Customs: Need help customizing TW Orionvil (also applies to regular Orion)

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Lord Of Tetris, Feb 7, 2015.

1. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

I've gotten good enough with the transformation so that I now know what parts will try to occupy the same space as what other part, and I can fearlessly transform Orionvil back and forth with minimal fear. That is, except for one set of tabs.

It looks to me that the tabs circled in green serve NO PURPOSE other than to impede you putting that tab behind the grille in truck mode and stress the joints in doing so. It looks to me that sanding down those tabs down to a very small nub would make transformation a lot less stressful by removing that CRINGEWORTHY step as I try to stuff that tab behind the grille.

It also looks like the tabs I circled in red would serve just fine holding the boob-windows in place for truck mode. As in, the green-circled tabs don't make the truck mode any more secure than what the red-circled tabs would do anyway.

Did I miss anything? Any reason I shouldn't file down those green-circled tabs down to bare nubs (or destroy them entirely)?

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

Help? Anyone?

3. thunder117

thunder117 Magna Defender

Ebay: