Customs: Need help with an Optimal Optimus

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Depthcharge, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Depthcharge

Depthcharge Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hey guys, so I had a kind of tragic thing happen today and I need some help. I just pulled out my Optimal Optimus figure after a couple years in storage. Upon inspection I noticed that one of his two shoulder missile launchers wasn't working. When you drop the missile in it basically just falls all the way back, farther than it should. I assumed the spring became misaligned somehow and figured I could fix it myself.

I popped out the 5 screws on the bottom of the assembly and slowly pried the two halves apart but I didn't notice in time that the gray ring in the front-center was also holding the two halves together. Snap! The plastic broke on both halves where the ring was and in my surprise I've thrown all the loose pieces that were inside the thing all over the room.

I've gathered up on the bits and fitted everything back together with the exception of one piece. I have a brownish lever looking bit with a spring on its edge that I can't figure out where to put it back. Can anyone help?

2. shinobi77

shinobi77 Fatbastard

Ebay:
    if its not part of the firing mechanism, look around the connection joints, its probably one of the "clicky bits" that give the turret its support.

3. javaco

javaco javaco

News Credits:
    i think its the little switch that holds the back half of the turret together. you'd slide it over and the back half would drop