Need feedback on Subaru BTs

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Dragstrip85, Nov 7, 2005.

1. Dragstrip85

Dragstrip85 Well-Known Member

Hey guys. Just today I received my two Meisters/Jazz's from Toyeast (red & white) and noticed that the white Mazda is clearly painted. I didn't want to believe it was true, but it is. No wonder I read all these complaints about people's BT's chipping for not being extra careful so I decided to leave it sealed since I already have 3 Alt. Meisters (2 opened). I also have BT Hound, but can't tell if the metal is green or just painted.

Anyway, I love the Subaru molds for Streak and Smokecreen. I want to buy Streak... definitely. But which of the 4 Smokescreen variants is the best? I don't want to go for all 4, just 1.

I'm new with the BT's so any feedback appreciated. :thumbs2: 

Edit: Sorry, if this belongs in the Toy Ark or elsewhere, some Mod/Admin care to move, please? :wink: 

2. Soundwave3k

Soundwave3k TFW2005 Supporter

I would say definitely go for one of the BT-07's. I like the slightly updated front grill better, it has the shoulder missile launcher that was missing from the first one, and he's cheaper.

3. Dragstrip85

Thanks for feedback

Also wanted to ask how are the GTs and WRCs different? I don't see any difference between the GTs #1 and #2 nor the WRCs #7 and #8

4. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    there is a lot of minor remolding due to differences between the 2003 and 2004 car. IIRC, the grill, roof, wheels and spoiler are all altered... Subaru won the WRC that year and they updated the numbers to celebrate the fact

5. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    also, the chipping thing, is for the most part vastly overstated.

I've had 2 chips to my original BT01 and 1 on one other, and i have every single BT except Ravage ~ the paint is part of what sells me on them, especially after picking up ALT Swerve.

6. Dragstrip85

Thanks for feedback.. I think I am leaning towards getting #8 Subaru... but then again I want a Smokescreen that has the shoulder cannon and is updated...so #1 probably I'll get. :)