Need some Fort Max Advice

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Slag13, Dec 11, 2010.

1. Slag13

Slag13 Autobot Flamethrower

I have an old Fort Max that I have had since I was a kid. It is missing some of the parts (head, some guns, etc.) and is yellowing. Anyway, I have decided to sell the giant thing. What I need to know is if I would be better off selling the whole lot (either here or on ebay) or breaking it up into pieces (ie left ramp, shin gun, etc) and selling it off that way. I am looking to get max value (no pun intended) and don't mind the complexity of multiple listings. Anybody have any experince with this?

2. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    Well considering what all the pieces seem to go for (or at least what people are trying to get for them on ebay), parting it out would probably be the best way to go. Mind you if most things are there, listing it as one auction might net you a higher total, depending on whats missing.

You say the head is missing, is that both Cerebros (the larger head for Fort Max) and Spike (the smaller head for Cerebros)? If both of those are missing, then you're probably better off parting Fort Max out since those two pieces alone are worth $200-300 (for both), so most people looking to buy a Fort Max wont pay top dollar for one that is missing those pieces since it'll cost them that much extra to complete the figure.

3. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    since it is yellowed, I say sell the parts. If it hade been white and none yellowing I would have sold it as one piece.

4. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    i would say as some one who dosnt own or want 1 as a whole yellowing happens and awhole toy with yellowing is easeir then parts renember your stuck with the parts poeple dont want

5. Ecmagee1984

Ecmagee1984 Big E

Ebay:
    Can u post some pictures of him?

6. Ecmagee1984

Ecmagee1984 Big E

Ebay:
    Can u post some pictures of him?

7. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Dude sell it as is whole. There are hobbyist who want a full starting point as much as possible.

8. JoeHavok

JoeHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've been selling on Ebay for a while. And I can say from experience that there just will be some parts that won't sell. Especially if they are not mint. You'll then be stuck with several auctions that don't sell, and will be getting a ton of fees charged from selling the parts off individually. It is a hassle, and you might get more selling it as a whole from someone willing to buy one for parts, or to upgrade an existing one.

9. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Sell it as a whole. People will pay more to get a "junker" to use for parts than you think. Every junker can sell now with how hot and popular customizing has become in this collecting atmosphere.

10. John_Force

John_Force 16xNHRA Funny Car Champ

News Credits:
    I would sell it as a whole. You might fetch more than parting it out, especially if it doesn't come with Cerebros and Spike.