Need some help on Rodimus Prime 3rd Party/Classics/Henkei/Generations, etc

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Predakwon, Jun 30, 2014.

1. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm very late to the game and looking to get a Henkei/Generations/United, etc. with the best cartoon accurate Hot Rod and the right 3rd party trailer that isn't a KO.

1. Which Hot Rod/Rodimus do you guys think looks best to the cartoon? There's the Challenge at Cybertron, United, Classics and Henkei? I see the pics online, but sometimes the lighting could be off in them.

2. After that, which version goes best with the 3rd party Rodimus Prime/Convoy attachment? There's only one I assume, FansProject Transformers Parallax TFX-04? I'm assuming the shade or red only goes with one of the above Hot Rods? Also, how can I tell the diffs between KOs and the real thing?

Thanks in advance

2. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Only one, FP Protector, I like the newer Henki Release with the Flames that look more G1 accurate.

3. Gauntlet101010

Gauntlet101010 Well-Known Member

I use the original classics Rodimus with the FP trailer mainly because I'm afraid of the chrome-on-chrome rubbing the henkei would have. All on it's own, I like the Henkei release a lot. There's only been one official release of the FP trailer in the right colours, so that's your first and last stop.

But I don't think any of them are really toon inspired for Hot Rod; they're all varying degrees of toy inspired.

4. Stuntastic

Stuntastic Well-Known Member

Original release of both Hot Rod & Parallax upgrade sets, personally...

The 2Pack with Cyclonus was too red (a somewhat "nicer" representation for Hot Rod as an individual, as IMO the brighter colors make him feel youthful in comparison.) But with the armor upgrade, it sticks out badly. Plus the joints are bad while the regular release was nice & tight.

Not a fan of the metallic for the Henkei stuff. But I think the United one looks great, but the spoiler add-on from any set won't match...

The color match for the initial release is spot on and I totally dig em.

5. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    FP Protector is the way to go. The Henkei looks best IMO, my only thing is I wish the reds were a little darker and that his hands were white, but only small gripes there methinks. That could really be remedied with some paint.

6. SeiberBirdR

SeiberBirdR Sapienbot

News Credits:
    I have the Classics deco to wear Protector as Rodimus Prime, and the Challenge at Cybertron deco bare as Hot Rod. Sorry no pics, still packed away from my recent move.

The Defender upgrade is pretty impressive with what it does to a deluxe. The bulk and impressiveness are wonderful. FansProject used just the right amount of mass for the upgrade, leaving a pretty nice take on the battle station as the left over.

7. SkyQuake

SkyQuake What's Quakin'?

I have the original Hasbro Classics version of him with Protector Armor. I chose Reprolabels original Rodimus stickers as well, and he looks great (gives him flaming shoulders in armored mode).

8. Predakwon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks for the responses everyone. I like the BiS version as Hot Rod and Classics/Henkei as Rodimus idea.

Last question I have is is there anyway to determine the difference between the KO from the real set is? I've watched a couple of videos and there doesn't seem to be anyway.

Money isn't so much an issue as the availability of the original.

9. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC color go brrrr

News Credits:
    I originally had CaC toon hotrod in my FP armor set but it eventually started bugging me how mismatched it was so I got a henkei for a nice price and stuck him in it.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Goodluck finding a protector now, I thought it was impossible early last year when I was trying to track down one and then I got super lucky (but still had to spend a lot). I can only imagine how difficult it is to get now.

Might be smarter to wait patiently and hope a new hotrod gets made eventually since fans have been asking for another for a while now.

10. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That is what I have, and I think its the best combo. the reds match up perfect, and the yellow matches the wings perfect. I didn't like the idea of shiny gold with the yellow, and then getting wear spots from the wings

11. Predakwon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Man, finding an original is tough to find without paying through the nose. I'm surprise to find TFX-01 Ultra Magnus in stock at Toy Arena. I wish there was another release of this when the United Hot Rod came out. Oh well. KO for now....

12. RustyBarnacles

RustyBarnacles Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The protector set is the only knock-off I've ever purchased, completely due to the aftermarket prices. TBH, for a knock-off, it still looks really good.

II have it on Henkei Rodimus, and picked up the chrome FP upgrade set along with the Dr. Wu Face-Off set.

Still hoping for a better rodimus though...