Nates Toys and Collectibles sketchy closure

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by TransformerFanatic, Sep 9, 2021.

1. TransformerFanatic

TransformerFanatic When a spark goes online, there is great joy...

Hi all,

I haven't seen any discussion yet on here about this. Did any of you buy from Nate's Toys and Collectibles?

Nate was a FaceBook transformer dealer who I found out about from TF reviewers. I believe from Tman978 and TMReviews. He seemed reliable for the first few months that I dealt with him. For the last couple months though - he has been dodging messages and ignoring refund requests. Recently he has started blocking customers and limiting who can comment on his facebook posts. It's a very bad look.

I'm out of a few hundred bucks with him which really sucks but I will live. What sucks just as much for me is that the figures that I want have dried up other places now and will be difficult to find at reasonable prices. I'll probably just pass on them now.

Have any of you had any dealings with Nate? I thought it might be good to get a dialogue started here for others that are having problems.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Teletran-1

Teletran-1 Wellest-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've seen other people on FB complaining about it, not getting items that came out a while back. I've never dealt with him but it sounds like he agreed to fulfil the orders people already had with him but he was getting out of the biz?

• Like Like x 1
  3. TransformerFanatic

Yeah, that's right. He agreed to fill orders then get out. He's leaving messages unread or unanswered though. He didn't answer for a whole month and said it was because he had gotten married. Now there's another 3 week hiatus in communication.

Items that were "in stock" months ago haven't shipped. His timelines constantly shift.

Most worryingly, he's started deleting comments on facebook and blocking people. He limited who can comment on his posts as well.

I definitely smell some bad scents in the air.

The filing fee in California is only $30 but I don't live there :'(

• Like Like x 1
  4. timcrook

timcrook Well-Known Member

I believe one of the rules on this forum is don't bring other disputes here, leave it in Facebook forums. Doesn't seem worth it to buy from Facebook to save a couple dollars.

• Like Like x 2
  5. TransformerFanatic

Yeah, that's fair I suppose. This might fall under rule 10.

I'm not about to dry-snitch and name them, but there are other similair threads about stores/retailers/dealers that closed or operate in good or bad ways so I think my post might be okay. I'm not discussing a particular deal that I had fall through. I was trying to see if there were other TFW members in the same situation.

We obviously can't discuss openly on his FB page. As I've said, he's blocking customers and limiting posts.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Starman

Starman Beyond your wildest imagination

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Didn't his wife die last year? I seem to remember he closed the store for a few months to deal with her death.

I had one pre-order with him and since it was only $10 I just wrote it off.

• Like Like x 1
  7. TransformerFanatic

Yeah, thats true. The dude has dealt with a lot in the last 2 years. There's no doubt about that.

He's also remarried at this point. That definitely takes time and focus away from the buisness.

I don't know for a fact that he's gone rogue. He's just been acting very sketchy since the closure of his shop.i wanted to see if any other TFW members are in the same situation.

But TBH, there's not as much of a response as I was expecting.

Also... just to address this more salty part of your comment...

Nate was known for being able to import bots from overseas that were dried up at American retail and international Chinese retail.

Not everything is about saving a buck...

8. HeroicVillain

HeroicVillain Well-Known Member

I think you should be able to post this here considering the circumstances as it can be a good resource for information on the topic. Sucks you might be out some money, but the worse thing can be that sliver of hope in the back of your mind that maybe, just maybe, you'll get that piece after a long delay. Best of luck!

• Like Like x 4
  9. Teletran-1

News Credits:
    Yeah it seems relevant because lots of TF video reviewers were promoting this guy. Tman, TM Reviews, wasn't Skullface getting his FT stuff from Nate too?

• Like Like x 2
  10. Moos Crew

Moos Crew I make stuff

Wait so this is the toy guy?

• Like Like x 1
  11. TransformerFanatic

I don't think that BSF ever mentioned him, but I'm pretty certain that Tman and TMReviews both did (not that I hold them accountable! Just pointing out that this guy mightve sold to our community a good bit).

Not Nick TTG, no. Different FB dealer. I can link to his page when I get home

Link: Log into Facebook

• Like Like x 1
  12. Teletran-1

News Credits:
    Ah whoops, confusing my single name toy guys getting shoutouts in videos, thanks!

• Like Like x 3
  13. Chrisola

Chrisola Solid crotch ratchet

News Credits:
    I've seen some random comments in FB feeds but not someone i've dealt with.

I guess TP re-sellers is probably a good scam these days. Offer releases, take money, run. Difficult for collectors to navigate, so i think your (and other) threads are warranted for the good of the community.

• Like Like x 2
  14. FiveThousand

FiveThousand Well-Known Member

I understand he was going to another city in order to get chemo for his own sickness. Hence why he closed up every other week. Supposedly.

Not completely defending him at this point as he's read my messages but has yet to reply. It's rather bothersome. I'm trying to be patient for purchased items, especially if they are already in route.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Calabask

Calabask Waspinator Cultist

News Credits:
    Hrm. This is interesting and something I'm going to need to look into. I remember him from a Transformer Raffle Group on Facebook. I think he got his start there, but not sure if he's been active there recently, since I've not watched it for a while. This is a bit concerning though if true.

So, update on my post. Nate was kicked from that group some time ago, and owes at least one Admin some figures too. So, yeah, seems like Nate went down a bad path for whatever reason more or less.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Nyarlahotep

Nyarlahotep Radicon Scourge

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I bought an FT Sovereign and pre-ordered FT Outrider from Nate - the Sovereign arrived as advertised, but as we know Outrider hasn't been released yet. My experience has been good so far.

17. TJDetweiler13

TJDetweiler13 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My cousin back in the states ordered from him before - now he is waiting for $1500 bucks worth of pre orders that he knows he would not fulfill, out of luck with 90 day paypal :( 

Maybe the tactic was - gain alot of trust then after gaining that trust, bamm, see ya!

• Like Like x 2
  18. TransformerFanatic

NTC has finally deleted his FB account. The scam is out in the open now. Stinks that I got got... but I'll be more careful from now on.

I'm going to pursue small claims court if it seems viable. I have Nate's full name and address (hopefully still current...). I think that Cali will let us Zoom into court. The only issue is that we need to hire someone to serve Nate papers.

If anyone else wants to try to combine resources and serve this asshole, please let me know here or via DM.

19. Atomic Tofu

Atomic Tofu Well-Known Member

YouTube (Legacy):
    Sorry to read you got the "shaft"...oftentimes we get told stories to blind us while delays are getting worked tactically...who knows what's real when someone says it anymore...maybe there were no marriages, chemo or deaths.

• Like Like x 3
  20. FiveThousand

FiveThousand Well-Known Member

AH damn!

I'm out 860$. If small claims is do-able then throw my hat in the ring.

Looks as if he made a new personal account as well.

I am kinda wondering if he spent all that money on a mail-order bride. Seeing as re-married like 6 months after is wife allegedly passed away last year.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 2