"Mythic Legions" by the Four Horsemen

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Vasili, Mar 6, 2014.

1. Baltan

Baltan Space Ninja

The vast majority of this line is sold out but there’s absolutely a bunch of preorders and even some in-stock figures available.

2. WeVoCoN

WeVoCoN Well-Known Member

The sale this weekend should be more manageable. The figures will be $25 or $27 per (or ~$55 for the Barbarian builder), and a great way to see if you like the line and want to get more of them. If you order a few and decide it isn’t for you, put it back in the package and somebody will give you purchase price if not more as supply dries up.

It is hard to get the old stuff. Some of those early waves had kick ass skeletons and blood armor and whatnot. But it is also hard to get old stuff from mainstream lines too. Those In Stock Sales that kept selling out in under a minute are the equivalent of Hasbro announcing that they’d be posting a few cases of Alternators, TF Prime toys, or Titan Metroplex on Pulse, first come, first served.

If ordering a wave of Joes 18 months in advance was as easy as ordering with 4HM, I’d do that in a heartbeat.

3. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

When is this sale? This coming weekend? Their latest mail/post is too cryptic for me, haha (plus I initially thought it was referring to their videogame, not new figures). Do we know if any of the legion builders will be up for sale?

4. DukeFett

DukeFett Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Yeah it's legion builders. If you follow them on social media they posted that the Black Knight and Goblin legion builders are in it so far.

In the announcment email it said: Journal Entry 0122221100

Jan 22, 2022 11:00am EST

5. John ofthe Dead

John ofthe Dead Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Leading theory is 1/22/22 at 11:00 AM EST. It's nigh certainly the Reinforcements, aka the "Evergreen" figures. These shouldn't be an immediate sell-out. And if they do sell out, they should restocked soon. The plan is to have this wave pretty much constantly available this year. Even so, I don't plan to dilly-dally. I'm going to place a pretty big order as soon as possible.

upload_2022-1-17_11-42-36.png

Mythic Legions: Legion Builder Reinforcements - Four Horsemen Studios

6. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

Awesome, thanks guys. That's great. Will keep an eye on the site that day! Thanks again! Glad to hear they're planning on a replenishing wave like that.

7. WeVoCoN

Dork Lair did a video running down what comes with each expected figure and some pros/cons of each. I’m an all-in and then some, but if you are just dipping your toes in for the first time, the video may help you prioritize in a leisurely way rather than waiting until the sale starts.

8. Ambrojh

Ambrojh Well-Known Member

9. John ofthe Dead

John ofthe Dead Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Dude, what can we tell you? You're asking about figures that are *years* old in some cases. Sorry, they don't keep all items in perpetual production. It would be like being mad that you can't get HasLab Unicron for $600 anymore. Or MOTUC He-Man for $25. That ship has sailed. It happens. It sucks, but there are *lots* of other really great figures available and coming out soon.

10. offrampclimber

offrampclimber Tree Fiddy

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    I've had some luck at conventions and local toy stores as well. I'm pretty sure my first figure was bought at a convention, and I've used local stores to fill in the collection for figures I didn't pre-order.

You might have to pay a little bit of a premium for Arethyr and Aethon at this point, but you can still find a good deal if you look around. Illythia is still available for pre-order at BBTS, and both she and her horse will be easy to get from retailers once they actually ship out, as long as you act quickly.

Four Horsemen Studios Retailers - Domestic and International

11. Ambrojh

Ambrojh Well-Known Member

You are correct in your statement, while all companies goal is to make the most profit possible, but if Hasbro list a potential customer because of a missed wave or line for one of its lines, it no big issue, but for a small company having the majority of its brand sellout and not attracting new customers to its fan based, it's bad business, as the small company needs every customer it can get, especially with items that have no brand recognition or nostalgia appeal. If Hasbro released a D&D line that is average quality at best it will sell well as it is the brand name, recognition, and has nostalgia built in, where Mythic Legion is building a base with quality pieces, but it's best set would sell far fewer numbers against a subpar D&D line (and yes, I factored in that Hasbro is a far greater and larger company).

12. Bryan Thornton

Bryan Thornton Well-Known Member

But that is a mute argument for mythic legions. They put the items up for preorder for x amount of time. They sell their entire run upfront before they produce anything. That means they already make their profit before the figures hit the market. That is not the same as hasbro which produces figures and then convinces their retail partners to carry them. However both companies do the same thing, it is just hasbro is willing to revisit some a lot sooner than the four horsemen. If you miss a spiderman today there will be one on the market again within 12 months. The four horseman do a revisit in their all stars waves I think but again they do the same model of preorder first and production second.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Baltan

Baltan Space Ninja

• Like Like x 3
  14. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

There comes a point were arguing semantics with somebody who is salty they missed out on things seems futile. I missed out on a lot of the early stuff, including some of the vampire legion builders and most of the female characters which interest me a hell of a lot more than the male dudes because it's rare to find an equal number of female sword and sorcery type figures in this price range and with this amount of detail.

I missed out, I move on to the next waves and grab as much as I can. Kind of feel I should have aimed for more than just two of the Mythoss Legion Builders though. Heh, heh, oh well, at least I'm guaranteed those two elves and orcs I got plus the male elf and orc I tossed in for some variety.

This line is not suffering for lack of retail presence, it isn't at brick and mortar stores, so our friend doesn't seem to realize that it is more limited in run and scope.

Pay-To-Make should be what this is, you pay for it, they make it, you miss the pre-order window you need to wait. It's just what it is.

