"Mythic Legions" by the Four Horsemen

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Vasili, Mar 6, 2014.

1. WeVoCoN

WeVoCoN Well-Known Member

I think this satisfies almost everybody’s concerns. Necronominus’ mount shall be named Elmmmar. White, pasty and will be sturdy when hardened.
    047D34BF-0FF3-4493-95C7-43CEDD70FC96.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  2. DukeFett

DukeFett Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I don't disagree too much, even though I have my Arethyr up on Aethon, it was quite the pain to get his wings, pauldrons, and leather straps all in order. Every time I grab them I have to think that some will need a little bit of help to get the poses I actually want from them.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    • Like Like x 1
  4. John ofthe Dead

John ofthe Dead Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    During the pre-order window? Easy-peasy.

Products

After the window closes, retailers like BigBadToyStore offer them for a mark-up. Once those are gone, most 4H products are a bloodbath on the secondary market. If you even remotely *think* you might want one of their products, pre-order as soon as possible. Worst case scenario, you can almost certainly break even flipping it afterward.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Gracias kind sir.

6. WeVoCoN

I c
    Everything JohnoftheDead said 100%. A few other things to add:

Don’t fall victim to the eBay prices, certainly not for a first purchase. Most of that is driven by attachment to particular characters or the component parts found in the character (there is a big customizer community). If someday you have a specific character that you need, maybe eBay. But even then, trade options exist.

In Stock Sale - Aka the ISS. This is when the horsemen themselves, on their site, sell inventory from recent waves. At present on hold, since they are still delivering All Star Wave orders. Sometimes, they are very limited like 2 min and done. Sometimes, like once a wave’s order has been fulfilled, it can last a little longer. Some people get very frustrated, but you can also get lucky. Saving grace is that it is at their lower cost.

Legion Builder Reinforcements - Typically, 4HRSMN don’t keep inventory in stock. They are getting ready to change that up sometime in 2022. The plan is for there to be a legion builder (regular figure but with slightly less paint applications or fewer accessories - still REALLY cool) for a few factions (goblins, skeletons, knights, etc.) available for purchase at all times. Not sure if that will work in practice and is subject to a lot of supply chain issues, but they are going to give it a try.

There are a lot of terms that get thrown around that can be confusing. There are some figures more compatible with others and the size differences aren’t always readily apparent. Feel free to reach out with any questions you may have.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Awesome, thanks for the info. :) 

Do they ever make upgrade kits for their figures? I know the dragon is made from their Cosmic Legions alien with the four arms, and that the higher set of arms that are on his back can be removed with back fillers covering the holes, but what are the chances that they'll make a set of wings to plug into those holes instead?

This guy is just begging for a set of wings, more purple flame effects, and a shield at the very least. :lol 

edit: Also, what's the all around quality of their figures? A lot of breakages, or not too bad?

8. IronMonger986

IronMonger986 Well-Known Member

Their last wave they did had 2 different add ons for wings, red and blue. But I think they are sold out as far as retail prices go. Not sure about places like BBTS. But they do that sort of thing yes.

The quality for me has been pretty great for the figures. I did get one from BBTS that had a broken arm out of the package due to a bubble in the plastic but the Horsemen customer service was awesome. When BBTS didnt have a replacement in stock, I contacted them and they shipped me a new arm at no cost.

• Like Like x 1
  9. DukeFett

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Mythic Legions figure checklist - Four Horsemen Studios

That's everything they've released, they've done wings in several colors, red and blue just came out but are sold out. So just have to resort to eBay or finding someone selling them, but there are a set of white Vampire wings coming in the Illythia wave. They're white so you'd have to paint them. If you're on Facebook join the Mythic Legions Cabal group, it's the official Four Horsemen group, you'll find people selling stuff there and can get better than eBay pricing.

They've released weapons and hand packs in the past, but it's been a while for the weapons packs. Haven't done sets of those for years. There's tons of 3rd party add ons if you look on eBay or other sites like MyActionFigureCustoms.com and various other 3D designers/printers out there.

• Like Like x 1
  10. WeVoCoN

Check out legionscon.com. It wrapped up this weekend and the guest list is a pretty good summary of the independent artists that do custom heads, armor, painting and scaled props for the line. If they were invited to Legionscon, they’ve been vetted for quality. This is a very active community and the 4 Horsemen give them the space to create new things/supplements for the line. Third party is very robust for Mythic Legions.

The Cabal is a great group for Mythic Legions. It IS very active, almost overwhelming at first…but very very supportive and pleasant group for discussions.

Overall quality is great. Some early Ogre class figures had a leg/hip issue. The peg for handheld shields is somewhat notorious. The 2.0 figures (smaller knights, elves, female characters) have ankles that don’t break, but they’ll start a game of dominoes in your display case. They tell you to use warm water or hair dryer on the joints when you first get them out of the package, especially if shipped during the cold season.

On YouTube, Toy Bro and DorkLair have done a bunch of mythic legion reviews over the years. I think Toy Bro helped suck me into the line. Watch a few of those and you’ll pick up a better understanding of the sizes and wave specific jargon. If you are interested in the custom options and third party stuff, Mythic Customs has a bunch of videos hosted by a guy that started as a fan and is now their official media point person.

• Like Like x 2
  11. MasterScale

MasterScale Loose, comes with baggage...

Wow! I just looked at the Poxxus pre-orders and in my opinion 4HM out did themselves this round! Looks amazing!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

Picking up my POL shipment today, lots of ML goodies to crack open. Finally get to play with the Orc Queen and Jjuno.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Planning on ordering two of those beautiful dragons when it gets closer to the pre-order window closing.

Looking forward to seeing what kind of variants come out in the future.

14. peddlerofwine

peddlerofwine Starscream's Robot Gun

You’re going down a rabbit hole, lol. It’s okay, I did too.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Only with dragons. :lol 

• Like Like x 2
  16. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

Now I wish I ordered at least six of the Barbarian Warrior Builder, that chick has so many options and I have only two bodies to make do with.

Oh well, live and learn.

• Like Like x 1
  17. redrum2581

redrum2581 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    im on the horses but i'm def grabbing that dragon

• Like Like x 2
  18. peddlerofwine

peddlerofwine Starscream's Robot Gun

I said to myself that I was only going for the MOTU styled figures, then I went bat shit crazy.:eek: 

• Like Like x 3
  19. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If they release him in red…I’ll grab him.

• Like Like x 1
  20. DukeFett

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):