Minor/Repaint: Netflix Elita-1's shield

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by cloudballoon, Oct 15, 2021.

1. cloudballoon

cloudballoon Well-Known Member

Like how everyone feels, the part-forming car hood is ridiculous as a "surfboard" and just atrocious as back kibble. So I added a 5mm peg on each side at the bottom of where the "car doors" would be, so Elita-1 can now hold the car hood as a giant shield. I also reconstructed the rear of the hood so it's more filed out and have proper tail lights. Finally, I modified the bottom of the underside of the car's front hood so the gun can be stored differently there in alt mode and the white parts look a little better in bot mode.

IMG_8226.JPG IMG_8227.JPG IMG_8229.JPG IMG_8231.JPG IMG_8233.JPG IMG_8235.JPG

• Like Like x 12
  2. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas Well-Known Member

Very cool! It baffles me that Hasbro didn't do that with this mold when they did it with the Cliffjumper mold and it's not like there's any shortage of space for them to put one or more pegs in!

3. cloudballoon

Seriously, it takes just a minute for HasTak designers to think it up and maybe 5 minutes of CAD work to get it done... they should forever make it a requirement for designers to make these kind of partforming kibble as shields. If just to shut some fans up :rolleyes: 

• Like Like x 1
  4. valguerra

valguerra Well-Known Member

Great job on the back end. Do you have the stl file?

5. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas Well-Known Member

Yeah, basically follow the same design principal LEGO follows of (almost) every piece can connect to basic studs in some way or failing that, clip on to the abundant clip pieces. I know it's a construction toy so a bit different but still, with the play environment of the COMBAT system it's really shocking that they didn't put some 5mm posts on there...

• Like Like x 1
  6. cloudballoon

Sorry no, I made the back end with a piece of Lego, plastic sheets and dollar-store "pearl stickers."

Last edited: Oct 17, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  7. gibdozer

gibdozer Love Gun

The huge partsforming piece is still ridiculous, but at least you've given it a plausible purpose! Good idea, well executed, and does nothing but improve the figures playability. Perfect Mod Kudos.

• Like Like x 2