Need advice on selling collection

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Gazmondo, Dec 17, 2012.

1. Gazmondo

Gazmondo Member

I've finally made the decision to sell my G1 collection. It's mostly the first year release (prime,megs, hound, etc) with some others.
    I have all in the original boxes although some have seen better days. I've also got repro boxes for some and was wondering whether to sell them in the repro boxes with inserts or leave them in the original but battered boxes.
    Really not sure which way to go on this.

2. Moroni Prime

Moroni Prime #TFYLP Podcast

News Credits:
    Stay with the original boxes, you'll get more. Include the repro boxes as well, because lots of people buy those just for display purposes. I recommend going with "Iamratchet Toys" at iamratchet.com ([email protected]). He's very fast and reliable, has wonderful feedback on eBay, and great communication. Highly recommended.

3. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He wouldn't go by Moroni Prime on boards would he? :D 

I'd suggest an auction for each figure. 1st year G1 toys tend to have the most demand so no need to group them up like later TF lines.

4. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Keep them in the originals, offer the repro boxes alongside them for display purposes. Stress that the repro boxes are, in fact, repro boxes and not originals so you have plausible deniability in case someone complains later.

5. Moroni Prime

Moroni Prime #TFYLP Podcast

News Credits:
    No, he wouldn't. I happen to live across town from Iamratchet. I am Moroni Prime (formerly Dominas Prime) here, and on allspark.com . I am also Dominaxx on youtube, don't forget to subscribe to my videos. You can also follow me on facebook and on twitter. Just ask Superquad7, he'll vouch for me.

Iamratchet is a good friend of mine, I've dealt with him for over 3 years now, and have yet to ever get a raw deal.