Need collection advice badly

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by OptimusPrimeFour, Jun 12, 2014.

?

After reading my situation should I keep my collection in the bedroom?

1. Keep them in the bedroom

7 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. Take them out of bedroom and in a collection room

35 vote(s)
    83.3%
  1. OptimusPrimeFour

OptimusPrimeFour Autobot Supreme Comander

Hello fellow collectors. I am in need of help of what to do, long story short my fiancé/girlfriend of 4 years left me a week ago. She decided that she didn't love me after all I have done for her and with her and I am just now getting over the devestation of the whole thing. Now I am faced with the hard reality of moving on and meeting other women and getting on with my life.

Now here comes the part where I really need your help as collectors... My ex was very acceptant of my hobby, I have 2 thousand transformers in my collection with a good portion of them which was our bedroom and now just my bedroom again. They are wall to wall nice looking white free standing shelves on those adjustable rails so the set up looks pretty cool and good.

Finally the question... do you think I should take my whole collection down from the bedroom and move them into one collection room in my house? I don't want to freak out any new women i bring into my home. I have been on the fence about it for days now. Half of my friends and family say take them out of the bed room you will scare them, the other half say "you shouldn't have to chance for any women, They should like you for who you are if having your collection in your bedroom help make you happy then they should understand and appreciate it."

As collectors have any of you have been through a similar situation? What did you do? Even if you haven't had that situation what do you think I should do?

I don't know if this help with the answer but I am 26 I am in shape and I'm not a bad looking guy. I have a house all to my self and I have a pretty good paying job.

2. nobleboivin

nobleboivin Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Whatever you feel more comfortable with. Eventually she's going to see your collection no matter what.

3. Electro Rush

Electro Rush Just a guy waiting for the perfect Whirl

News Credits:
    I'd put them in their own collection room, if only cause they'd look cool as hell. Wish I could do that.

4. OptimusPrimeFour

True, and she would have to except me as a collector but I don't know if most women would be uncomfortable with having them in a bedroom. Maybe they would think it is childish or something i don't know.

5. deaculpa

deaculpa Stand Alone Complex

News Credits:
    i keep mine in a room away from the bed. i try to frame it as sentimentalism for my childhood but keep it in its corner. unless youre dating some DnD girl...

6. OptimusPrimeFour

I have most in the bed room cause it makes me happy. I did it ever since I started and it makes me feel at peace. I have my MP's and high quality figures in 6 glass detolfs in my living room which I think I don't need to take down because it looks so cool and more adult collector i should say. Then I have a big cabinet and a whole wall set up in my office room.

I have one room available that my friend moved out of. So if i do ultimately move them out of the bedroom it will go in the spare bedroom or the office room and that will be main collection room.

I'm just so confused with my emotions cause I loved this women so much and now she is out of my life and gone forever so I'm not thinking very clearly

7. OptimusPrimeFour

Whats a DnD girl?

8. OptimusPrimeFour

also my Bedroom besides the living room is the biggest room in the house. so i don't know if that helps. Im trying to state as much info as I can to see if you guys could steer me in the right direction i should go in.

9. Mixmaster

Mixmaster 4F 68 A0 54 69 74 73 21

News Credits:
    Dungeons and Dragons girl?

10. OptimusPrimeFour

oh ok sorry. I wish there was a dating site for people like us. Like meeting single girls at comicon with very similar interest.

11. DogFriedRice

DogFriedRice Well-Known Member

Not enough to go round.

All in one room gets my vote.
    That's how I have it. (Like I got a choice;) )

12. OptimusPrimeFour

But do you deep down inside are happy with that? I had a f*cked up life... Both my parents died. my brothers have abandoned me then my grandmother who took the place of as a parent to me died and now my friends and cousin are worried about my mind set. Im trying to stay strong. I love my collection a lot but I need to move on and find another women too. Im sorry if I'm venting my life. I just feel lost and hopeless right now and I don't know what to do.

