"Mythic Legions" by the Four Horsemen

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Vasili, Mar 6, 2014.

1. Bryan Thornton

Bryan Thornton Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would love that American eagle one but no way with my luck I'd get it and then I'd have 2 figures to offload and still not him.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Twin Lambo fan

Twin Lambo fan Also loves Snarl

IIRC, none of the "36" have been reprinted/reissues through All Stars, they are all warehouse finds. They did say "All Stars 5" so I'm assuming that's where most of them are coming from as well as other overstock from other recent All Stars waves. I agree I wish they would be more specific, or create "boxes" of 2-4 figures for the buyer to select from. This way its still randomized boxes, but the buyer knows what they are getting.

If I get him, I'll let you know ;) .

• Like Like x 2
  3. WeVoCoN

WeVoCoN Well-Known Member

Confirmed that they will all be $37 figs…no legion builders.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Slender102

Slender102 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Now we know where the leftovers from the In Stock Sale went when they ended it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Roufuss

Roufuss Shots

News Credits:
    They mentioned on IG they did a “very limited new run for the 10 years” on some of the figures, while others are recent warehouse finds.

• Like Like x 1
  6. fujishig

fujishig Well-Known Member

The newer figures will not be legion builders. They will also not be from the In Stock Sale.

Some of the older figures are reprinted, some are just what they found. I get people don't like blind boxes (I don't in general either) but you also don't have to buy them. If you've been collecting Legions forever and are only missing a few figures, this sale is not for you. If on the other hand you have like none of these old figures then it's a decent deal. It definitely isn't just dumping leftovers, they could sell these individually no problem, I'd think.

• Like Like x 2
  7. WeVoCoN

WeVoCoN Well-Known Member

I think the biggest positive on this, whether for newbies or vets, is that they are actively working on alternatives to try to address domestic shipping costs.

• Like Like x 6
  8. fujishig

Yes, totally. They're going to lose their shirt on huge orders though. And the only reason they can do this is because all of these are the same size boxes (so they don't have to play tetris with oversized figures), but even that's fine.

In this they're addressing two of my pet peeves about ordering from them: having to rush an order and have separate shipping and having a uniform shipping cost so I don't have to mix and match to see how much the shipping goes up. But introducing another pet peeve which is I'd like to see what I order. :) 

• Like Like x 1
  9. Roufuss

Roufuss Shots

News Credits:
    You may still need to rush an order — these are likely limited quantities and there is no order limit. I can see collectors, customizers, and people looking to resell the older figures putting in big orders.

Get a Faunus and that’s an easy $200 right there if you wanted to flip. Which is all dependent on if they reprinted him or not but still — if you wanted to make some cash, going in on this sale is a scalper’s dream. There won’t be enough inventory to really dent the aftermarket imo.

Id be shocked if these lasted any considerable length of time.

• Like Like x 2
  10. fujishig

I don't think it will last weeks like the in stock sale but I would hope it's not like minutes. I am surprised they didn't have any kind of limit: that would be completely understandable given the flat rate shipping (which is only domestic anyway, and I think they said before one of the reasons they don't put limits is because of international buyers who aren't going to benefit from that). They've gotta have a ton of whatever they reprinted, making the non reprinted stuff more like rare chase items.

11. Roufuss

Roufuss Shots

News Credits:
    Hopefully they drop a list of what they reprinted — I wouldn’t mind just getting it off the aftermarket and skipping the sale if one of the ones I wanted had a bigger run.

Or drop a list of what newer figures they are including. I don’t have anything Poxxus yet so bundling some of those in would be a win in my book. I assume Poxxus wave would be too new and off the table.

12. Fridaytron

Fridaytron Pirate cat connoisseur

Twitter:
    I only watched the end of the stream, but they didn't rule out Poxxus being part of it, but I wouldn't count on it unless they say something definitive.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    As an aside, I did get my stock sale package. I'm really impressed with the Unknown One. I don't actually have many Mythic Legions, but it if weren't for Keltuss, it would be my favorite figure. As it is, it's an easy second.

