Netflix Kingdom Reviews - Share and Discuss

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Tony_Bacala, Jul 22, 2021.

1. Verno

Verno Beast Wars Collector

News Credits:
    Beast Wars:
    "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly, the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence."

Kingdom:
    "Maybe."
    Hahaha!

• Like Like x 8
  2. Zook

Zook Evil Incarnate

Yeah...

3. DoctorAlgy

DoctorAlgy all your Primes are belong to us

I really hope Roosterteeth gets a good bashing to the head with a wifflebat from all the feedback. I facepalmed HARD everytime BW Megatron spoke. "Yes Lord Megatron yes, let me help you Lord Megatron, my dear beloved senpai notice me!" He was a total B E T A minion cuck, it was offensive.

I did really enjoy Dinobot though, I actually connected with the guy throughout his time on screen.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2021
    • Like Like x 9
  4. WolverineDragon

WolverineDragon Banned

He was certainly the best developed character on the show.

• Like Like x 1
  5. DarkAxalonSyde

DarkAxalonSyde Excessively Angry Decepticon

Despite skipping Earthrise, I'm watching this to see if I could salvage the show with a redub and some script tweaks (because somehow, the show's voice cast is so bad, I could do a better job than all of them, on my own, with no experience in voice acting).

I will admit, I like the set up of Galvatron messing with history to try and escape Unicron's control.

The Maximals and Predacons are from a dystopian version of the future; Is this how GeeWunners view things?

I think Primal is meant to sound like a caveman, because gorilla. Doesn't really work for a leader.

Everything about Predacon Megatron is awful.

Blackarachnia sounds surprisingly decent, most of the time. The one time she had to change her tone, she sounded awful.

I actually think the idea of the Matrix giving Megatron nightmares about all the death he's caused is kinda interesting.

Every time someone tries to fly away from the area where the Allspark supposedly is, they fart themselves out of the sky. Of all the things they could've taken from Beast Wars, they took fart jokes... Or maybe the sound design is just really, really bad.

Why is Blackarachnia getting visions of being stalked by Silverbolt? Is that just what this version of the characters is like: A stalker?

In episode three, I was thinking really hard about how to rework Dinobot's redemption, only for him to be dead by the episode's end. I could only laugh.

So far, not as bad as it could be, but not very good.

6. soull

soull Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I, for one, am over the moon with this. Blackarachnia was, is and will always be my favorite character of any franchise ever. She was a kick ass female character when I was kid and surrounded by my brothers man heavy cartoons or sisters domestic focused dolls. She's directly responsible for my love of spiders and career path. And now, to connect with her on this level makes it all the better. I can't imagine the confidence I would have had growing up if there had been a strong queer female for me to relate to. Just wow. Regardless of how I feel about the rest of Kingdom this will cement it as one of my favorites.

• Like Like x 4
  7. BlackHawkOmega

BlackHawkOmega Just trying my best.

News Credits:
    The comic has been way better than Kingdom (at least writing wise)
    Hey, saying something is "Cute" doesn't make it sexual. As an asexual person, I can tell you that. And nice try with the "i have gay friends" defense.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Autobot N

Autobot N Wants a Legacy Sunstorm

?

• Like Like x 3
  9. Verno

News Credits:
    Poor Scorponok. Reduced to the rank of drone.

Poor Megatron. Reduced to the rank of Scorponok.

• Like Like x 15
  10. Cliffjumper

Cliffjumper Least insane TF fan

News Credits:
    Honestly kinda liked bw megs here, it's a brand new take and people keep forgetting that this show, (while having g1 inspired character designs) is trying to be "Not your dad's Transformers"

• Like Like x 1
  11. Neko-bot77

Neko-bot77 Face it, we're doomed.

