1. Of note - we are in the process of upgrading the site to use HTTPS / SSL. In that time, you may be logged in/out depending on what area of the site you are looking at. If you want to be logged into the forums, please log in via https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/login/. If you do that, you will not be logged in while looking at the front page. We hope to have this fixed within the next 24 hours or so.
    Dismiss Notice

Customs: Need opinion on stunticon choices....

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by ICEPnguin, Dec 16, 2008.

1. ICEPnguin

ICEPnguin Constructicon

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    k these are bot mode pics, but im sure you can tell what i was thinking i don't have any cept a spare sideswipe. so i can't tell figure size... but any info?

Motormaster-animated optimus prime
    breakdown-classics sideswipe
    deadend-movie jazz
    dragstrip-Energon Prowl
    wildrider-cybertron blurr

Attached Files:

2. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Whoa... weird combo!

Sideswipe and Movie Jazz are roughly the same size (though SS is taller). Armada Prowl is quite a bit bigger than the others in both modes. Cybertron Blurr is not very big in the body... but has a whole figure's worth of kibble hanging off of him. TFA Prime is about average for a Voyager, so head and shoulders taller than any of these guys.

I think your biggest challenge will be style. These are 5 extremely discordant figures. Jazz's movie style and Prime's Animated style will probably clash with the others, and Prowl and Blurr turn into imaginary space-age cars... which will clash with Sideswipe and Jazz's more realistic style.

I'm not saying it can't be done, but I'm not sure it's a good line-up for a team of Stunticons.

zmog

3. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    It's funny you mention the design aesthetic clashes SMOG. I think it would make quite an interesting series jumping, timeline crossover Menasor! I certainly would never thought up that combo, but maybe that's what intrigues me! I am continually fascinated by the differences in vision among us Radicons. It's what keeps me coming back for more! I think you should go for it!:thumbs2: 

4. Altitron

Altitron Commercial Artist

Ebay:
    There's some videos on You Tube of a guy using Classics limb bots and a Leader Animated Prime for Menasor. You can probably run a search on that and it'll pop up. Interesting stuff, like this potential custom here.

I myself don't really agree with the wide variety of design aesthetics, but then again, that's just my opinion. With a combiner, you're going to have a lot of stuff thrown together in an attempt to make a cohesive, hopefully greater, entity. It just makes it easier to accomplish this when everyone looks somewhat similar beforehand.

- Alty

5. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Chemical Shoes

I like the idea of using 1 mold from each line. It's quite refreshing.

6. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    Cool approach, but I agree with SMOG also, Things like prime's detail vs. Jazz's will look odd when completed.

7. ICEPnguin

ICEPnguin Constructicon

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    Well, i have seen a couple versions on this and i don't want to just copy what others have done. but i agree at the same time that i want the figures to be kinda similar in style. i just wish there was a ferrari made at some time there are multiple f1 style cars, lot of lambos, and even several porsche-esk looking vehicles. so any other suggestions to pick from since this group is too varying?

8. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Chemical Shoes

Well, I like the idea of Prowl as Dragstrip and using the SS mold for Breakdown. Those are no-brainers.

I'd consider the BB 08 Camaro mold instead of Jazz. It's better to work with and it blends in well with the other molds while still posessing its own aesthetic.

I like TFA Voyager Prime for Motormaster.

9. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    How about use the Walmart Breakaway for Breakdown (also the same mold as cybertron Hot Shot and Excellion)

Cybertron Override could be a good Dragstrip or another Stunticon. She has pretty good articulation compared to Blurr's which is horrible