Mystery video of a new Beast Wars Dinobot toy?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Vexwing, Jul 18, 2015.

1. FallenRainDrops

FallenRainDrops Well-Known Member

Hopefully they make a voyager scaled Dinobot.

the original Deluxe sized Beast Wars was too damn small.

2. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I dunno. I checked around, take it with salt, but someone on 4chan keeps saying its a 2016 deluxe for titan wars since the headmasters will be voyager sized and up with basics being headmaster packs.

3. Verno

Verno Beast Wars Collector

News Credits:
    Oh, that'll ruffle some feathers should it prove true.

4. Dinocon93

Dinocon93 Dinobot Warrior

They had all this damn time to make headmaster figs and they wait till the year that we should be getting BW figs...

But since it's from 4cha it's probably fake

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Because the Generations team doesn't care about BW.

6. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Obvious 3rd party toy is obvious. Why would Hasbro bother making a new Dinobot when there was the Universe one? Plenty of other BW characters that could use upgrades instead: Tarantulas, Terrorsaur, Scorponok, Airrazor, Inferno...

7. The13Primes

The13Primes hot shot fanatic

News Credits:
    Everyone throws away the universe version

8. Dinocon93

The BW Universe figs suck that's why...

....And why would hasbro bother making a random Cyclonus retool from Silverbolt when we have the superior universe version

....Or two shitty Predaking voyagers

9. Rakzo

Rakzo Peruvian Transformers Fan

News Credits:
    Now, THAT is a figure we will never see outside of Third Parties (and that's when they learn how to do robots that don't look so blocky).

Yeaaah, the fact the rumour came from 4chan should be reason enough to call it fake.

Because Dinobot is one of the most popular characters from Beast Wars in comparison to the ones that you just mentioned and many people were unhappy with their Universe version.

Although I would personally love an updated Airazor.

10. Dinocon93

Yea it's one thing to see OP, Megs, BB, and Starscream get a shit ton of different C.H.U.G figs, but everyone seems to forget who the first fan-voted TF hall of fame character was.

11. wearelegion69

wearelegion69 Banned

News Credits:
  12. Rakzo

Rakzo Peruvian Transformers Fan

News Credits:
  13. Verno

Verno Beast Wars Collector

News Credits:
    It seems to have a similar transformation to EJ Su's design:

[​IMG]

14. canonball

canonball Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That is an arbitrarily priced buy-it-now listing. That price in no way reflects the figure's worth or any kind of demand for it. It's simply a price some overly optimistic seller is hoping to get. Anyone who pays anywhere near that for that figure needs their head examined.

15. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I love how the waist rotates but the dino arms stay facing the same direction.

Rhinox was designed by Joe Kyde, who isn't even with Hasbro anymore. (though he freelances, infrequently) And whomever designed Rattrap and Waspinator definitely aren't around anymore, as no figures share that level of quality these days. You're assuming the same designers from then are present now, and it really looks to me like they aren't. Add to that the total lack of anything non-G1, and how the Titan Wars developers totally side-stepped the BW anniversary question, and I'd say it's pretty damn obvious there's no more BW fans in the Generations departement. (I'd really love to know who is in fact doing Generations, and what they've done before)

16. steelsalami

steelsalami Well-Known Member

Give me Grimlock!

17. Wh33ls

Wh33ls Original G1 kid, and loves Beasties as much, eh!

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I've ben trying for over a year to get a universe or the Takara one, and that's the normal starting bid for a loose incomplete or broken Hasbro one. A sealed Takara one starting bid is $100 or much higher.

I've seen many starting bid of $0.99 Hasbro's hit $50 on the 2nd day, so no, that's not just an arbitrarily price, and the demand is still there.

18. agent j 15

agent j 15 Banned

Well, Hasbro has been on this whole Dinosaur kick lately, and with Jurassic World out, a real-life dinosaur toy on the shelves is a good idea, even if said dinosaur turns into THE GREATEST FUCKING TRANSFORMERS CHARACTER TO EVER EXIST AND FUCK YOU IF YOU DARE TO HAVE A DIFFERING OPINION, so there's a good possibility this is Hasbro.

However, the engineering doesn't seem to be Hasbro-level these days, since it's not a repaint or a combiner. But, maybe all that money they're saving with those CW retools are going towards making the new Generations figures boner inducing. Either way I'm buying this fucking thing when it's released, raptor gut be damned (seriously this is 2015 we have self driving cars but we can't get a skinny transforming raptor? Where's the other dinosaur guy on the boards me and him need to start a petition about this shit)

19. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    I wanna believe its Generations, it'd at least give me hope that they're willing to throw more non-G1 bones into the mix. Thrilling 30 was "ok" variety-wise (saving grace was getting a lot of fan-favorite IDW characters out and not rehashing a bunch of characters like they're doing with CW). But CW has only given us Armada Megatron. GenerationS.

20. Sonic Eclipse

Sonic Eclipse Maximal

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    ^This.

I have been trying to get one of these be it the Henkei or Universe version for months now, and he always sells for high amount of coin. $55 is usually the highest I've seen the Universe version end at, but I also just watch one sell for $73.00 on eBay. The Henkei goes for even more. He's not cheap and definitely in demand.

On that note, I keep seeing everyone say how crappy and disappointed they were with their Universe Dinobot. I will gladly take it off your hands for ya.