Heavy/Scratch: NebulanFree's CHUG Scorponok

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by NebulanFree, Apr 23, 2012.

1. NebulanFree

NebulanFree Destron Saboteur

News Credits:
    Hi everyone. This is my first custom post. I have been working on him for a while, and he is nowhere near complete. There have been a lot of great Scorponok customs before this one using this mold and all of them have inspired me in some way. Thank you. C & C's are always welcome. I have a lot more irons in the fire at the moment; I just felt like sharing this one first. Cheers.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. kregon

kregon Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I never would have thought of crossing the two bodies like this. The claws seem really appropriate. How much articulation do you have in the arms? I can't wait to see how this turns out!

3. zodconvoy

zodconvoy Well-Known Member

It looks great so far. The only thing you might want to do is break up that purple with some detailing. Since it's such a standout bright purple, maybe some dark gray on the circles?

4. Spyne98

Spyne98 Host of the Rock Nerd Radio Show

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Awesome! I like the idea you have here. Now I wish I didn't sell my Energon Scorponok

5. NebulanFree

NebulanFree Destron Saboteur

News Credits:
    Thanks for the comments, everyone. I had hoped to give him a bit of a modern Marvel G1 vibe. Scorponok still transforms and Zarak is coming along nicely. I will post more as progress continues.

The shoulders and biceps are from an E-Megatron, so he retains that articulation (shoulders, biceps) and his claws rotate at the wrists. He retains his G1 donor's "thumb" joint, so he has a decent range of motion

I had planned to break up the purple with a little more orange (a la the G1 toy) and some gray as you suggested.

Thanks again.

6. autobot prowl

autobot prowl Well-Known Member

Looks awesome so far. Props for using the G1 claws.