2D Artwork: Myth creature Beast Wars idea

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by ShinMusashi44, Jul 18, 2005.

1. PopCulturePooka

PopCulturePooka Longest running avatar

Transmythics is just a guys rather good kitbashes.

For Prime?
    Hmmm
    Unicorn! Haha seriously, if you did it right and made a bigger stronger type of horse it would work. Theres the nobility and 'symbol of goodness and hope' thing there.

I would have said a Phoenix, but you have that for another bot.

What about a White Stag? they pop up in celtic mythology a lot.

2. ShinMusashi44

ShinMusashi44 Well-Known Member

Heres the Phoenix character.

3. PopCulturePooka

PopCulturePooka Longest running avatar

Nice I like that!!!

Also the more I think about it, the more I think a Stag would work.

4. ShinMusashi44

Also each character is based on a creature from a certian region. Like Megatron is greece and the phoenix is based on indian culture. And the transformers are basiclly fuzors. The story i have so far is that in my world there are no myth creatures but after the "war" humans right about them and make them out to be of myth and tell stories of the creatures they saw. Like the greeks calling them titans cause of there size. So in the ancient greek stories they were talking about the titans being the transformers and so on. I hope that makes some sense.

5. TGping

TGping Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like the way your story is heading, I want to see more! Shin your're a genius!

TGping

6. jet convoy

jet convoy Beast Wars Forever!!!

This is some great art and a great story too. Best of luck and damnit, post more art.

7. The Librarian

The Librarian Well-Known Member

No, I am talking about Fenrir, Loki's wolf son. Also called Fenris, Gryph, so they're one and the same. As for being white, I would say colour is extremely subjective in mythology.

And Fafnir was a man who became corrupted by magic and turned into a dragon. The one to do with Ragnarok was Nidhogg, a dragon that eats away at the base of the world tree and is destined to survive the end of the Gods.

And back to the real reason I'm here...

Nice design once again, ShinMusashi44! And a good story idea, though I would hope the ledgends are written very loosely on the Transformer's actions given the nature of Greek myths and so on.

:thumbs2: 

8. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    A couple more ideas.

You could do a gorgon with a bull and a beetle.

Snake and bird would be perfect for that one Incan (i think) god that starts with a Q. I can say the name but I have no idea how to spell it.

There is one thing though. How exactly would you explain the hydra? I would say the best way to explain it would be for Megatron to be unsatisfied with his beast mode and make "enhancments" to it.

The pheonix character is pretty cool looking, but her head seems a little plain. She needs something on the sides.

9. Weremole

Weremole Whack-a-mole Avenger

Quetzaquotle; basicly "the feathered snake". Yup; bird and snake would be perfect.

Well if Megatron could change into a dragon a hydra isn't much of a problem.

Heh, heh. You know; a Starscream type character would work well as a roc bird or a gryphon. A tengu would also work.

Also: A noble Maximal could be a frog prince. =)

10. TGping

TGping Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instead of using the hydra as the mythical creature Shin, you could use the japanese dragon Orochi, I think it has 8 heads. but he's greek so never mind.

Librarian- thanks for clearing that up, about fafnir and fenrir. also if colors of the beasts are subject to change then why not the temperament, like fenrir doesn't really have to be insane, maybe he's just an insane fighter(berserker if you will). Especially if this is being based loosely on mythology.

Shin the art is great! just keep em coming.

11. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

Reptiles it is not UNCOMMON to have multiple heads. They just usually die in the wild quickly.

I mean there was a dude on discovery channel who had like 80+ 2-headed turtles that were all healthy and such that he collected.He ran like a 2-headed reptile house.

So a <anything>/snake could easily have multi-snake heads... also, quickstrike's beast mode had two animal heads, so there is plenty of ways animals could have snake tails, multi snake heads and such...

Hell... Maybe even the technology of 3-way fuzors or beast minicons could come into play.

12. ShinMusashi44

Here is Fenrir i did at work today. Also im thinking about not putting in any guns at all in the story, for 2 reasons. 1 it fits in with the ancient look. 2 i never liked the idea in Beast Wars that they had to use the beast forms to so they wouldn't go into stasis lock from the raw energon but they still could use their energon based weapons. It never really made sense to me.

13. SlayerDarkCross

SlayerDarkCross -----------> ? TFW2005 Supporter

[​IMG] My kinda Op
    The Wyvern (Wivern or Wyver)
    - A heraldic dragon of Wales, with the fore part of a winged dragon, and the hind end of a serpent or lizard. Has variations of body parts. Sometimes having two wings and two legs, other times having four legs. Other spellings include the Old English form, wyvre, and the Old French, wivre.

14. TGping

TGping Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    again, Shin you are AWESOME!!! but who is this fenrir supposed to be?

Is this going to be a comic or more of a fanfic with illustrations?

TGping

15. ShinMusashi44

Im not very good at writing lots of dialogue. So it will be a comic. And the Fenrir is a made-up character. But i don't have a name for him yet.

16. jet convoy

jet convoy Beast Wars Forever!!!

Nice. Can't wait to see more.

17. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Maybe you could have a few characters represent two beasts. For instance if one changes into a gorgon he could also be a minotaur. People would see a huge half man half bull thing and a giant armored bull. They would mistake him for two creatures.

On another note. You should keep guns to an extent. Some characters could have them, but not use them often due to the severe damage they cause to the surounding landscape. They could also serve another purpose. People could see them being used and mistake it for magic.

18. TGping

TGping Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    or the guns could use solid shell ammunition. either way it doesn't matter to me, did I mention that I really like the way you render animals? they are very detailed and natural like.

anyway, I dig em'

TGping

19. The Librarian

The Librarian Well-Known Member

On the subject of guns:

Perhaps not energy weapons or bullets, but how about some of the more 'inventive' weapon types? There are plenty you could work in:

Flame throwers: Dragon breath
    Chemicals: Some mythical beasts bring sickness
    Drones/Nanites: Vast locust swarms
    Electric based: Summoned lightning
    Freezing/Paralysing: Fimbel winters and Gorgon stares

and so on.

As for Fenrir there, very nice! Can't wait to see some more! :thumbs2: 

20. ShinMusashi44

Heres an update to BW prime. But he's still not done yet. But i wanted to show off his ALT mode. It should be done tomorrow. Then next i'll start on the Kraken.