"Mythic Legions" by the Four Horsemen

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Vasili, Mar 6, 2014.

1. col

col Artobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sorry these didn’t live up to expectations so far. For the belts, you have to pop the figure off at the waist if you want it around there, or pop their head off if you want to have it go across their chest.

Here’s a link to an faq about the capes: Instructions on how to attach Mythic Legions capes

2. rob_charb

rob_charb Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ah, gotcha. Thanks.

3. DukeFett

DukeFett Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    To me, some are worth $50, but then there are some that aren't. Getting in at $35/figure for most of the releases makes them a bit better buys and makes me feel better about them. I probably wouldn't be so into them if I was paying BBTS retail price for everything.

• Like Like x 1
  4. WeVoCoN

WeVoCoN Well-Known Member

The $35 direct price influences my tolerance levels too. When you get them at that price, even if you hate them, you’re pretty likely to find somebody to take that figure off your hands and break even.

I don’t think every figure is a home run, but when they get one right, it really is amazing (Mandibulus) And there is something for everybody. Goblins and dwarves aren’t my jam, but for those that like em, there are a lot of options. I like that they provide a lot of female figures, but have to reconcile that the feet/ankles on the smaller bodies are problematic. I ordered both of the ones you have but they haven’t come in yet. I don’t have a particular affinity for she-ra, but I like the effort for what is essentially a repaint/retool of existing parts.

Good luck with the cape.

• Like Like x 1
  5. col

col Artobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Four Horsemen really lucked out with the All Star winners. All four plus Lord Draguul have the same armor for the lower legs, gauntlets, wastes, and shoulder pauldrons. Three of them have that spiked collar, three have the long loin cloth, three have the same armored feet, two have hooves, and two have the dragon for the top of the helmet. Didn’t occur to me how much similarity there was between these five ‘til I had them in front of me.
    27BE8CC3-AB12-4240-AED9-93C8576BE1C6.jpeg 145FD0A8-E454-47EC-9509-79B8060211F2.jpeg 501A9747-AB29-48CD-8039-4D22E428B38A.jpeg 5DC4C9FF-4C07-45BE-AC74-9D5B57C9E033.jpeg AB446FCA-96D9-4E91-AA3E-BD7008F75A3E.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  6. SmokePants

SmokePants Well-Known Member

It might have saved some guys at the factory a little bit of hassle, but I'm sure they billed 4HD the same rate for these figures that they would have billed them for a wave of figures with different parts. They didn't save any money.

7. DukeFett

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Did you get the All Stars 3 wave already delivered? I have a label created, but don't see any package movement.

8. col

col Artobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, did my first All-In, and those get shipped out first.

22A78938-8AF3-468E-9D11-A902A896DA37.jpeg

60796CF0-DA78-40A6-BC95-43E92634C436.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  9. DukeFett

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Nice! I didn't really have interest in the MOTU remakes, but got everyone else. In retrospect I should've ordered 1 all in and then some additional figures. No big deal but hopefully will have them next week since they haven't shipped yet.

• Like Like x 1
  10. DukeFett

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mythic Legions are doing a game kickstarter, and are definitely doing some enticing stuff lol to go along with it. I don't know if I really need many orcs but there's so many parts here, they both look awesome. I wonder how they're going to handle the figures and the game. I'm honestly not too interested in a game, but they're going to do the full reveal tomorrow so maybe it'll win me over. But I'll be supporting it to get these figures no matter what haha.

• Like Like x 1
  11. offrampclimber

offrampclimber Tree Fiddy

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    They've also revealed a couple of deluxe elf figures, which I assume will also have similar accessory counts. I agree, the game doesn't look that interesting...

billboard-tactics6_1.jpg

12. Drangleic

Drangleic Banned

If it's an RPG I'm not interested. Action RPG maybe, but those are often not good too.

Orc Legion builders though. Those I'd like.

13. redrum2581

redrum2581 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Ah the disrespect I love rpgs, well old school traditional ff1-X type, old school turn base that aren't really made anymore now I'm just metrodvania now. Almost done with my Darksiders inspired War so I really need BBTS to get that Aeyther Horse in already and sent to me, War will need his steed

• Like Like x 1
  14. DukeFett

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I've seen some mention it's probably a mobile game, which makes a lot more sense for the graphics they've shown. I thought the graphics in clips they've shown so far looked awful if they were supposed to be a PC game or something.

15. Drangleic

Drangleic Banned

The screenshots in the newsletter remind me of Oblivion, if anyone remembers that game. If it's open world like that it might be kind of cool (but also probably not).

Hopefully better AI than Oblivion though. :lol  Anyone who's played it understands.

16. DukeFett

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Yeah Oblivion was an Elder Scrolls game, there's NO way anything they put out will be anything like an open world Elder Scrolls game.

• Like Like x 1
  17. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For me its the articulation...it doesn’t seems to flow as well as other action figure lines...

Its kind of weird to type that as I feel that the Horsemen did an amazing job with the sculpting.

For me, I’m putting this line on hold...I think I’ll wait until they release a dragon figure of sorts...

• Like Like x 1
  18. Drangleic

Drangleic Banned

My All-stars finally shipped. I had to look at what I ordered because it's been so long.

19. DukeFett

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I got my shipping notice too yesterday, can't wait!

4H revealed their game last night, for PC/mobile, it's turn based strategy. Looks ok enough but it's a ways off from being done.

Mythic Legions Tactics – War of the Aetherblade – Forge Horsemen

$100,000 funding needed, which I think they'll go through, but the campaign ends February 1st. Base game is $30, deluxe is $50. And then there's the four deluxe legion builders; male/female orcs and elves. $54 each and they confirmed in the Mythic Legions Cabal Facebook group that you don't need to buy the game to get the figures. I swore they'd make that a requirement, but good job on them for that.

All the builder figures are shown here: Mythic Legions War of the Aetherblade wave - Four Horsemen Studios

20. col

col Artobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I’m surprised they put this up so soon after the Illythia preorders, and with such a small window to get their game funded. I’ll have a hard time scrounging up the funds for the deluxe builders. Don’t have any interest in the game.