Customs: Need help on fixing a ratchet thigh joint.

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by FireFury190, May 6, 2019.

1. FireFury190

FireFury190 Member

YouTube:
    My Pyra Magna's ratcheted thigh joint is loose. Or rather it wobbles. In her standard robot mode it's not a major issue, but when I have her combined into Victorion she can't stand up. Due to the wobbliness in the thigh joint it can't properly hold the weight of the combiner and falls over. I've been sitting on this problem for a year mostly out of laziness but I was wondering if there was anything I could do to fix it.

video references

One person I asked suggested I use a center punch tool on the capped metal pin to hold the ratchet joint tighter so it doesn't wobble. I tried it a couple of times and it didn't really do much so I don't know if I'm not pushing hard enough to get any results. Another idea I found was to remove the metal capped pin by heating it and using a magnet. Then reapply in a way that leaves no gaps that causes it to wobble.

Which of the 2 methods should I go with, or is there another method to try? Has anyone else had this kind of problem? If so how did you fix it?

Last edited: May 6, 2019