NBC's Tim Russert of “Meet the Press” dead at 58

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by netkid, Jun 13, 2008.

1. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25145431/

Holy Crap.:eek: 

I never watched this guy's show, but he was always featured on NBC Nightly News.

Poor fella just dropped dead. My coldolences to his family, friends, and anyone who was fond of his work in journalism.

PLEASE, Let's keep this thread non-political and just journalism based. A well-known man has died suddenly and unexpectedly for pete's sake. Honor the dead with respect. Thank You.

-Netkid

2. Bendimus Prime

Bendimus Prime Rolls for initiative

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Wow, that's too bad. I watched Meet the Press from time to time, and I enjoyed it.

RIP

3. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Leader Blackout LIVES!!!

News Credits:
    WOW! Just heard the news. He will be missed, even though I didn't always agree with his POV.

RIP

4. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

Just heard at work. That's unbelievable. I'm not a big fan of the network's news department, but generally liked him and am saddened by this.

5. Deceptikitty

Deceptikitty all about the hasubandos

My mom just emailed me about this. I was truly shocked - he was a great journalist, and he kind of became a familiar face on TV to me. RIP, you'll be missed.

I heard Mr. Brokaw was having a hard time reading the report. :( 

6. Dr Wheeljack

Dr Wheeljack Well-Known Member

Dam i am going to miss him.

7. funkatron101

funkatron101 TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    sucky. I liked him

8. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

This was a total WTF moment for me. If I was gonna make a list of people I expect to possibly drop dead, he wouldn't be on my list.

I liked him a lot. I always felt his interviews were newsworthy and respectful while being hard-hitting. He was one of the last from the 'old school' commentators. Now they are all commentators by being an abrasive opinionated A-hole.

I highly recommend reading his book. He was an interesting guy. I am gonna miss him this election cycle.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2008
  9. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My condolences to his family. While its always surprising when a celebrity or someone you know dies, with his probably stressfull job and age, a heart attack isn't too surprising.

10. Sky Shark

Sky Shark Well-Known Member

I found out about this when I woke up at 3:50 today...great real mood kill for a birthday. My condolences to his friends and family. I saw him on the primary coverage several times and thought he did a very good job. Today truly is a sad day, may he rest in peace. If anyone is interested they are covering this on MSNBC right now, just throwing that out there.

11. ErechOveraker

ErechOveraker I'm with Plowking.

News Credits:
    Wow, he'd been a part of my weekend routine forever. This is very shocking. Good guy, and as good a journalist as you could expect in this day and age. Will be very missed I'm sure.

12. Omega Charge

Omega Charge CHARGE ON

News Credits:
    Very sad. I will miss him.

Rest in peace, Tim.

13. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

I didn't hear about this until the 5:30 broadcast and I'm just completely fucking stunned. One of the best journalists there ever was or will be. I watched Meet the Press practically every Sunday, and he was on in some capacity almost daily on MSNBC. It's not going to be the same without him.

14. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I didn't hear about it till late last night and it stunned the shit out of me. He was a familiar face, and one of those journalists that always managed to find a way in to your home, whether you watched his show or not (he was on EVERY network doing something at some point).

RIP.

15. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I was shocked when I heard this yesterday. My wife's grandfather died at the same age, 58, and also from a heartattack. It's never cool when someone dies so young.

16. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    It shocked me too when I heard that he died yesterday. :(  I always knew him as the guy who was on "Meet the Press", but now I know there was a lot more to him. What a great man.

Godspeed, Tim Russert.

17. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

What, exactly?

The guy is dead. Because he was a public figure, I suppose it's notable, but after it's announced, what's the story? Why the constant tributes and retrospectives?

At least I'm not still hearing about Heath Ledger...

18. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was surprised how much cross over there was between NBC/MSNBC and CNN. When I turned on the TV last night to check out some news programing I was stunned to hear about it. Just one of those out the blue things. Scary part is he's the same age as my parents.

Some nice links.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  19. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    Because he had a family. I didn't know that. The guy had a wife and a kid who was graduating. It would have sucked if my dad couldn't be at my graduation. It's also because people liked him since he was a humble guy. He always got the job done, whether it be raising a family, or doing his job on Meet the Press...I'm surprised that you seem to have no heart towards him. That's sadistic and cruel in my opinion.

20. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

He had a family, so there's a lot more to him and he's a great man?

How many people die young and unexpectedly with families on any given day? Are they great men deserving of (48 hours of unrelenting) media coverage?

And he's humble and always got the job done? You sound like you hung out with him. Okay, he raised his family. But you're supposed to do that. And he did his job on his show. You're supposed to do that do. Neither one makes him worthy of "great man" status.

Far as sadistic and cruel, you can have whatever opinion you want, but it's either wrong or based on completely inaccurate definitions of those words.