Netflix Kingdom Reviews - Share and Discuss

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Tony_Bacala, Jul 22, 2021.

1. 96megatron

96megatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't know maybe robots that turn into animals have a sexuality as an effect from their organic animals alt forms. I mean there was an episode of Beast Wars where Rhinox was dealing with...farting...

2. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Did they list the actor who played Dinobot?

3. SonicConvoy05

SonicConvoy05 Well-Known Member

Just finished and wow, aside from the voice acting it actually wasn't terrible! actual pacing, decent action, the transformers transformed alot, and it took the train wreck of ideas and plot points from the prior two shows and gave them a much cleaner and thought out conclusion.

Of course, I would've loved for them to give more than the bare minimum of effort for the other 2/3rds of the trilogy, but at the end of the day seeing Ultra Magnus T-Posing as he ascends has to be one of if not the best moments from a TF show in the past 5-6 years.

4. Verno

Verno Beast Wars Collector

News Credits:
  5. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Castlevania is the only other one I've seen, but damn if that isn't how you do a nostalgia show. Yes, it was grim and dark, but the characters gave us reasons to like them, and we got to see moments of joy to give release from the weight of the horrors occurring.

Motivations were actually given. Relationships made sense. Things happened in the story for real reasons. It was so much more than just intellectual property we remember from the 80's walking around the screen to find the macguffin.

Can a production team like that please have a shot at Transformers?

• Like Like x 4
  6. DoctorAlgy

DoctorAlgy all your Primes are belong to us

Exactly. They could of easily wrote BW Megs into a powerful asshole as he was, while both Beast and G1 Megs join a temporary truce to obtain the mcguffins, begrudgingly to each their own advantages.

I'm gonna have to rewatch BW just to get that bad taste out of my mouth. For those interested in getting to know the REAL polar opposite BW Megs, you can watch the whole show free on tubi

• Like Like x 1
  7. WolverineDragon

WolverineDragon Brother Lombax

The same Megatron who killed his own men with the nemesis and even risked wiping out the Decepticons who were still in stasis at the ark.

8. TheAirWolf

TheAirWolf Well-Known Member

I enjoyed it. Especially liked seeing the Ark in action (and I've got one on pre-order). I was really hoping BW Megatron was playing everybody and would suddenly turn super evil and try to kill everybody. But alas, he turned out to be a boot licker like Starscream. I thought Nemesis Prime looked really good in CG. I'm hoping the next series we'll get to see a Unicron battle.

I really hate how these things are just 6 episodes. How I long for the days of at least 13 episodes with one appearing each week but streaming has killed that as we all stuff our face as soon as we can. I'm addicted now and I have to stream it all at once or I won't go to bed. No sleep for me. ;) 

• Like Like x 1
  9. SonicConvoy05

SonicConvoy05 Well-Known Member

This, Dinobot was absolutely killing it! He felt like a believable character, and had an awesome fight. I didn't watch BW so I'm not sure how he should sound, but you can tell the actor/direction gave a damn, which is so refreshing. Airazor and Blackarachnia weren't bad either.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

So I just finished. I went in with very low expectations and looking for something to enjoy. Honestly, I think I came out with just that.

]Dinobot was done decently. Not as good as the original, but it was a bit of a different take, and they gave him some development. Primal and Megatron gave me whiplash at first with how different they were. I had to force myself that these are "varients", completely different universe characters with basically no affiliation with the original. This helped a lot getting over Primal, and I learned to accept him and enjoy him. Megatron... I got used to the voice, but he wasn't terribly interesting a character. If he at least did something of note, I think I could have accepted the voice.

Rattrap, Rhinox and Cheetor were all decent. Airazor was decently fun. I really enjoyed the nod the the 90s cartoon when Airazor caught blackarachnia. Plot-wise, it was pretty all over the place, but not too bad. There was definitely some fun to be had.

All in all, it was fun to see these characters, in some form, on screen again. It doesn't match the original, but that's okay. I still have the original. It was fine. I'm happy it happened, I have some pretty dope toys on my desk because of it, but I probably won't watch the series again.

