By Generation: Nasty Panel Gaps Fix for the Masterpiece Lamborghinis

Discussion in 'Tutorials and How Tos' started by megabotatronius, Sep 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. megabotatronius

megabotatronius Master of Disassembly

Ebay:
    [​IMG]

Here's a quick and easy way to close up those terrible panel gaps on your Masterpiece Lamborghini.

[​IMG]

The main spine of the Lamborghini mold is the root of this problem, as it is a more flexible plastic. I believe that perhaps when these parts were cooling, the "arms" of the spine sagged a bit, resulting in these panel gaps that everyone has been reporting.

Fortunately, there is an easy way to fix this!

1. Partially transform your Lamborghini just enough to get at the screw holding the roof section on, and take that puppy out a’ there. Place the roof in a safe place, where it won't get stepped on:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Get the feet out of the way, or even go as far as opening up the legs and get them away from the black spine piece:

[​IMG]

3. Turn on some hot tap water. What you want to do is gently flex the plastic "arms" of the spine (the figures arms are attached to the "arms" of the spine) while running them under hot water. Not flex them back and forth, but rather, hold them in a bowed position while gently heating the plastic. It won't take very long, so don't overdo it. I like to keep my fingers under the water to monitor the temperature, but I can stand some hot water, so your mileage may vary.

[​IMG]

4. Once the plastic is noticeably easy to flex, take it out of the hot water, and switch the tap to full on cold, and hold the "arms" in position and cool it off. This needs to be done fast.

5. Dry that bad boy off, put him back together, and enjoy!

[​IMG]

This figure had a little extra plastic on the lower hinge of the roof, removing this closed the gap even more:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

No, mine is official. My sideswipe suffered the same problem, and so did many other folks'. It’s not an engineering mistake, it’s just hot plastic that sagged when it cooled.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.