"Mythic Legions" by the Four Horsemen

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Vasili, Mar 6, 2014.

1. Roufuss

Roufuss Shots

News Credits:
    Damn, I love it, I bought it, but we really need more than 24 hours notice for a $120 charge up front figure.

• Like Like x 8
  2. Bryan Thornton

Bryan Thornton Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I get that figures are getting more expensive but some of us still have to budget. An unexpected drop in the 3 digit range sucks these days. At least it wasn't like what mezco did though dropping a $400 item out of the blue. Even if that set had been worthy that is a massive surprise drop.

• Like Like x 6
  3. Roufuss

Roufuss Shots

News Credits:
    Yea, between NECA, Mezco, and 4H, this is a practice that is becoming more common and really needs to stop.

I’m about to get hit for a number of Hasbro items, it’s fine because I budgeted, but dropping a $120 set out of nowhere blows that budget lol. I could cancel the Hasbro stuff but it’s stuff I’ve wanted for years at this point.

And once this Anubis set is gone you know it will be more than $120 on the aftermarket to get, it’s too good.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Sirtank

Sirtank Well-Known Member

I wasn't expecting a 2-pack, that's for sure. Still grabbed a set though. I guess it's a good thing my half assed attempt at getting an imperial commando Hot Toys figure from Sideshow yesterday didn't pan out. The Horsemen doing more Egyptian figures makes me want to dig the rest of the Scarabus figures out of storage. I've got Anubos and Horos out on a shelf, but the other 4-5 figures I own from the line are in a tote somewhere.

• Like Like x 4
  5. redrum2581

redrum2581 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    While it doesn't look better than the TBLeague ver. it scales better than it so there was no way i was turning down 2 African Gods, bought on site :D  i've been hoping the finish the journey to the west and not just do a one of but i'd love it more if they just did a Jade Emperor, there's no rhyme of reason to the FOs so i'm just gonna get what calls to me

Yeah i was sold immediately on this set

don't stress it.....they gotta release a some so they can start prepping the appreciation repaints, so you'll have another chance again with a better timeline prob next yr

• Like Like x 3
  6. Nutimus Prime

Nutimus Prime Always collecting :)

I just can't decide if I want Anubis and Bastet. They look great but not a need now kinda thing. Of course I've said that before then wanted it later.

If I do end up wanting them after they sell out the wait for the retailer version will suck and/or I might not like the deco. :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  7. SmokePants

SmokePants Well-Known Member

I'm passing. I usually like the retailer versions better, anyway. And I'm not really a fan of the unarmored female figures in this line. If it was just Anubis being offered, I might have gone for it.

And to me, gods need to be larger than standard humans in the scale. I understand the Horsemen are working with the parts library they have, but it doesn't work for me.

They're beautiful from afar, though.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Wheeljoker

Wheeljoker Well-Known Member

It'll be interesting to see what the retailer exclusive set looks like. I think for the most part they have been more interesting than the original decos. I did grab this set though.

• Like Like x 4
  9. redrum2581

Ebay:
    that's an interesting point i hadn't thought about, while i'm sure they went with them being sized with Sun Wukong, it would be cool to get a FO at Ogre scale, maybe the next one could be something along those lines, it's impossible to predict them as they're all over the place from X-mas to Halloween, to Chinese mythology to now Egyptian mythology plus 2 books, they can literally go anywhere and usually do, while i wish there was a central theme to the FO i get that the central theme is it's some "Obscured" character

• Like Like x 2
  10. Pride21

Pride21 Honor Wisdom Virtue

I could see the retailer versions changing the skin tone.

Perhaps black?

Also, I'm leaning towards this base:

pl-2023-223p1__83129.jpg

And these poses:

9B19D5F3-209C-464C-9E8A-F52C079FE7E0_800x.jpg
    il_570xN.4640155422_jyoc.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  11. redrum2581

Ebay:
    if they do them in black skin i'd def buy the repaints as well

the big question is do we have 2 more FOs to go before the repaints or 1? the 2pk and an Ogre scale would be the perfect set up for the appreciation repaints

• Like Like x 3
  12. Pride21

Same.

I do like the darker skin tone.

Since for the most part, that's how they were presented.

A human body, with a animal's head:

s331017874329373411_p656_i1_w3024.jpeg

egyptian-goddess-bastet.jpg

Edit -

I just checked the website.

They are currently sold out.

Earliest I could purchase them is July.

Which will be a nice early birthday gift.

My birthday is in August.

From what I recall, the base is not available till December.

Last edited: May 18, 2024
    • Like Like x 4
  13. Bryan Thornton

News Credits:
    Don't know if they actually sold out or they took them down. These are two timed drops today so I could see them ending the times they are open for order, especially on the drop thos morning. I don't know what time the second drop was/is scheduled for.

In the past didn't they do the reapints before they even announced the next obscura figure? I want to say in the past that is how it went.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Pride21

It is a timed release.

Over the course of 2 days.

I usually wait until payday (the 1st).

Then I purchase the figure on eBay.

Since I have to budget my money for the month.

Can't wait until the middle of the month.

To spend $120 plus shipping on something.

15. redrum2581

Ebay:
    no what i mean is they the repaints are done in groups of 3, the first set was the Red Krampus, Green Claus, and Spectral HHM, than the 2nd 3 group is Jacob, Sun Wukong, and Red Death. This is what makes me question how many we're gonna get for the next set of repaints, a group of 3 as in 2 releases with 3 figures bcuz of the 2pk or 3 releases which would be 4 figures bcuz of the 2pk

my dream would be the 2pk and a FO Ogre scaled figure, actually i'd ask for something crazy like a Ogre 2pk how bout Paul Bunyan and Babe

• Like Like x 1
  16. Pride21

Last edited: May 20, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Bryan Thornton

News Credits:
    They came in 3s? I didn't buy the repaints other than the red krampus to rob his body for one of rhe demon heads that came in a head pack.

Man I wish a paul bunyan and babe would come. Legions style but still recognizable as a giant with an ox.

• Like Like x 1
  18. redrum2581

Ebay:
    Yup they're all up on BBTS right now
    Screenshot_20240519_164828_Samsung Internet.jpg Screenshot_20240519_164907_Samsung Internet.jpg
    As for my idea of a Paul Bunyan and Babe would be take these 2 and change the parts necessary, repaint where necessary, and cloth/remold where necessary
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 19, 2024
    • Like Like x 2
  19. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

I hemmed and hawed a bit on it, but decided to go ahead and pick up the Anubis/Bastet set. It's just such a nicely-presented set, with great accessories (canopic jars!!!) and I can't think of any color tweaks I'd like to see in a later retail version. Darker "human" skin would be nice, but otherwise I really like all the color choices made on this one.

In retrospect the retails versions of the Figura Obscuras aren't always superior to me. I definitely prefer the retail versions for the Headless Horseman, Father Christmans and Sun Wukong, but for Marley and Masque of the Red Death I like the originals better. So in this case I think I don't want to risk missing this set in anticipation of a retail one I might not like as much.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Bryan Thornton

News Credits:
    I would prefer baby to actually be on their horse/moose body. I don't know if it would work but a humanoid blue ox doesn't fit my minds eye.