• Like Like x 1
  14. IronMonger986

IronMonger986 Well-Known Member

With all of the ISS sales that had older figures in there with the "very few left, we found em in the warehouse" it makes me wonder what Dungeons and Dragons ass dungeon of a warehouse they have that they keep finding lost cases of figs and/or if they employ blind baboons to do their inventory audits.

15. Roufuss

Roufuss Shots

News Credits:
    Lots more news on the 4H IG. Board is being weird about my link.

They originally planned to just do an instock sale on the 14 figures they made a new run of. Figures are in the IG post.

Then they found the old cases and said hey cool, let’s just do blind boxes instead.

Also shows the other figures you can get. It’s all the leftovers from the All Stars 4 and 5 and Illythia.

They mention chances are higher to get an All Stars 5.

Personally, I don’t need any of the newer figures and of the chases, I might just hold out hope that lots of people end up with Snagg and he drops down to $75 on his own.

Was really hoping B’Alam, Thistlethorn, the dwarves, Delfina, or Boarrior made it into the new run. And the two vampires. Everything I was hoping for is the rare “warehouse find” haha.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2024
  16. allew

allew Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    From the 4H on facebook:

More info to help answer some questions we’ve been seeing on the mystery boxes…
    Each $75 Mystery Box will contain 2 figures - one older “chase” figure and one figure from a newer wave. The “chase” figures were what was shown yesterday. They come from a very small reissue run we did as part of the line’s 10 year anniversary, plus some warehouse finds. We already had that reissue run planned, and the idea to create these boxes came up after we also found some limited quantities of warehouse stock. Obviously, you are more likely to get one of the 14 characters we did the reissue run of than one of the warehouse finds because many of those finds have less than a case available! The first image here shows the 14 reissued figures. One of these is most likely to be your “chase”, but every purchase has a shot at some of the warehouse finds.
    In addition to that chase figure, each box will also include 1 newer figure from a more current wave. These will be standard figures (no Legion Builders) from Illythia, All Stars 4, or All Stars 5. Obviously, since AS5 is a newer wave than Illythia or AS4, we have more of those to include, but the “new” figure in your box could come from any of the ones pictured in the second image.
    We said that if you buy multiple “mystery boxes”, we will do our best to make the items you get unique. Obviously there is a limit to what we can do. We’ve seen some people suggest that they will buy 36 boxes to get 1 of each chase figure. That is not how it works. Since many of those chase figures are super limited, there is no guarantee you will get certain ones, regardless of what you buy. If you buy 36 mystery boxes, the only guarantee is that you will get 72 cool Legions figures! At that purchase level, however, you will absolutely get some duplicates.

Tnese are the chase figures that are getting a new small production run, the rest of the chase figures are warehouse finds
    438892047_10228977302329986_7594504796644103379_n.jpg

These are possible 2nd figures in the set
    438914331_10228977302449989_153674573875064276_n.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  17. Nutimus Prime

Nutimus Prime Always collecting :)

Only things I would want is B'alam and Bardric. Those chances are too low to me to spend that money. So I still say fuuuuck that. But I hope yall get something you want. :thumb 

• Like Like x 1
  18. Bryan Thornton

Bryan Thornton Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No re run on that eagle one so the likelihood is super low.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Twin Lambo fan

Twin Lambo fan Also loves Snarl

I want Brommden, Torgun, Morgolyth. Now I do have one Torgun already but he’s my favorite figure *shrug*(and Rahmulus). The chase figures don’t really appeal to me other than Mandibulus and Thistlethorn, I think one or two others.

I have 6 in the 2nd set but the only ones I don’t want are the MOTU inspired figures so I don’t mind those odds, even if I get a double of one I already have.

• Like Like x 1
  20. TFDAD

TFDAD Well-Known Member

As a new collector I may purchase 3-4 just to see what I get. I have most of the figures in the 2nd set, but only Hagnon in the first since I'm a sucker for glow in the dark stuff. Plus, I don't get "surprised" with anything anymore so it might be fun to open up a package with no idea what's in it. Like Christmas for a 46 year-old guy.

• Like Like x 5