2D Artwork: Myth creature Beast Wars idea

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by ShinMusashi44, Jul 18, 2005.

1. Altitron

Altitron Commercial Artist

Ebay:
    Rdfnd, I can't say why the body would give you a Primal vibe... I can't even begin to explain that. But I didn't use much of a reference for Sixshot outside of glancing at my toy displayed in space ship mode prior to starting the drawing, so that may be why the head looks more Prime-ish than it does Sixshot in the end.

And TGPing, the beast mode I based him on is the Scylla; did you miss that paragraph of my post? :p  Glad you like the robot mode drawing, though. Your opinion was the one I was worried about. I'll try and get another drawing of him done soon, refine details and work out a solid transformation sequence... and not to mention a naked babe to go along with it. :>

- Alty

2. TGping

TGping Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    lol, I guess I meant to say if you had your own rendition of the Scylla. Just because the look of a mythical creature isnt exactly set in stone.

I look forward to the transformation sequence. Looks like you had at least a rough one judging from the bot mode.

I feel your recon bot idea has really opened up some new avenues we haven't yet explored... I'm really glad you brought that out.

Some critiques are in order! :D  you worked hard on this so you definitely deserve some harsh stuff :D 

1. One thing I didnt think of when working on my sketch, the wings on his back are something that identifies him as SixShot. So maybe you could add those in somehow. They dont have to be robotic.

2. SixShot to me is one of the bigger TFs, so maybe a little bit of proportion tweaking is in order, like a smaller head to body thing. Although, this could be me forcing my tastes onto you... :) 

3. I REALLY like the bone hilts on those swords! I also see the tiniest bit of rendering, like on the metallic surfaces, are we going to see an all-out fully rendered piece?

Oh, as well, RA88 mentioned the robotic bits, well, one the one hand... this looks to be a case of a G1 bot turned into a BW bot. So maybe it would be natural for SixShot to keep more of his original look. On the other, I personally am going with the route of MW Odin, where there aren't many(if at all) metal bits. I'm actually brewing an idea of a more serious and grotesque nature for the guys I design. you know, bone and sinew shifted and broken onto new joints. Let me know if I go to far, I dont want to gross anyone out. Mayhaps the transformation is painful for some characters. Kinda a Beast Machine vibe.

Well, thoughts anyone?

3. Boy who screams

Boy who screams Banned

I prefer the robotic look for Six-Shot, personally.

Helps remind you it's still Transformers.
    Great work in this thread!
    Also, might I partake in the writing of profiles for the 'source book'?

EDIT: Just quickly drew this picture. You'll have to forgive my lack of artistic talent. Based on the hedgehog folklore from the Romans, he has the ability to slightly influence the weather by creating static charges from his quills. He is also incredibly fast and a consummate swordsman. He possesses a practical attitude, setting about any given task quickly and efficiently. When not performing labour or fighting the Predacons, he prefers to rest in his hedgehog mode, giving him a sense of security, as well as isolation from the othe Maximals, who he feels are far too frivolous for their own good. His hedgehog mode is blue.
    [​IMG]

Hope you don't mind me contributing a bit to this project...:D 

4. Altitron

Ebay:
    Aww, TG. That wasn't so harsh. :) 

I browsed a lot of Scylla artwork prior to starting this to get my knowledge up to par... and what I used is comprised of 6 'serpents', 3 giant or dire wolf heads, and the female (what Scylla actually /used/ to be prior to incurring the wrath of the Gods, if I've read correctly) riding atop the monstrosity. The serpents won't be snakes persey, but more like thick tendrils with three rows of jaws (that number is something else I picked up from my reading); these tendrils will look like something out of The Darkness, or a residual symbiote piece from Venom or Carnage.

And I really want to get a full blown, finished piece done, but I didn't go too far because I wasn't sure how everyone would react to the idea. And thanks for noticing the different textures. :) 

I didn't want to stray too far from the original Sixshot in terms of design as to make the guy wholly unrecognizeable. So while I understand Ra88's point, I'll just have to politely disagree.

Actually after I had scanned it, I noticed the same lack of wings that you had, TG, and I've been brainstorming on how to incorporate them for a more complete look all around.

Thanks!

- Alty

5. Constructasaur

Constructasaur Well-Known Member

everything has gone quiet guys. how about a sand shrew, called sandslash? stolen from pokemon. He could be a repainted, retooled bump from beast wars?

6. Altitron

Ebay:
    I think that would better apply to the Beast Wars: Future project than this. Unless you can come up with some evidence of a mythical shrew somewhere in the annals of religious history.

- Alty

7. evilratbat

evilratbat EVILRATBAT

Well im starting work back on Myth wars and also getting some bits sorted for BWF will have a update soon on a piece am working on :)  as its different

8. evilratbat

evilratbat EVILRATBAT

Will give a sneak Peek then [​IMG]

9. evilratbat

evilratbat EVILRATBAT

quick update on Odin

[​IMG]

10. evilratbat

evilratbat EVILRATBAT

update [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  11. Altitron

Ebay:
    Have you shown TG? It's looking pretty sweet, ER.

- Alty

12. jtfire

jtfire Well-Known Member

Absoluetly love this!

13. evilratbat

evilratbat EVILRATBAT

Yeap showed TP right away when i was gonna start on this gonna get the rest of the torso sorted out and built up and then the shoulders

14. evilratbat

evilratbat EVILRATBAT

just a update [​IMG]

i have no idea on what size he is at the moment but hes gonna be big

15. TGping

TGping Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I've just been looking at it on DA mainly, but I'll keep checking here as well :)