• Like Like x 1
  11. smkheidze

smkheidze sideswipe and sideswipe and even more sideswipe.

I thought it was barely passable. Characters are lame save for a couple... story has a lot of potential but it felt so rushed. The voices were a mix of vomit inducing and kinda okay.

They could have done so much better...I honestly think that most people on here could have made a better show...

I give kingdom a 6/10... and the whole series a 5/10.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Autobot N

Autobot N Seibertronian

First time.jpg
    G1 fans when BW fans complain about massive changes in characterization in new media

• Like Like x 9
  13. Dmharper80

Dmharper80 Squeegee

I enjoyed it. Yes, the voices are jarring, but I don't think it's because the voice actors did a bad job. I think it's because I'm such a huge beast wars fan that it didn't sound right. It's like he hearing your own actual voice.

For sure watch it in 1.25 speed. They talk too slow.

But the story, I enjoyed it. I enjoyed the fight scenes and little tid bits thrown in for fans, like blackaracina saying my hero to airrazor. That was funny.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Op Minor

Op Minor Well-Known Member

Just adding my thoughts before I go back to page one of this thread to read everyone else’s. The original Beast Wars will always be king in my heart, followed closely by G1 (original cartoon and Marvel comics). Kingdom did a really good job of weaving together the overall WFC story to bring together both sets of BW and G1 characters face to face. It’s not perfect at all, but I enjoyed it the first run through and will be rushing back tomorrow to watch it again. In comparison, for Siege and Earthrise, it took a second viewing of each for me to appreciate and then enjoy it. So hats off to the showrunners on putting together a pretty epic conclusion, and to the artists and animators on some truly amazing shots and scenes throughout this final chapter.

The voice acting was good (light years ahead of Siege), although like many others I cringed at BW Megatron’s voice and characterization. The voices and characterizations for Primal and crew were pretty good; Dinobot took some getting used to, but won me over by the end; gold star for Blackarachnia — the voice actor was no Venus Terzo, but she held her own and really captured the character. The top prize in my book though goes to Airazor; though I liked her in the original BW, I always thought her character got a bit of a raw deal storyline wise. Kingdom more than made up for that in both her voice and characterization. Something about her connected a whole lot more this time around. Not to mention, I really loved
    her Ironheart/Ironman like method of flight when she’s in robot mode

But all in all, a pretty fun ride with some good easter eggs and homages that really reward you for being a fan of both BW and G1. Looking forward to whatever comes next after this!
    :bay 

• Like Like x 2
  15. Hoffman

Hoffman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    lol wut?

I have no idea what Dinobot's intended gender identity is, but how is stating one identity politics?

Identity politics requires some sort of political implication.

• Like Like x 1
  16. WolverineDragon

WolverineDragon Brother Lombax

Not in the context you’re describing.

Dinobot mentioned binary when he was talking about breaking his alligence to the various cybertronian factions. It was nothing about identity politics.

• Like Like x 4
  17. wreckgar39

wreckgar39 I'm just a simple man, trying to make my way.

News Credits:
    Screenshot_2021-07-29-22-44-012-1.png
    image0-373.jpg
    Those models don't line up....tease for next year, or just making up models like they did Galvatron and Bee?

• Like Like x 6
  18. Fallout

Fallout Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    credit where credit is due, i liked dinobot's motivations once they were actually laid out. cramming his arc into about 30 total minutes of screentime with an ill-fitting voice is the usual for this show, but for the show he was stuck in he at least had a good reason for doing the things he did.

it helps dinobot's being kind of... butchered? tvtropes'd? over in the BW comic, so kingdom looks even better by comparison.

19. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Does that mean the Netflix series may continue when the next line appears?

20. Lincoln Tunnel

Lincoln Tunnel Well-Known Member

I think we were supposed to see his fall from grace, going from an Idealist, To an Extremist, and then to a Tyrant. The skeleton of a character arc is there, but they really fumble it by having him go from a guy doing the wrong things for (what he believes are) the right reasons, to Shockwave telling him he really should just kill everyone, to him just killing everyone over the course of like 2 episodes of Siege.

• Like Like x 2