. Also none of the characters in Earthrise had earth vehicle modes like in the toy line.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2021
  6. pcsguy88

pcsguy88 I'm a Toys R Us kid TFW2005 Supporter

Strictly an 84-86 G1 cartoon guy who loves robots. They are sentient beings and I get having feelings of love, but they are metal robots, so physical pleasure is absurd.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They weren't in the show at all.
    We did get a blink-and-you'll-miss-it tease for a barely made out Menasor since we're getting him in the line next year.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Jhund

Jhund Screws>Pins

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I don’t see how physical pleasure is absurd don’t they feel physical pain? Should be correlated otherwise…. Well that’s just bad programming on their end . But alien sentient robots with alien metal , who’s to say what’s what besides the writers eh .

Last edited: Jul 30, 2021
  9. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Well, it was the best of the three IMHO. That's not saying anything positive really. :rolleyes2 

Ugh, I don't think I could give a standard review. It's a thing that happened is just too generic. I guess some Plus and Minus' will work instead.

+
    • Blackarachnia's VA I think did a solid job. I actually thought for a moment that she may be a bigger VA. She should be.
    • Galvatron and his partner actually did have a plan.
    • I was able to watch this at 100% speed, not at 150% like I did the last series.
    • Starscream after his disk encounter was actually interesting and decent.

-
    • Every other BW VA was varying degrees of bad. Sometimes they were like reading lines off the page while putting on their jacket to leave, others were just inconsistent, and some were just wrong for the character.
    • Still had a hard time telling who was a character and who was an asset re-use. Is it Thundercracker? A generic seeker? Who knows!
    • Buy the Titan Ark Toy! On sale now! If you're going to do that, at least do something with it!
    • Damage only matters when it needs to. Le Sigh. Everyone has a Cog Gun when they need it!
    • Nemesis' introduction was beyond stupid. Only Optimus can carve a ditch?
    • So the Allspark's plan was to just punk Megatron and give it to Optimus all along? Quality writing!
    • Elita-1, fridged so Optimus will realize he's bad.
    • Pretty much everything else too.

The first season was annoying. The second was inane. This season was watchable, I'll give it that.

10. pcsguy88

Not sure what I am defending and you might want to ask sexual preference before you start assuming. None of this has anything to do with the cartoon we are talking about so should probably drop it. I’m allowed to not want humanized sexual hints in my giant robot cartoons.

• Like Like x 2
  11. WolverineDragon

WolverineDragon Banned

Giant robots who have human like pleasures isn’t a terrible thing to have. To this day one of the charming things about the sunbow cartoon were the bots partaking in earth culture and doing things like playing basketball and watching soap operas at the ark.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Rotek666

Rotek666 Well-Known Member

Totally forgettable. Once i collect all the cast members ill just create my own story and post it on ig one of these days. In the meantime ill just rewatch the real beastwars show.

13. Jakedc1997

Jakedc1997 Well-Known Member

The other big difference is only half the season has been released. The backhalf of a story can save a story that started off not so great. 2/3 in in the WFC trilogy and it sucked ass, and in the last 3rd it still suck. When the voice actors sound like children trying to imitate the voices on another TF show while they smash their toys together you know something is deeply wrong.

14. pcsguy88

I’m fine with emotional feelings, going on dates, giving gifts and anything else a sentient being does, just have no need or desire to sexualize my robot toys. Blackarachnia‘s character model combined with her cat calling Arcee and later spitting out a BDSM reference just seems out of place. It doesn’t offend me and the lines are very soft, but they really stick out in a show about living metal war machines. Simply my personal preference and I’m a bit surprised so many fans in here seem to want that in their TF shows.

15. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    4 episodes in, in agreement that Hound/Ironhide and Dinobot/Tigatron should have had their voices swapped. Otherwise, I'm enjoying it, definitely the best of the trilogy

Honestly, it's pretty true to her original character

• Like Like x 2
  16. WolverineDragon

WolverineDragon Banned

Doesn’t bug me at all, sometimes I want my robots to act less robotic.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Pushan Halder

Pushan Halder Well-Known Member

YouTube:
    Just finished Kingdom. IMO I Loved it! First to get the negatives out of the way, yes the VA could have been better at places (including obviously Optimus and Optimus) but it didn\'t bug me to a big extent because what I saw was epic and made up for it! Yes, BW Megatron isn\'t what we wanted him to be but atleast he isn\'t Bumblebee movie Blitzwing! I feel the trailer made the voice acting look worse where it\'s better than the previous two. Only thing is that not hiring union actors to save money hurts me. Also off screen transformations were annoying. But on to the positives.. This has to be one of the best story arcs in TF history (the whole trilogy)... Loved Unicron\'s role (I has the slightest hope we\'d see him in robot mode, but it\'s OK I guess). I really like the way they handled Dinobot (although he\'s missing the grrr.. Voice)...also the tidbits of references like Dinobot calling Rattrap \'vermin\', Starscream\'s crown and cape were nice additions. As usual, Alexander Bornstein\'s work on the soundtrack is awesome (he deserves more love). The fight scenes, animation, loved it, also Megatron (G1) continues to be a very good villain...So overall, this trilogy was highly enjoyable and fantastic IMO!

• Like Like x 2
  18. Hoffman

Hoffman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think it was supposed to be the generic cog and reflector bots, to recognize the impact thr war had on the 'everyman'.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Hoffman

Hoffman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I was going to say...nevermind specific characters, the entire Earthrise line wasn't reflected in the shows.

But I never thought the toyline would be 1:1 with the show. The show just uses the toyline as a reference point with a rough alignment. The toyline isn't meant to be a toyline for the show.

• Like Like x 1
  20. CautionLowSign

CautionLowSign Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Where was the Fun? This is my biggest gripe with the entire series (aside from voice acting). There is no fun. I get they are going for dark, epic and serious, but there are no breaks from it and all the characters constantly argue and yell at each other. Even Batman makes the odd joke.

I feel like the writers/casting directors didn't bother to watch beast wars at all. Some of those choices were just so strange.
    BW Megatron was just wrong.

• Like Like x 5