Need help with pin joint

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by halo4361, May 19, 2021.

1. halo4361

halo4361 Float like a butterfly, sting like a manta ray

I saw a thread for this but the last post was nearly two years ago. I read that necroing threads is generally frowned upon so I figured I'd start a new one. (I'm not sure if that was the right call. Mods feel free to merge if needed) Anyways:

My Exkizer here has extremely loose knees, which are on flathead pins. I was wondering if it's possible to tighten them without removing the pin. I've read that using floor polish helps with certain joints but I'm not sure if it would work here. Any help is appreciated!

20210519_005759.jpg 20210519_005733.jpg

2. Chaos Convoy

Chaos Convoy Dai Gurren-Dan member

News Credits:
    Floor finish should work fine and is probably how I would tighten them, myself. You just put a drop or two in the joint and it should work its way into the joint. Just don't touch it for about a day while it dries. Then it should be nice and tight the next day. If you're feeling super bold and want to try something risky, you can try using a soldering iron or wood burning tool and hold the tip to the flat end of the pin and push on it slightly until the pin moves inward a little. It might make it tighter, it might make it looser. It's kind of a crap shoot.

But yeah, floor finish would be the best way to tighten the joints!

• Like Like x 1
  3. halo4361

halo4361 Float like a butterfly, sting like a manta ray

Thank you so much! I thought that floor polish might help. I'll try that method when I get some.