National Treasure Disney + series

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Rodimus74, May 7, 2020.

1. Rodimus74

Rodimus74 Well-Known Member

2. VictoryLeo19

VictoryLeo19 Well-Known Member

This could be cool.

3. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    This would be awesome if it had a Jack Ryan feel to it.

4. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    Also something worth noting, this is NOT replacing National Treasure 3.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:

6. Rodimus74

Rodimus74 Well-Known Member

No thanks. Pointless without Cage. Should've just done one more movie to complete the trilogy.

• Like Like x 1
  7. SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47 生死有命,富貴在天

News Credits:
  8. Swoop Dogg

Swoop Dogg Hi Yukio!

News Credits:
    I've seen both episodes so far but I'm not feeling it too much. It's just ok. I'll keep watching for now.

Some thoughts:

The opening credit scenes are a blatant rip off of Game of Thrones.

Typical modern Disney/Hollywood take: White men = BAD (or stupid), everybody else = good (or smart). The fat slurpee sucking owner of the storage facility is a glaring example of this. So is the shoe loving boyfriend who needs to be rescued. So is the bathroom scene where Tasha admonishes the cop for questioning her on why she is in the men's bathroom. So is the FBI supervisor who chides the new female agent. Jess is the super smart DACA kid with a heart of gold who pretty much solves every puzzle/clue on her first guess. I could keep going on and on but you get the point. I know - who gives a shit really? It just gets a bit tiresome especially when it is so blatantly obvious and repetitive you know? It's like if you hated how things were before and you go 180 degrees in the opposite direction, that isn't right either. Whatever. Have fun with it Disney/Hollywood. Your diversity boxes have been checked off.

With that said, I did like the Tess and Tasha characters. The boyfriends are stupid and annoying as hell.

One thing that really did bug me - the apartment that the girls lived in. Apparently the landlord raised the rent and the girls are having trouble making ends meet. That apartment is sweet looking - no way financially struggling people (with low paying jobs) would live in an apartment like that.

My wife watched a few minutes and thought the acting was shit - she then left the room. Take that for whatever it is worth.

It was cool seeing Sadusky again. Looking forward to seeing Riley again.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Same reason I turned off Dark Angel back when it premiered in 2000. Literally every guy in the show was various degrees of stupid, evil, incompetent, disloyal, weak, cowardly, etc., while every girl in the show was perfect. I don’t mind a girl-power show, but damn if they didn’t make sure to lay it on thick, how completely worthless all the men were.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    Yeah, I thought some of the dialogue was just cringe. I really wished Sadusky would have played a more important and longer role...but whatever. I watched the first two episodes and it's just cheese. I might watch the rest of it, but I'd have to have nothing else to watch before I go back to try to watch whatever else whenever else.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    We watched the first two episodes tonight and I'm not sure what I think of it so far. I really feel like both episodes could have been one as it's very slow paced. Somewhat boring.

I see I'm not the only one that thought of Game of Thrones with its opening, only it couldn't even have music as good as that.

12. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Being forced to watch this as I type, not a fan.

• Like Like x 1
  13. VictoryLeo19

VictoryLeo19 Well-Known Member

Good freaking lord. I’m not kidding I couldn’t sit through 5 minutes of this show. Harvey kietel must have been struggling for money bad. He phones in those lines like he’s reading the newspaper.

not even remotely interested in trying it again

• Like Like x 2
  14. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I really tried, but this show is so forced and awful, watched the first 3-4 eps then gave up. They make every mundane situation into a cheese escape room puzzle and it's beyond trite and stupid. Also, Elvis for some reason.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2023
  15. MegaPrime33

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I only watched the first ep and then decided it was enough for me. Let's hope they make a new movie with Cage because I enjoyed the first two.

16. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    What did the series do differently from the movies for you to quit after one episode?

I mean, the series isn't exactly amazing, but it's no better or worse than the movies.

17. MegaPrime33

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I disagree. I think the chemistry is lacking in the series than there was in the movies. Acting abilities also aren't as good or spot on, plus the writing.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Well it's a TV show, the actors and writers are going to get better as they continue on. It's one of the reasons why I don't think any TV show should ever be canceled in its first season. No one can grow and find their footing on the first go.

Even Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul, Tales from the Crypt and The Highlander faltered in their first seasons. I really think the only show to have ever come out banging right from the start is The Twilight Zone.

19. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    I disagree. The writing is turning me off. Though I see they're trying to mirror the feel of the movies, and I can appreciate that...but the dialogue and how they have this "Villain" in Catherine Zeta Jones is sorely lacking. Her acting? Is I guess, what I've come to expect from seeing her prior movies. Don't hate it, but I'm not exactly "excited" by it at all. It feels plain...and blah. The kids? I get it....but...it almost feels like they're trying too hard.

As for any TV shows that have ever come out banging right from the start? I have a few in mind. Married With Children is one of them.

• Like Like x 1
  20. DrTraveler

DrTraveler Wheeljack, Wheeljack, Wheeljack

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The chemistry is definitely off. I watched the first episode too and I’m not likely to continue. There’s a certain level of over the top cheese that Cage brought to a movie that’s pretty so so. The show is written about on par with the movies but has more even keel actors. And that was a mistake.

• Like Like x 2