Nelson : NASCAR Trio Are The Wreckers

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Jul 19, 2010.

1. MC.Paddington1

MC.Paddington1 Well-Known Member

Awesome! I have loved the wreckers ever since "Stormbringer"! This makes me happy :'D

2. aussieprime

aussieprime Well-Known Member

All the more reason the cons 'need' Tidal Wave this time around.

3. mogel94

mogel94 Well-Known Member

Dang, I hope the Decepticons arent all protoforms like TF2 because that would be gay on so many levels, i dont think we have had any pics of real decepticon vehicles.

4. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    Yes but to use your analogy properly, it's like saying every person in everything ever named Abraham Lincoln should be the same as the Abraham Lincoln that got shot in the theatre. Which is incorrect, to say the least.

It all falls apart when you look at TF history anyway. BW Silverbolt had NOTHING at all to do with G1 Silverbolt. They weren't similar in any way at all characterwise, or what they transformed into. Ditto with Inferno and Scorponok in Beast Wars v their other portrayals. Energon Ironhide is nothing like G1 Ironhide. Ultra Magnus in RiD v G1.

In the history of Transformers sometimes there is kind of link between two characters in different continuities using the same name but that is blatantly not to be considered the norm (just look at G1 Inferno vs BW Inferno, as I said above).

Anyway I can't see what the criticism is about here - most of the fans on here are acting quite petulantly. So we've been given what are considered generally to be the most ass kickingest Autobots around, riding on a wave of popularity due to a very good miniseries they featured in, and what says the fandom having not seen anything of them except stills and some mobile phone camera footage? "WRONG ALT MOEDS" "OMG WHY NO WHIRL" "SPRINGER WAZ A HELICOPTUR". And my favourite of them all... "OMG THE WRECKERS ARE TOO HEAVILY ARMED".

I'm so sure that many of the fans whining on here need to read up on their Transformers history.

5. User_136440

User_136440 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, thing to understand I suppose is that in the movieverse the use of character, faction and group or team names comes from borrowing the termonology from previous continuities not the canon.

In other words, these three cars might be called 'The Wreckers' but it doesn't automatically mean that they equate to the exact same characters with the exact same backstories or alt modes as the comic characters who belong to the team's namesake, just in the same way that the term 'seeker' is used differently in the movieverse.

6. Pauly T

Pauly T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The use of the term Wreckers is a nice little fan-nod but means nothing until we can see the actual movie. It would be cool if they were an Autobot commando squad, and it would be cool if they were named after past Wreckers, even better if they had some of the personality traits of their namesakes. Still, those are all things we won't know till showtime.

7. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    They could have just as easily have called them "The Lightning Strike Coalition" or "The Mayhem attack squad" I suppose.

8. Sunstorm202

Sunstorm202 TF2er

oh well, WRECK AND RULE!!!!!!

9. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'll be happy with the Fan-Nod. Autobot Wreckers? Cool. Hasbro most likely will repaint them as Decepticons, Stunticons maybe.

10. Sunstorm202

Sunstorm202 TF2er

yeah tidal wave,tidal wave,tidal wave!!

11. DecepticonsRule

DecepticonsRule Triple-Changer

News Credits:
    I really hope The Wreckers are a group of like, rogue Autobots. They just cause trouble, and don't really help the Decepticons or the Autobots. But they're really kick-ass fighters.
    Something happens in the movie that requires the Autobots to ask The Wreckers for help, so they find them, and then The Wreckers accompany them to the final battle.

12. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    well the point of a misinformation campaign is to say the opposite of what's true, but he's being clever and giving multiple negatory statements.

13. brawl569

brawl569 Autobot

no they need predaking and piranacon and tidal wave then they have a chnce ;D but bey said no more combinders :( 

14. jgoss

jgoss transformers fan 4 life

very cool news but who knows TC maybe the stunticons will still be there.

15. StarScream686

StarScream686 Member

:(  Id rather have the Dinobots. But still, New Faces :) 

16. Houndvoice

Houndvoice Well-Known Member

Who's to say these wreckers won't be named Snarl, Swoop and Sludge? :p 

In the spirit of OMGZ, THIS ISN'T EFFIN G1!!!!1! anything could be possible right?

17. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    Not really upset, but pretty disappointed that these aren't Decepticons. All I hope is that these are the last new Autobots, I can't believe I'M saying this, but there's too many Autobots already. That's 15 Autobots(If you think Jolt's gonna show and not counting any of the bikes returning). All the Cons have is Megs, Starscream, Soundwave and Shockwave and the unnamed Armored Truckcon. Having not seen any Con vehicles recorded during the final battle (thus far), I'm starting to think there's going to be a ton of drones. I won't be disappointed as long as the big four tear some Autobot skidplate, and have great interaction as a fighting force. I just can't see how they won't be vastly outnumbered... I don't see why they would film the Autobots and not film the COns, but that's pretty much the only way I could see a bunch of Con vehicles showing up during the finale.

As much as I like Bay's movies, and will probably enjoy this, stuff like this makes me ready for a reboot. It's boring seeing the Cons limited to authoritarian vehicles (military and institution stuff, construction vehicles, save Sideways who gets killed in the first 5 minutes). One thing I've always loved about the Transformers franchise is that alot of the times, the bad guys had the coolest vehicles (Stunticons, Predacons, Constructicons) or at least had counterparts to the Autobots. I don't see much hope for Stunticons or any really cool land based vehicles in the finale unless they're already there in robot mode beating the hell out of the city till the Bots show.

I hope I'm wrong and at least the rest of the movie is filled with cool Decepticons as well. Oh well, we'll get something. Hasbro has to have Cons to sell... even if they wind up being pretty boring ones.

18. TFfan08

TFfan08 Vigilante

News Credits:
    Seriously NO!

19. HIM666fan

HIM666fan DINOBOT

News Credits:
    bad ass this movie keeps gettign better and better!
    WRECK AND RULE!!!

cant wati to see tehre bot modes!

20. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I agree that the Decepticons need all the help they can get. If you aren't named Megatron it doesn't seem like you can do all that much against the Autobots just against human extras with no name.

Even poor Starscream went from being able to put up a little bit of a fight in the first film to being totally useless in the second film since he can't even hit the Twins when he had the drop on them.

Yea Shockwave could be a fighter in the comic books and even some episodes of the cartoons but that doesn't mean he will be a terror in the movies. For all we know he shows up about 3 minutes and Prime rips his face off.

Yes yes I know I know American film so the good guys always win. Still you want the bad guys to be cool and to at least feel like they have some small chance of actually winning.