NeoG1 Wave 3: if they make one...

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by ZacWilliam, Mar 18, 2006.

1. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

i just want an ironhide with a freak'n head, is that so hard to ask for?

2. The621

The621 Fuck you, that's why!

News Credits:
    Not trying to sound like a noob. But have any of these Neo G1 toys come out yet?
    I mean, in the region or area you guys live near?

3. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

I don't the first wave is due untill October.

4. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Fan desires vs reality. I'd say since we're even getting this line that fan desires could be looked at by Hasbro and made. So what we want may not be as crazy an idea as one would normally expect. But, if we want the line to expand beyond the first two waves, then a little reality will have to come into play.

That said, Hasbro should have no problem making repaints work if they keep it faithful to G1 and it's repaints. Prowl into Silverstreak, Jazz into Ricochet, and so on. The problem some fans will come to have will be those molds that didn't have a US repaint like Grimlock and Soundwave.

But if we can get by the few odd figures that come up that might fly in the face of G1 then I believe the sky will be the limit for us.

Don't get me wrong, I love this line and it's potential. (Astrotrains rocks to me.) And if it does grow wings and flys off the shelves, it wouldn't be too difficult to imagine some thing like Gestaults made up of Deluxe (or Basic if they open that scale to the line) limbs with a Mega body. Look at Energon. There is potential my friends, and I hope it all works out.

5. JD

JD Well-Known Member

How about we just have everyone from season 1 and 2, with some exceptions from season 3 :p 

6. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Well, you can't really talk about a potential wave 3 without getting the TBD's out of the way from wave 2. So, I'll list my vote for those two TBD deluxes first since that would affect my desires on the potential wave 3.

Wave 2 TBD's:
    Jazz
    Prowl

Wave 3:
    Deluxes:
    Arcee
    Springer
    Wheeljack
    Blitzwing
    Megas:
    Ultra Magnus (Prime cab repainted w/new armour forming trailer)
    Galvatron

Lots of other characters I'd like to see too... Sideswipe, Sunstreaker, Silverstreak, Smokescreen, Tracks, the Omnibots, the other Dinobots, the Insecticons, Shockwave, Rodimus Prime... the list could go on... maybe this line might see some minor expansion after the film comes out?

Also, I was thinking that IF Hasbro were to decide to do a third wave that we might see more figures released than what we're seeing in the form of new moulds from waves one and two as they could repaint figures from those waves.

We could also see:
    Thundercracker (Repaint of Starscream)
    Skywarp (Repaint of Starscream)
    Cliffjumper (Repaint of Bumblebee)
    Silverstreak (Repaint of Prowl if a part of wave 2)
    Smokescreen (Repaint of Prowl if a part of wave 2)
    Ricochet (Repaint of Jazz if a part of wave 2)

Also, I was wondering if the Prime w/trailer Mega that we are getting might possibly be based on Powermaster Prime. The only reason I think it might ]be is that they can't seem to go one single line without having Prime combine with something... and an updated PM Prime would be pretty damned cool.

7. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

Now for the sake of our dear moderator should we hope for a Neo G1 Twin Twist? ;) 

8. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    That's what I was thinking. I'd only want it if the trailer looked better in trailer mode than PMOP's did. Otherwise, I would just want a regular G1 trailer that opened up. I also see this as a means to a remold for Ultra Magnus. Especially since they are selling Prime solo and with trailer. They could just make a new Magnus type trailer and repaint Prime in white. I would sooooo buy that.

9. Random Autobot

Random Autobot Soviet Kanukistani

I'm betting that, if there was ever a line where repaints will be welcomed, it will be this TF Classic line. So...

Wave 2:

I'm betting the TBD's are Ironhide and Jazz. I am also hoping this is the case, as I love Jazz.

Wave 3 Deluxe:

Blitzwing
    Ratchet (repainted Ironhide
    Cliffjumper (repainted Bumblebee)
    Skywarp (repainted Starscream)

Wave 3 Mega:

Shockwave
    Blaster (I wouldn't really care if this were a retooled Soundwave, he's in there primarily to keep the line going)

Assuming Wave 3 is a success, and the line kicks off...

Wave 4 Deluxe:

Prowl
    Thundercracker (repainted Starscream)
    Smokescreen (repainted Prowl)
    Kup
    Thrust (retooled seeker)

Wave 4 Mega:

Galvatron
    Rodimus Prime
    Ultra magnus ( repainted prime with New trailer that snaps on for Classic UM look)
    (yes, I feel both generations of G1 leaders should be in the line)

And, just for shits and giggles...

Wave 5 Deluxe:

Silverstreak (repainted prowl)
    Sideswipe
    Scourge
    Dirge (seeker retool)
    Kickback
    Bombshell

Wave 5 Mega:

Cyclonus
    Omega Supreme (pushing the Mega/Ultra line, I know)

Wave 6 Deluxe:

Ramjet (seeker retool)
    Sunstreaker (sideswipe retool)
    Shrapnel
    Wheeljack
    Springer
    Hound

Wave 3 Mega:

Motormaster
    Silverbolt

OK, so a huge portion of my list is a pipe dream, but If the line does well, I could at least see one more wave coming out before it dies. If it does very well, I don;t see why they couldn't come back to it after the movie, ala Hasbro's SW Original Trilogy line.

