Neill Blomkamp to direct new Alien film

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Kraken, Mar 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    As the man himself revealed via his Instagram account, Neill Blomkamp, director of District 9, Elysium, and Chappie, will take the reigns for the next installment in the Alien franchise.

Blomkamp has said that he sees his chapter take place directly after the events of Aliens, and prior to Alien 3, but without retconning Alien 3 or Resurrection out of the canonical universe (as much as some might like that to be the case.)

Sigourney Weaver, who starred in Chappie, has revealed that she is on board to reprise her role of Flight Lieutenant Ellen Ripley, and that she wants to bring some sense of closure to Ripleys story (not making Alien Resurrection would probably have been a good way of doing that, but there it is)

I have mixed feelings about this to be honest. I do think that Alien 3 is a decent film and a good end to the trilogy, whilst Ressurection was a horrible cash grab that even Joss Wheddon couldn't salvage, I can't see how anything can really be done in between Aliens and 3 without rendering it null and void. However even though I do like 3, I'm intrigued by what it could have been if Hicks and Newt hadn't died and Ripley been infected, and by what Blomkamp can bring to the table.

2. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
  3. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    Hah! Y'know I couldn't for the life of me find a thread on it. i thought it was weird that there wasn't already one. As you were then!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.