Netflix Kingdom Reviews - Share and Discuss

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Tony_Bacala, Jul 22, 2021.

1. Tfcollector97

Tfcollector97 tfsomegaguy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Virgin kingdom megatron:
    • Terrible voice.
    • Simps for megatron.
    • Not very intelligent.
    • Not always a step ahead.
    • Treated like a grunt.
    • Not very funny.
    • Doesn't have a God complex.
    • Not very deceptive.
    • Barely any importance or relevance.
    Chad beast wars megatron:
    • Has an amazing voice.
    • He didn't simp for megatron.
    • Very intelligent.
    • Always a step ahead.
    • Isn't treated like a grunt and was an actual threat.
    • Very funny.
    • Has a God complex.
    • Was very deceptive.
    • Was important and relevant throughout the show.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2021
    • Like Like x 16
  2. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

If my boy survives the series, then I'll watch it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Megatron_X

Megatron_X Supreme Predacon Warlord

Like this? https://www.geekcastradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/Steve-Megatron.mp3

Agreed 1000%

• Like Like x 4
  4. MacFormer97

MacFormer97 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow, really enjoyed the back part of episode 4. Great imagery and music.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Autobot N

Autobot N Wants a Legacy Sunstorm

Sideswipe? Yeah he does

• Like Like x 2
  6. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    That Refraktor could be Scrapface, who was one of the cons to join with the Cybertronian based Autobots in Earthrise

• Like Like x 4
  7. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

Thank You.
    I've had enough emotional trauma in real life the past 5 months with a family member escaping a bad relationship, this Universe has been an escape of sorts.

• Like Like x 2
  8. RodimusZero

RodimusZero Steezin fo no Reason

News Credits:
    :( F**k, f**k, f**k... :banghead: 

I don’t even know why I bothered.
    This show is beyond shit, and by far the worst part is the voices... I can’t even bring myself to call them “actors”—that’s an insult to all the voices of Transformers past. These are literally just random schmoes reading off a page, damn Hasbro’s penny-pinching has gone way too far.

The plot is mediocre at best, you can tell these morons don’t really know or understand Transformers. Probably watched one season of G1, one season of Beast Wars, and then the Bay movies and then attempted to mash it all together.

I really hope someone in Pawtucket grows some balls and spends some real money next time they want to make a “show”. I’m honestly embarrassed as a Transformers fan that this even exists... :( 

• Like Like x 5
  9. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Optitron98

Optitron98 Guy who loves blue and sarcasm

Ebay:
    Wait,

did they ever explain how the Maximals and Predacons even exist without the allspark? Most I remember is them brushing it under the rug cuz it's "too dangerous for the autobos to know" (whatever that means)

• Like Like x 6
  11. WolverineDragon

WolverineDragon Banned

My spoilery review for Kingdom. Warning! Spoilers ahoy!

Ooh boy where do I start on this one? Let me say out of the gate, I never disliked or hated WFC. Infact, I enjoyed siege and liked ER a bit despite the terrible pacing issues. Some of the characters had good voice acting like Megs (Yes I like the slow mo voice he has) starscream, and Elita-1. When I heard Kingdom was gonna introduce the Beast Wars cast, I became very happy to see the maximals and predacons again in another cartoon after 20 years. However, I became less excited after hearing the new voices and soundclips regarding the characters like Megatron and Optimus Primal. Their new voices weren’t doing it for me. However, I wasn’t gonna let it stop me from enjoying Kingdom. But I knew in my heart going forward none of the original Beast Wars cast was there and while it bite, I was willing to give the new casts a shot.

So let’s start with the voice acting and characters. As previously said, I don’t like how Beast Megatron sounds. It sounds like a pale imitation of Don Brown’s Scorponok from Beast Wars, and it doesn’t make Megatron sound nothing like a threat or a charismatic leader. Throughout the show he acts like a sniveling fool around G1 Megatron. I understand this is a new take on the character, but his new take just isn’t doing it for me. He doesn’t have the cunning or wit of BW Megs. He just spends the entire chapter groveling to G1 Megatron. BW Megs is by far a casualty of the cheapness of Hasbro and Rooster Teeth.

