Nerf Appreciation

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Trippanator, Jan 18, 2010.

1. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Even though I intended to limit myself to N-Strike Elite, I had to get the Zombie Strike reissue of the Longshot.

[​IMG]

The blaster is great (works similar to the Retaliator), a barrel extension like the ones available with the Retaliator or the Specte REV-5 can be mounted onto the front end, the extractable shoulder stock can store a spare ammo clip (!), and the best part: It comes with a scope that can be mounted onto tactical rails!

Though the scope doesn't have a magnifying ability, it's still fun, similar to the Pinpoint Sight.

Attached to the N-Strike Elite Strongarm, it looks almost like an upgraded Classics Megatron, even though the scope looks a liiiiittle bit oversized.

2. chuckdawg1999

chuckdawg1999 Well-Known Member

Apparently the Longshot is a much beloved weapon among the diehard nerf collectors.

3. Nevermore

News Credits:
    Toys"R"Us currently carries the "Sonic Fire" sub-line with redecos of the Strongarm and Barrel Break. The Strongarm features the improved "Elite XD" performance, the Barrel Break unfortunately only has the old N-Strike performance. However, this version of the Barrel Break finally includes the tactical ammunition storage attachment for the tactical rail again.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

The ammo storage attachment is particularly cool in combination with the new "OJ" redeco of the Rough Cut 2x4 and the XD version of the Firestrike.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Nevermore

News Credits:
    So I did a multi-comparison of the Firestrike's original packaging versus the new version with a younger Nerf model, and then the old deco of the Firestrike versus the new "OJ" deco.

[​IMG]

Read more

5. Nevermore

News Credits:
    Transformers fans complain about the sheer number of Bumblebee toys.

Nerf fans have their own pet peeve:
    [​IMG]

6. agentSAP2006

agentSAP2006 Avatar by Sprite

News Credits:
    And I somehow don't own even one of those.

7. Nevermore

News Credits:
    Made an AWESOME deal at Toys"R"Us today:

- N-Strike Elite Retaliator Sonic ICE (Toys"R"Us exclusive): On sale for €29.98 instead of the regular €34.99
    - Another 18 dart clip magazin for €14.99
    - And for the purchase of N-Strike products (including Elite) for a value of at least €40, I got a FREE Tactical Veste including twelve darts and two 6 dart clip magazines (regular price €34.99). The promotion is valid until November 18 (only as long as supplies last).

Paid: €45
    Regular total for the three items: €85

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

That even beats the deal I got for the Hail-Fire at Intertoys a few months ago. :D 

8. Nevermore

News Credits:
    Seen today at TRU: The XD version of the Retaliator in new colors and with improved performance (the European packaging advertises 27 instead of 20 meters, the US packaging advertises 90 instead of 75 feet).
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Gonna buy that one soon.

By the by, here's the evolution of the packaging:
    [​IMG]

First the face of the model was replaced, then the blaster's prototype colors were edited to match the final product (or rather the later variant with fewer paint operations due to budget reasons), and then the blaster was changed to "XD" colors. Unfortunately, objects in dark colors are difficult to digitally change to "white" without the editing being immediately obvious.

And because I forgot the "Sonic Ice" version, here is another comparison including it. That version was actually released right after the original, but because it doesn't fit into the sequence, I put it at the end:

[​IMG]

9. Nevermore

News Credits:
    The Toys"R"Us store in my hometown of Duisburg not only has the Elite XD version of the Retaliator, but also the XD version of the RapidStrike CS-18:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. Metroplex79

Metroplex79 Hey mouse, say cheese!

I shoot pigeons off my balcony with a Tornado Strike.

That's all I have to contribute to this thread.

:lol 

11. Nevermore

News Credits:
    The newest Elite blaster is available at my local TRU: The Rhino-Fire, a massive battery-powered tripod-mounted blaster that is loaded with two (!) 25 dart drums.

[​IMG]

12. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
  13. Nevermore

News Credits:
    Updated an older blog entry!

The Rampage has become so cheap that I finally caved in and bought a second version. Here's the comparison between the original and the "economy" version, no longer limited to the packaging but now between the blasters themselves, as well as the 25 dart drums!

[​IMG]

Read more

14. Nevermore

News Credits:
    Bizarre combo at local retail:

Zombie Strike Slingfire as a bonus pack with a 25 dart drum. Presumably exclusive to Galeria Kaufhof stores in Germany.
    [​IMG]

15. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    I remember being at a toy show years and years ago, shortly after nerf starting making more "realistic" nerf weapons, and they had an advance display model of the rampage. And I'm just looking at this thing, playing around with the mechanism, and I just side-glare at the Hasbro rep.

"So you made a drum magazine for nerf darts."
    "Yes!"
    "And you put it into what's basically a nerf mossberg shotgun."
    "I don't know what that is, but sure!"
    "I'm not sure how I feel about this."

Oh, if only I could have seen the future...

16. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    The Slingfire with Drum combo is also being sold at Canadian Tire stores in Canada. Though advertised as the strongarm for some reason...

17. Nevermore

News Credits:
    Bought the Elite XD version of the RapidStrike CS-18. Aside from the changed colors (white instead of orange painted stripe, added "ELITE" inscription, orange instead of gray plastic for the extractable shoulder stock), the blaster's internals are changed as well: Whereas the original Elite version's packaging advertised a range of 20 meters (or 75 feet if you're in the US), the XD version's packaging advertises a whopping 27 meters (or 90 feet). And boy, is the difference evident!

[​IMG]

As a sidenote, the changed expression on the Nerf model's face is hilarious in context. Elite version: "That range sucks." XD version: "That range is awesome!"

18. Lt. Faceless

Lt. Faceless I'm a puppet

My son wanted that,but there was noway to justify it.I got burned on the Vulcan(you need a second job for the damn batteries)and now i stay away any gun that takes C or D battery,not worth the upkeep. Old fashion spring works just fine for me...and you can mod those.

That is a weird combo.I wonder how many parents think or expect the drum to go with the gun? Can any Zombie gun take a drum? My son does have that shotgun and its pretty badass and the crossbow stays in my armory. Why not just add a bonus pack of darts.

When you say it like that,it sounds like a bad thing.Then you see it and can't help but grin. I was always a fan of the belt system.If only they could work that into a spring gun. Imagine if Nerf got into the paintball market....nerf style paintball guns...i'm sold.

19. Nevermore

News Credits:
    The Slingfire is a clip based blaster, and the regular version includes a six dart clip.

And it appears this version is/was also available in the US, as a Kohl's exclusive.

[​IMG]

20. Lt. Faceless

Lt. Faceless I'm a puppet

I see. I thought that was the 3shot shotgun with the pump stock.Never seen that gun before. I'm going to have to keep a eye out for this.There is just something about drumfeed that makes me smile.