13. Timothy.R

Timothy.R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    nah.. just keep em there.

you need a girl who will accept you.. maybe, just let her know what she's going to see. it's not like transformers are a whole bunch of creepy dolls whose heads turn on their own lol.

hell no.. no one would go in there to hang out.. it'd basically be a storage room.. now, if they're in the bedroom, you'll get to see them everyday, same with the living room.

i have mine spread out through the house.. the den, the living room, my bedroom, and my basement.

the stuff i'm in to at the time is in the den.. older stuff is in the basement, most of my stuff is in the living room, and my room looks like a child's room with toys everywhere lol.

14. DogFriedRice

DogFriedRice Well-Known Member

sounds like having a collection could help keep your mind of the awfull things. It'll give you a bit of "me" time.

Saying that, if you have it in one place it will act as a retreat and not become too big a part of your life. Like you say you got more imprtant things to concentrate on.

As for me...at first I was anoyed but after setting up my "retreat" (which was quite a fun thing to do) I found I enjoyed my collection more.

Edit:
    This is what I mean by having fun setting up my room -
    [​IMG]

15. kgorman79

kgorman79 WAVE POUNDER

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Completely agree with this. I went through exactly the same situation as you a couple of years ago. Long term relationship broke down, then had to enter the world of dating again. I stressed out over getting rid of or moving my collection (which was in the living room) but in the end decided that if i was going to be with someone they should know what i liked and i shouldn't have to hide it. In the end when i finally got brave and invited a girl round she loved that i was into something other than watching sport (which i do too!) and loved the collection. Now two years later we've just bought and moved into a house together. So i'd say that having the collection out in the open did me and my relationship prospects no harm :) 

Don't worry about venting, hey that's what the internet is for! And it's always a bit easier to vent to strangers.

Anyway man, good luck with the dating scene and keep collecting the plastic robots. Both should bring happiness to you :) 

16. onnsake

onnsake champ

News Credits:
    Dude.

Keep them in your bedroom. Mine are all in my bedroom, just a foot or so away from my "bed" (I sleep on a futon on the floor cause I live in Japan) and I still managed to get laid fairly recently.

You don't need to find a "geek" girl or anything like that. All you need to do is find one that's a decent, open-minded human being. Yeah, that's the real hard part, I know. But they're out there.

If a girl is interested in YOU, she's not gonna care that you collect toys. Any girl worth having in your life is more mature than that. It just takes time and effort to sift through the materialistic shallow ones, cause there are more of them out there than the good ones.

But the good ones ARE out there. It probably seems impossible to believe that now, with your broken heart, but it's a numbers game really. I know right now you can't imagine anyone will ever be better than your perfect wonderful ex that left you. Well, she's not perfect and wonderful, but you aren't ready to see that now.

I'll cut it short cause I don't want to be long winded and turn this into a relationship advice thread....so I'll just say keep the toys where they are. Be yourself. Be PROUD of who you are and don't feel the need to change for anyone.

And don't expect to find a new woman any time soon. It's a long process. It doesn't happen overnight and you really do need TIME, a hell of a lot of time, to heal.

17. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Depends on what it looks like in the bedroom, if it's nicely contained on a couple of shelves which doesn't impede the function of the room as a bedroom, then I'd say no problem.

But if it's obviously overspill from other area's of the house then perhaps it needs tidying up.

18. OptimusPrimeFour

lol i like your pic. Yea i don't know what to do.

19. OptimusPrimeFour

well to sum it up easy in my bedroom i put the shelves on any upper wall space that was free so above my bed. above the tv. above desk and above a free wall so its all waist level and higher on any open wall space in the bedroom

20. OptimusPrimeFour

beautifully put my friend. See now this makes me feel like not to move them out of the bedroom but like you said its hard to find a girl that cool with it and what about like a "one night stand" type of deal? I know finding another women that i can settle down with and is the right one but I know i can meet girls out there that just want to "have fun" and that i guess it what I'm probably most worried about. They could be all like " ok ready to do this?" then walk in and be like "never mind"