2D Artwork: Myth creature Beast Wars idea

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by ShinMusashi44, Jul 18, 2005.

1. Infosaur

Infosaur Well-Known Member

Hmmmm, I hope I'm not to late for a suggestion. (and pardon my only passing knowledge of eastern mythology) but there is an benevolent Indian God who is shapped like a an Elephant with a man's head and six arms. Ganish I belive?

For a Prime I'd like to reference G-1's shoulder smokestacks.

The head splits in three sections: left right middle. The sides contain the ear and tusk, the trunk stays down the middle. The Ganish arms fold across the Ganish torso and the trunk folds down over them. The head halves rotate 180 backwards revealing Primes arms. The legs extend downward forming Prime's legs.

2. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

All you would have to do is have a elephant beast mode, and a transformation that the limbs of the elephant beast could be 'used' in robot mode and confused for extra limbs... IE: razorback's transformation

Things don't have to look EXACTALY like mythology, as most mythology was passed by word of mouth and distorted by history.

3. Weremole

Weremole Whack-a-mole Avenger

Yeah. Like the story of Minos and the Minotaur from Greek myth whas a distorted cultural memory of the blossoming grand civilization of the culture of the island of Minos. (It whas also destroyed by a volcanic eruption so it could ALSO have given birth to the story of Atlantis)

They worshipped bulls as part of their culture and decorations of them where everywhere. So somewhere the "bull of Minos" became a the "Mino-Taur". =)

Minos whas an awesome nation BTW. Highly democratic, women had equal rights to men and they where a country of merchants and practically ruled the mediterranean trade scene. Womens fashion also had exposed breasts but... hey.

Anyway. Enough whith the history lesson and back to Transformers. Name the Kraken-former Tidalwave please. XD

4. jet convoy

jet convoy Beast Wars Forever!!!

I like that Prime. Well done.

:thumb 

5. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Moderator

News Credits:
    Your work is awesome. I love the Prime, Megatron and Phoenix. Can't wait to see more.

6. ShinMusashi44

ShinMusashi44 Well-Known Member

Thanks guys. I've been behind on the updates this past couple of days. i've been thinking of how the Kraken should look. Im gonna go with a Clash of the Titans look but I want to some how have octopus tentacles on him. Maybe a triple changer? Any ideas will help.

And yes Weremole i'll name him Tidalwave for you.

7. nkelsch

Instead of squiggly doo-dads on his back, maybe make the tentacles form a cape in robot mode?

Maybe a Kraken/Leviathan/king of the sea triple, so in robot mode he could be confused for Posiden, and maybe people felt him 'summoning' beasts of the sea was really him transforming.

8. megatronimus

megatronimus Member

i really like this concept, and your art is great.

how exactly woud you want the story to go? in what continuity would it take place?

i may be able to help you in developing the plot.

9. TGping

TGping Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    for the kraken robot mode, the tentacles could be spikes that jut out from his arms, shoulders, and/or chest. the tentacles could also come together to make a giant cannon or something.

I want to see which route you take regarding the kraken. your gryphon turned out great, even though you didn't want to mess with the wings. great nonetheless.

10. Rotty

Rotty Member

That, sir, is an amazing Beast Wars design. You should do more of these.

11. Rotty

Rotty Member

You have that exactly backwards. Shri Ganesha is represented as a man with four arms and an elephant's head, the left tusk broken.

As a Hindu, I really, really hope no one makes a Transformer out of Shri Ganesha.

12. ShinMusashi44

Don't worry Rotty im not gonna make a Transformer out of Ganesha. Im not Hindu but i don't see the Indian gods as mythology. I respect the Hindu religion and my boss is Hindu so I think that would be disrespectful to him.

13. Rotty

Rotty Member

Ah, good. More like Phoenix and Megatron though, please. :D 

14. ShinMusashi44

I've been working on the Kraken and Prime lately. I pulled my back out the other day at work so it's hard to do alot fo things right now. I'll try to update later tonight or tomorrow.

15. nkelsch

Yes, Personifying Ganesha inphysical form reeks of disrespect but personifying important spiritual beings from other cultures and belief systems is hunkey-dorey.

The trivilization of spirital concepts like the Phoenix isn't considered insulting by any cultures, except native americans.

Mythology and Religion are intertwined and you can't seperate them. You can't respect some selective cultures while distorting and trivilaizing others. No matter what you do, the concept will be offensive to someone.

16. ShinMusashi44

Do not take offense to any of what im about to say. Im not trying to sound mean. But the the creature im using are NOT worshipped by anyone any more. They are creatures of MYTH. No one in the world still belives in these creatures. They all belong to dead religions. Everyone in the world knows they are not real so I don't think it could be offensive. Examples: people dont believe in the Kraken, Hydra, Scllya, Typhon, Griffons, Elves Dwarfs and so on. But people do believe on Gensha, Shiva, Allah, Jesus, Buddah and so on. And the part about the Phoenix I said its from Indian culture so I dont see how it would be offensive to native americans. The only creature that i might be using that is still part of a religion is the Foo dog. But im not ever sure the chinese still see they as holy creatures any more.( For anyone who doesnt know what a Foo dog is they are the protector of Buddah.)

17. Rotty

Rotty Member

The phoenix isn't a Native American symbol, it's an Egyptian one, part of a religion that died out. I wouldn't want to see Native American icons used in a way they consider disrespectful either.

18. ShinMusashi44

Well the Phoenix is in almost every culture. But the one that most books, movies, games and pretty must every media in the world is based on, is the Phoenix from either Greek/Egyptian or Middle East/Indian. The Native Americans do worship a Phoenix but its not the one that everyone knows.

19. ShinMusashi44

Here's an update to Prime. I tried to do a scan of the Kraken but it's not scanning right. So i'll have to get back to that.

20. ShinMusashi44

Ok here's the unfinished kraken.