10. Acid Wing

Acid Wing Senior Alien TF Member

News Credits:
    Bingo. That idea crossed my mind as well, since all the recent mainline Primes combined with their trailer in one form or the other. Personally, I would love to see new, articulated Dinobots and a Devastator.

*crosses fingers*

11. The Phazer

The Phazer Well-Known Member

Gotta go with pretty much anything from 84 - 85, but I'd be really upset if we don't get a Prowl, Jazz, Ironhide/Rachet and the twins between the TBC figures and a further wave of new molds (assuming we don't count repaints).

The idea of Devastator as two megas kicks ass.

Phazer

12. Edgewise

Edgewise Fanner

News Credits:
    My Wishes:
    Wave 2 TBDs:
    Blitzwing
    Swoop

Wave 3:
    Deluxe:
    Dirge(remold of Starscream)
    Ramjet(remold of Starscream)
    Thrust(remold of Starscream)
    Beachcomber

Mega:
    Motormaster(Prime with a new head and completely new trailer)
    Sludge

My expectations:
    I expect the 3rd wave to be the last of it and to be all repaints/remolds.
    Wave 2 TBDs:
    Blitzwing
    Swoop

Wave 3:
    Deluxe:
    Cliffjumper(repaint/remold of Bumblebee)
    Air Raid(repaint of Starscream)
    Dirge(remold of Starscream)
    Motormaster/Nemesis Prime(repaint of Prime--no trailer)

Mega:
    Blaster(repaint/remold of Soundwave)
    Shockwave(repaint/remold of Megatron)

I think the Classics line should not be very heavy on car molds. If they continued the line a lot longer then yes, but with the limited time frame they should not cover the same ground as the Alternators. From Hasbro's perspective they shouldn't have the two lines so directly competing against each other and they need more variety of alternate modes than 80% cars. From a fan's perspective, which sounds better: Alt Meister, Sideswipe, and Sunstreaker and Classics Jazz, Sideswipe, and Sunstreaker or Alt Meister, Sideswipe, Sunstreaker and Classics Blitzwing, Swoop, and Thrust?

13. Dreweido

Dreweido Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yeah totally agree with Swoop needing to be in there.

TBD's:
    Jazz
    Blitzwing

So Wave 3:
    Deluxes
    Swoop
    Arcee
    Springer (Let's be honest, Springer would kick ass)
    Kup

Mega:
    Shockwave
    ???

I'm all for movie characters and Autobots so I guess that would explain my choices.

14. Jetfireinthesky

Jetfireinthesky Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Personally I think it's a waste to have any characters in this toy line that will just end up being in the movie toy line. That being said here's who I'd want to be in the Neo G1: Wave 3...

Deluxe:
    1. Arcee: I just want a deluxe size movie accurate Arcee that will fit with my other bots when in car mode.

2. Kup: I want a toy that does the old bot justice.

3. Punch/Counterpunch: A toy with two bot modes so that way the other bots won't feel stupid trusting a guy they just saw aiding the other side.

4. Nightbeat: Really I just want this to repaint into Minerva. They need more fembots.

Mega:
    1. Blitzwing: Aside from Springer, Blitzwing was my favorite triple-changer.

2. Roadbuster: I'm still wondering how the crap this awesome guy hasn't been homaged yet. Release him slightly smaller than a mega and this guy'll fly off shelves.

There are others I want to see also like Bludgeon, Doublecross, Downshift, Highbrow, Slugslinger, and Wierdwolf but I could only pick six.

15. Dragonwolf

Dragonwolf dragon-bot

News Credits:
    i would like to see :red alert protectobots and inferno with the possabitity of fort max or (most likely) metroplex for the bots

for the dects : six shot, cyclonus and predacons with maybe trypticon would be awesome

then later computron and seaking

16. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    we could get a bludgeon from the titanium line though.. but yeah more triplechangers, and wow, who wouldn't want to see a modern technology Punch/Counterpunch!? man that would kick all kinds of ass.

Andy

17. DeathFrogurt

DeathFrogurt The frogurt is cursed!

They should cover the original 6 triplechangers. There aren't enough triplechangers in the recent lines, and they haven't been homaged either, besides Bulkhead.

And I think fan desire for Ironhide and Ratchet with heads has reached "clamor" status.

I'm going to go with Mirage as well, with a transparent "invisible" variant.

18. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Remakes of the Deluxe Insecticons (as well as the regular Insecticons) and the rest of the Dinobots.

A new Whirl and Roadbuster as Megas would be cool too. (make them a new military coter and Humvee)

19. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    IMHO, there's only three more "must haves" in the line.

Blitzwing
    Galvatron
    Skywarp