Need Help With a 3D Printing Project

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Darkryt, May 26, 2024.

1. Darkryt

Darkryt Combiner Enthusiast

DW1.jpg DW2.jpg DW3.jpg DW Missing Handle.png DW Missing Handle 2.png DW Missing Handle 3.jpg So I found a Prime Universe Legacy Dreadwing today. Bought it. Opened it up. Checked to make sure everything was there ...

It wasn't. It's missing a handle piece in the gun. I've already looked in the box again to see if it just snapped off, and I have a photo (blurry though it is) to show that it came packaged like that.

My usual toy site of choice doesn't have him in stock, and Amazon is charging a markup for him (same as it was ever was) so I can't really get a replacement without spending even more money than I already did for him.

But I do have access to a 3D Printer. Only, it's my roommate's 3D printer, and I don't 3D print much, so I wouldn't know what the specifications would be to replace the missing part. Can someone help me with this?

It's the ball joint handle that's supposed to let him hold the gun with two hands. I've attached photos of my copy and photos from the TFW2005 boards with highlights showing the missing piece.
    DW1.jpg DW2.jpg DW3.jpg DW Missing Handle.png DW Missing Handle 2.png DW Missing Handle 3.jpg DW1.jpg DW2.jpg DW3.jpg DW Missing Handle.png DW Missing Handle 2.png DW Missing Handle 3.jpg
    DW1.jpg DW2.jpg

2. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I had a few spare minutes so I copied mine. It's simple and rough but it should do the trick, the important measurements match. Download and print it, your roommate should know what to do. If anyone wants to take the file and add more detail, go for it.

gun handle

Last edited: May 27, 2024
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Chaos Convoy

Chaos Convoy Dai Gurren-Dan member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1