Need Help w/ Optimus Prime Voice Changer

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Magnimus Prime, Sep 15, 2007.

1. Magnimus Prime

Magnimus Prime Member

I'm new to the boards so if this topic was covered before I apologize. Does anyone know if the Peter Cullen Optimus Prime Voice Changer is still available at retail? I know they were everywhere about a month or so ago but at the time I didn't have the money and now I do. Unfortunately, I can't find it but I keep coming across the Gary Chalk Optimus Prime Voice Changer everywhere I go (Target, TRU, Wal-Mart, KB) but I don't want that version. I am a die-hard Peter Cullen/G1 Optimus Prime fan so that's the version I want.

Was the Peter Cullen version under-produced? Were they all bought up in a frenzy? More importantly, does anyone know if Hasbro will make more of the Peter Cullen version? I'm hoping that because Halloween is right around the corner and the holiday shopping season is fast approaching that Hasbro will produce more.

I'm located in NJ so if anyone on the boards is from NJ and has seen the Peter Cullen Optimus Prime Voice Changer PLEASE let me know. I would appreciate any help/info.

Thank You,
    Magnimus Prime

2. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    The Gary Chalk version would be harder to find since..well it was produced first, before Cullen was confirmed for the movie.

3. Freyabeads

Freyabeads TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yes, it is. I just saw a couple today at the TRU in Manassas, VA so it is still out there. Most I do see though are the Gary Chalk version.

4. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    I don't even pay attention any more... All I know is they aren't selling. If you ask nicely, I bet someone here would pick up a Cullen version for you at cost...