• Like Like x 2
  15. WeVoCoN

No system is perfect, and every business model has its trade offs. Even Hasbro had a difficult time meeting customer demands this past year or two. This is still a relatively new line, moving beyond the initial boundaries set by their early wave component parts. Their focus has been on establishing a streamlined inventory process…they didn’t really have the capacity to store excess product the way we may have wanted. Thus far, this biggest complaint during COVID was “give us more.” Old fans want more parts to customize. New fans just want to get something in hand and try it out. We are about to be deluged with product. Once the factories ramp back up after the new year vacation, it is going to be wave after wave of product coming in (Mythic and Cosmic). If any of you follow the conversation on the Cabal, there are folks that are crying uncle, not because they don’t want more product, but because they want to take advantage of the pre-order, all-in savings and it is challenging to keep up with everything FHM are offering this year.

Nobody is perfect. Mezco is fairly well established, but people complain that it has taken 2+ years to get out a particular Batman. They tried to do something special for 1/12 day and ended up crashing their servers at midnight. Bobby Vala got his line out and it has been generally received well, but it wasn’t always smooth sailing for him and I’m sure there were points along the way where it all could have imploded. I have high hopes for Speero’s Animal Warriors of the Kingdom, a kickstarter project that looks to be using the early FHM business model but we’ll see if it works for them. For all of these successful offerings, you get other attempts that can’t quite pull it off. Play with This Too comes to mind from a few years back.

It can be frustrating. How hard should it be to buy a toy after all? Personally I’ve been more frustrated by Target’s pre-order system/cancellations than anything else recently. I tell anybody new to Mythic Legions to be patient, and maybe sign up for the Cabal on Facebook if that is something you are cool with. It is a supportive group and they help new comers learn about the line and generally help you find what you are looking for without getting swindled by eBay sharks.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

There is a huge difference between Hasbro and FHM, and the only reason why Hasbro has been having so many problems all boils down to a fairly bottlenecked supply chain thanks to the limited manpower and other real world issues still going on.

I can't speak for everything, all I know is FHM hasn't made any indication that they have any plans to start offering these things en-masse outside of the Legion Builders, named characters won't be reproduced and devalue the stuff already on the market except here or there in the All-Stars waves.

Even if they were doing something like Hasbro, it'd be stupid to think you could find something from 2015 Hasbro on store shelves any easier than Mythic Legions, I certainly am not finding hordes of 2015 Hasbro Products still around at retail for anything close to MSRP, if that were the case I could still nab a Titans Return Fort Max for a decent price, or that goddamn Jumpstarter I missed out on, and I wouldn't have had to pay three times what he was worth at retail to a fellow collector just to get Slugslinger from TR for my collection. And I still have figures from the Prime Wars Trilogy that I haven't managed to get and don't even get me started on the early waves of Studio Series or that fucking Bumblebee Voyager Optimus Prime I didn't pick up when I saw him the ONE TIME on the shelf at a local store.

Seriously, complaining about stuff being out of stock and unavailable like Mythic Legions is like complaining that Hasbro, Mattel and LEGO no longer have what you want for a reasonable price six or seven years after production ceased on whatever line of the time or theme of the time was being made.

It's great that there is a community of people willing to help out, but that still doesn't change the fact that I can't just walk into a TRU or Wal-Mart or what have you depending on local country and just nab something like... hmmm... what was really popular that I missed out on at MSRP... oh I know, the Fucking Ghostbusters Firehouse Headquarters LEGO set. Goddamn do I regret missing that thing, because 2K is not worth it for a LEGO set no matter how much the secondary market says it is. And whooo boy, don't even get me started on Haslab Jabba's Sail Barge or any of the Star Wars Droid Factory lines that are impossible to find anymore. Still pissed off about missing out on Jacen and Jaina Solo back in the day because of distribution issues. And Star Wars The Vintage Collection, fuck is that a bitch to be a completionist on, especially with all the fucking store exclusive BS they keep making. I ordered the damn Wal-Mart wave of 50th figures twice and those bastards cancelled my order the first time, then took my money and never even shipped out the second in stock order I placed, I had to make a dispute with Paypal to get my money back after a month of waiting for any sign of order being fulfilled for in stock product that was paid for upon day of ordering and nothing moved or happened.

So I too know all about being salty about ships that sail off when our funds aren't there or tighter and leaner and we have to pick and choose. We regret for a time then we move on, because it isn't healthy to obsess over the ones that got away. I learned that much from Moby Dick, no white whales for me.

I learned my lesson, if you want it, pre-order it, otherwise don't come crying home to anybody about would haves could haves or should haves. (I also vowed not to pre-order fuck all from Wal-Mart ever again, if I could avoid it I'd stop spending there entirely, but they're the only place that stock the underwear I like. *SIGH*)

• Like Like x 1
  17. WeVoCoN

Scrapper6, I am glad you found your underwear hookup! (I about shot coffee out of my nose reading that. I appreciate it.)

If any of you folks that are new to the line and looking to buy this Saturday, make sure you create an account in advance. They don’t save credit card numbers in their system, so you’ll still have to input that day of, but set up what you can early.

18. Pride21

Pride21 Honor Wisdom Virtue

Any idea on a release date for the legion builders?

BBTS says q1 2022.

Before that it was December.

Please and thank you.

19. col

col Artobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The deluxe ones? 4H’s website estimates Q2 2022.

20. Pride21

Pride21 Honor Wisdom Virtue

The wave with the dark templar.

Apologies I was not detailed enough.