"Mythic Legions" by the Four Horsemen

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Vasili, Mar 6, 2014.

1. offrampclimber

offrampclimber Tree Fiddy

Finally got mine today! Hopefully yours is in your inbox too.
    So weird that the hands and feet packs sold out so quickly. Love the little guy, though! Did they put any scent into the plastic?

2. Soupy

Soupy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I got my backer kit too. There's no smell on the Mythic Stinkor or Moss Man

3. allew

allew Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    • Like Like x 2
  4. WeVoCoN

WeVoCoN Well-Known Member

Friendly reminder that the pre-order on the Cosmic Legions wave closes on Sunday. They’ve added some additional head sculpts since the last post on this chain.

My ISS for Arethyr arrives on Sunday and about three weeks till LegionCon. Glad I only want Zartan from PulseCon, otherwise, it could be a really expensive weekend.

Eh, let me strike a more positive attitude: It WILL be an expensive weekend.

• Like Like x 2
  5. offrampclimber

New exclusive figure announced for their LegionsCon:

sir-girard.jpeg

The skeleton head is going to be exclusive to their con, but the other will be available in their store at a later date (no more info given on that). Sounds like they'll also be showing off the next big Mythic Legions wave during the con, which will hopefully include the next Horseman...

I hope the normal version of this figure also comes with a bucket-head, so that it matches the Templar theme, or you may be able to take one from the red shield soldier and put it on this figure.

(If anyone knows a more specific name for the red-cross-on-black themed knights, please feel free to correct me ;)  )

• Like Like x 3
  6. DukeFett

DukeFett Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I love the skeleton head on that guy.

• Like Like x 1
  7. DukeFett

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Got some horses!

• Like Like x 9
  8. offrampclimber

I love the detail that the 4H put into their figures, but for some reason I laugh to myself every time I see that bedroll behind the saddle on the demon horse... like the embodiment of War just unrolls it every night when setting up camp? :D 

• Like Like x 2
  9. DukeFett

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Haha yeah, it is kind of funny. I thought it was odd too they gave 2 swords and 2 shields to Aethon and just 1 set to Balius. Like Arethyr isn't using those swords when he's got his big fire one haha.

10. Bryan Thornton

Bryan Thornton Well-Known Member

Came home to this sitting on my porch. Forgot I had ordered this, whatever wave he is I guess is filling now.
    20211103_181207.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  11. DukeFett

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Nice, it's the All Stars 4 wave. I did an all in for that one, it should be here this week I think. I didn't get a shipping notice either, just saw on the FedEx account.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Bryan Thornton

Yeah it was odd in the past ,which has only been twice, they sent me shipping notices. This one I got nothing, he just was here out of the blue.

13. DukeFett

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    [​IMG]

Got the All In today, interesting figure, it doesn't feel so much like it's flocked as it has a lot of little crap glued to it. All the dots on the ground are from messing with him for a few minutes. Maybe just the initial bits but we'll see. The color is definitely darker IMO than the solicitation pics, I don't mind too much on that end.

Also without his shoulder pauldrons, there's a little bit of the shoulders not flocked, which is understandable for articulation.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Bryan Thornton

He doesn't look like it was flocked so much as stuff glued like you described. Sort of like green sandpaper grit looking.

• Like Like x 1
  15. DukeFett

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Yeah, it's not hard/gritty as if it were actual sand, I think it might be tiny bits of rubber or something like that.

16. offrampclimber

I noticed that too; it's definitely a rubbery-like flock. I think the Moss Man homage figure ended up being the standout of the All-Star 4 wave, mostly because he's something new we haven't seen in this line yet.

Got mine earlier this week. Getting them in-hand, the knight (Sir Owain) is definitely the most boring one, but the overall wave felt kind of boring too. I guess I was spoiled by the awesome figures in Arethyr wave, and now I'm seeing all the parts re-use on the 4 re-release figures. The green skeleton (Scaphoid) looks the best, but doesn't really match my skeleton warrior collection now, having the bright colors compared to the normal bone coloring of the rest. It's all relative, too, as a "boring" Mythic Legions wave is still better looking than a boring Marvel Legends MCU wave *cough* Eternals *cough*

Also, the forest troll is HUGE. I guess I didn't realize how big they were. Not sure I'll be keeping that one, as I don't have the shelf space for it. :D 

17. DukeFett

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Yeah I was absolutely disappointed with the All Stars Choices, I just did the All In since I wanted the troll and everything was a little cheaper. I'm just going to sell most of the wave.

18. WeVoCoN

WeVoCoN Well-Known Member

I had none of the All-Star figures, being newer to the line at the time, so I went all-in+. My current rationale is that there will always be somebody new or late to the party that would take a figure off my hands and better to buy at pre-sale than bbts market rate. The all-in slight discount is even better. At the least, I have custom fodder or trade bait for the future.

I haven’t had time yet to pull them out and play, but that may be because there wasn’t anything in the wave that I was dying to get. I was excited for the skeletons but Tibius < Brother Mandibulus. I have a few extra Vitus incoming as I hope to do some custom work with him.

What I think is evident with the all-star wave is just how much progress they’ve made since the earlier waves. Magnus compares favorably to Sir Owain. Even the upcoming LB Skeleton compares favorably to Tibius. None of them are bad, just not as dynamic as newer waves.

What I can say with 100% confidence is that a Tibius head and a Scaphoid head will be popped into some Cosmic T.U.5.C.C. Sentry suits. I have some Doctor Who Vashta Nerada homages to bang out.
    94B092BB-E834-4376-AB0A-C5A1D500E9B5.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  19. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

Dang it… there go my hopes of going complete on the Skeleton faction. Ah well.

20. allew

allew Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    G-Con is tomorrow with the Poxxus wave reveal and preorder. Besides the strongly hinted magic user types, if I see some snake / lizard people, genies/djinn, werewolves and female shadow elves I’ll be happy!

• Like Like x 1