Optimus Primal sounds more monotone, more boring then Jake tillman as Optimus. While his character is more or less intact from BW, he doesn’t have that uncle feeling Garry Chalk brought to Primal from Beast Wars. Luckily there was none of that “We’re fwum you’re future” crap in most of his dialogues. Primal, like in his beast wars incarnation, a capable leader who can lead his men into battle. I like how he was the opposite of Megatron in this venture, he wasn’t in awe of Optimus and was infact his equal in leading his troops. Honestly my only issue with Primal is his voice, otherwise he’s fine as a character.

Dinobot, who is my favorite TF character ever, was actually handled well. While I do prefer his original voice actor Scott Mcneil, whoever does Dinobot doesn’t do a bad job at all. They kept his character arc from the show, where he questioned his alliegences and died at the end. They kept true to his character, but I don’t think it could be told well in 4 episodes as he dies by episode 4 when he betrays his side and tries to recover the matrix. I do like the fact he is shown to be a capable fighter as he was able to take down soundwave and go toe to toe with G1 Megs. His death is a homage to his death scene in code of hero, where he is surrounded by the maximals (And this time the autobots). He exchanges a few words with Rattrap whom he calls Chopper face. It’s a nice scene and a good tribute to Dinobot’s character. However, personally I had wish he would have survived unlike his original Beast Wars self.

The other characters were either good or ok. Frank Todaro as Rattrap is good as he is able to channel Scott Mcneil when he voices the character. Cheetor and Tigatron are ok, but not that good. Rhinox sounds like a typical brawler type character though. I think Blackarachnia’s voice was prob the most spot on and best one from the new cast. She sounds like her BW self, and manages to capture her personality quite well.

Story and pacing: So the story here is basically what you expected. Find the allspark and take it back to Cybertron to revive it. The autobots and the decepticons meet their descendants who traveled from the future to past Earth. I thought the story was ok, just predictable at times. I think telling it in six episodes is way too small as the Ark who finally transforms has only one scene and he never shows up again. Although there was some cool sub plots and character arcs like Dinobot’s arc, and Blackarachnia teaming up with Starscream which is remscient of their time together in posession.

The final fight between Galvatron and Nemesis felt anticlimatic. The two just turn to dust and that’s it. Also them being the final antagonist isn’t great since they appear in the final episode and they get ganged up by all the factions who unite to take down a common foe.

The Beast Wars characters look great in updated CG models, although Megs does look off to me.

All in all, Kingdom was three steps front and two steps back. It was better then siege and earthrise, and it was great to see the BW cast again. However, I felt the show ended lacklusterly. But I say I had a good time.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Which, Spoilers aside, was an Autobot-centric move that wouldn't seem to be, uh,
    a cross-factional both sides thing that Megatron would agree with the way he does, the stupidity of instant commemorative statues when post-crisis averted there's a lot more important things to be doing aside, if you have to have the statues Elita and a Seeker would have better represented both factions, and include a figure Megs would also have a direct emotional connection to in a way that he wouldn't with a Seeker grunt.

Rooster Teeth's writing and symbolism are as shallow as ever.

• Like Like x 2
  13. snokoan

snokoan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Who dies

14. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Crossdresser Toy Collector

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Hey. Male Airazor is cute as fuck. Nothing wrong with the idea of femmy males. Or trans women even, given the trajectory of JBW, haha.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Autobot N

Autobot N Wants a Legacy Sunstorm

I think just Dinobot and a bunch of generic mooks

16. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    You're forgetting that, according to the last episode, it retroactively establishes EVERYONE STILL ON CYBERTRON DIED in that Season/Chapter 2 "Cliffhanger" explosion!
    (Inferred from Elita's bisected corpse (there seems to be a bit of her robo-spine sticking out of the chest upwards remains OP stumbles across), and all the Cybertron-based cast being Spark/Force Ghosts at the end!
    Then they end on a "hopeful" note?!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Cliffjumper

Cliffjumper Least insane TF fan

News Credits:
    Y'know the voice cast for the bw characters wasn't terrible imo.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It was better then what I thought it would be.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    At x1.25 speed they were positively normal speaking with only...Optimus..., and...Megatron...suffering...from...Robo-COPD! :p 

• Like Like x 1
  20. oku

oku Chill.

News Credits:
    At least Japanese dub is decent.

• Like Like x 3