Needlenose and RID

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by HeroicC300, Dec 30, 2012.

1. HeroicC300

HeroicC300 Chats with Artists

News Credits:
    Anyone else get the feel that he's the equivalent of Swerve in being a C-lister who struck it big?

Just reading the difference between him in RID Issue 1 and Issue 11/12 is rather impressive.

Totally want him to play a big role in upcoming events.

2. Sockie

Sockie Veteran

News Credits:
    I didn't really care much for the character before RiD, but now I really do hope he survives upcoming events. I'm interested to see where his character goes, and hope for a bigger focus on him.

I also wonder if his and Horri-Bull's relationship was similar to Chromedome and Rewind's. ;) 

3. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    Put the can of worms down and slowly step away!

Needlenose is a'ight. Bit OTT to compare him to Swerve after half a dozen lines in 12 issues though. I just see him as the Decepticon everyman, through him we see the mindset and reactions of your average Genericon whilst the big hitters weave their machinations.

4. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    He's just a character written to fulfill a role assigned to a toy.

With characters like Shockwave and Swindle, you know their roles were written specifically for them, drawing on previously existing characterisation. With Needlenose, Swerve and Tailgate. Not so much. They are there own characters unrelated to previous versions. Their characterisation could have been assigned to other characters and we wouldn't have known the difference.

5. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

I've not read any of RID but I liked how he was the cowardly member of the mayhem attack squad in the marvel uk run, always afraid of carnivac catching up with him.

6. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I like Needlenose. I hear his voice as something new yorkish...

But he does not hold a candle to the best characters here. Swerve and Misfire.

7. Inverse Midas

Inverse Midas Jettisoning weight!

I'm enjoying Needlenose's elevated presence. I was a big fan of his design as a kid; the knight-helmet design really stood out to me. I agree that the character could have really been just about anyone, but I like that it's him they are using.

...and now that I've said that, I've no doubt doomed him to die, just like I did when I expressed happiness upon seeing my other obscure favorite, Flywheels, land a role in MTMTE. :( 

8. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would have also liked to see Horri-Bull become a breakout character...

However, I'll settle for Vroom.

9. D307

D307 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He certainly has come a long way from partially cannibalizing Dreadwind. It will be interesting to see where his character goes.:thumbs2: 

10. WoundSave

WoundSave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In issue 12 there is a pretty detailed drawing of his back that totally looks like it was lifted from a toy design. Idk why, and I can't place the mold, but I have a feeling he's going to get a toy if these idw optimus toy rumors hold some weight.

11. Nope

Nope yscohb

News Credits:
    I always like his role in the Mayhem Attack Squad in the Marvel comics, but RiD has helped him become one of my favorites of all time. I'm glad to see that he's still kicking (same with Dirge) and I hope he gets some more good scenes.

He's not as great as Swerve and a lot of other MtMtE stand-outs, though, but that's just because MtMtE is so amazing.

Nah, it's totally him and Spinister, though (which is why Spinister is so odd and crestfallen away from Cybertron and why Needlenose took his anger out against innocent NAILs).

12. Transfotaku

Transfotaku Transformer Otaku

I liked Needlenose since way back when I got his toy the first time. He had a fun bio and lots of style to him. He was a 'Con that stood out, in theory, and never got love before.

13. DJW107PRIME

DJW107PRIME Autobot Hero

Ebay:
    I like Needlenose alot I always thought it was cool that he was the Con equivlant of Jazz in the MTMTE Profile book from DW. Glad to see him doing stuff.

14. 1984forever

1984forever Banned

I am surprised none of you have caught on that Needlenose designed those I/D chips. Seems pretty obvious to me.

15. Sockie

Sockie Veteran

News Credits:
    What? Needlenose designing the I/D chips makes no sense whatsoever.

Needlenose had some nice moments in RiD #13--giving orders to the Con mob (guess his spark is in it after all), bossing Starscream around, busting out Megatron... he's well on his way to becoming a member of Decepticon High Command at this point! =P

16. 1984forever

1984forever Banned

Maybe Barber read Needlenose's wiki instead of the Tech Specs like I did. His wiki says that he designs "fashion microchips". The I/D chips aren't doing what they were designed to do, it's all for show... like a gory Holloween costume. I don't think Barber just randomly plucked this guy out and decided to give him a reoccurring role. I believe Needlenose plays a big part in the events which are now unfolding.

17. Nope

Nope yscohb

News Credits:
    That is EXTREMELY clever and I love that theory now.

18. gregles

gregles quintesson

very very clever indeed, I like this theory. another clue to your true identity? ;) 

19. 1984forever

1984forever Banned

It's Trufan G. Wunner

20. rung for life

rung for life designer

he's cool, NOW GIVE ME TRIGGER HAPPY, THAT GUY RULES IN ALL ASPECTS, FROM CHARACTER TO DESIIIIIIIGN.... TOT