News Credits:
    Well, the BW crowd has been clamoring for attention, so here you go! :p 

12. WolverineDragon

WolverineDragon Banned

Fair enough and I understand it’s trying to be something totally different. However, the fact that a fearsome character like Beast Megs is groveling like Scorponok from beast wars is embarrassing.
    Larry Ditillio
    Bob Forward

• Like Like x 1
  13. cybergaurdian

cybergaurdian Well-Known Member

Okay I watched it and I must admit I liked it. I won't spoil it here, but it ended the way it should.........until the next trilogy which I HOPE is a continuation. Wrapped the story line decently and did not kill off too many of the G1 or BW crew. Dinobot was well done, as was Airrazor. BW Megs was funny to me in a "not BW Megs" way. So Unicron.....interesting.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Maboroshi

Maboroshi Optimal

i cant believe how bad the performances are in Kingdom
    when it's this poor across the board I cant even blame the voice actors, they can't be getting good direction
    geeze

• Like Like x 1
  15. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Beast Wars:
    All Hail Megatron!
    DSCN6089.JPG

War for Cybetron: Kingdom
    All Hail Megatron!
    DSCN6090.JPG

• Like Like x 10
  16. kary

kary Karyuudo Fansubs

So after watching all 3 seasons I'm probably putting my thoughts in the mixed feeling about the overall show. In terms of animation, I felt that Polygon pictures did a good job with whatever budget they had to work with. That being said, I felt that the CGI used in Mainframe's Beast Wars was better than what we got here with the Maximals and Predacons. Sure it wasn't HD at the time, but I felt that those character models were built a bit better. In terms of story telling, I feel that FJ DeSanto wanted to tell more, but was limited on the episode count. 10-13 eps a season would have been a lot better to help flesh characters out more, and not make seasons like Earthrise feel so rushed. Overall, the story that was told was good, but it's definitely no where near on what it could have been.

At this point, I know I'm beating a dead horse... and no pun intended here, but the voice talent from Horseless Cowboy was the weakest part of the show. It's a real shame when you've got a pretty good formula in terms of writing, visuals and sound, only for it to be completely brought down by poor voice direction. If Hasbro is reading this, please don't be cheap. Spend the money on either unionized talent or make sure the non-unionized talent has the best voice director in history to ensure proper delivery of the lines.

It's sad to say, but most fans out there could probably do a fan overdub to make the characters sound more like the original G1 and Beast Wars, and it would make this show far more enjoyable. Anyway, that's just my thoughts.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Verno

News Credits:
    Well. That was fantastically terrible.

Highlight: Blackarachnia's voice actress. TFWiki tells me her name is Jeanne Carr. Kudos to her. She sounds like she actually watched Beast Wars and was doing a nice interpretation of the great Venus Terzo's Blackarachnia.

Lowlight: BW Megs. Just everything. The voice, the characterisation, even the design seemed to not work.

My attitude towards this show is the same as that towards Rise of the Beasts. It's wonderful to see Beast Wars characters again. What they do with them doesn't change he original Beast Wars, but I hope those in charge take influence from it when creating this new media.

• Like Like x 3
  18. omegafix

omegafix Mechanically Insane

News Credits:
    OH PLEASE......don't start with the Identity Politics

• Like Like x 4
  19. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    I had the complete opposite feeling about the first 2 seasons, I felt like they spread maaaaaybe 2 episodes worth of story paper thin across 6 episodes of sho2…..

• Like Like x 2
  20. Rakzo

Rakzo Peruvian Transformers Fan

News Credits:
    I suppose is redundant to go on about how bad Beast Wars Megatron was in this show but I think it's necessary to explain what made him different from G1 Megatron in the first place. The WFC showrunners somehow understood that G1 Megatron cared about this war and his people in his own way despite of his terrible acts, that was sorta the characterization he had in the G1 cartoon despite of the one-dimensional toy-selling direction. This is why I don't understand how they could get the other Megs so badly.

BW Megatron only cares about himself, that's the whole point of the character. He uses the war between Maximals and Predacons and even his own people as tools for his own benefit so turning him into a suck-up for G1 Megatron is a complete misunderstanding of how he was initially presented as. Hell, BW Megatron wouldn't probably give a sh*t about G1 Megatron unless it was convenient for him.

• Like Like x 6