Minor/Repaint: Mystery Machine (2007 VGR/Voyager Ratchet)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by HunterRose, Jun 1, 2020.

1. HunterRose

HunterRose Well-Known Member

TF07 VGR Ratchet is one of my favorite TF Molds ever released. It may not be particularly screen accurate, and the inner leg automorph is weird as hell...

But otherwise, its a super chunky Truck dude with a really cool transformation.

I've been wanting to do something with this mold for years. And the white version is a great base to start from.

The obvious choices are Soundwave or Ironhide, but I wanted something different, I just couldn't decide what....

Then a friend said something while I was working on my Monkeemobile and I knew what the project needed to be:

Pieces of Ratchet.jpg

Truck01.jpg
    Truck 02.jpg

Truck03.jpg

PROOF OF CONCEPT:
    Proof of concept 01.jpg
    Both the red and the green accents work.

Body01.jpg
    This mold has some REALLY TIGHT CLEARANCES (mostly in the arms/doors/chest)
    Paint Chipping is unavoidable. Oh well.

Bought this model kit to help out with details and decals, but it has so far not been much help.
    I will probably end up not using any of it.
    MM Model Kit.jpg

So anyway, I know I'm a mess, and the paint & Sculpting is junky, but hopefully this inspires someone else...

• Like Like x 22
  2. warhawk

warhawk Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    Awww, don't you quite on us Spud! I gots faith in you and your skills! Seriously though, make it happen.

• Like Like x 2
  3. HunterRose

HunterRose Well-Known Member

LOL! Thanks for the encouragement. I didn't mean to imply that I was giving up on it. Only that strangely this project, moreso than the Monkeemobile seemed to highlight the limitations of my abilities. Even though it initially seemed like it would be easier.

Anyway, both projects require lots of dry time, so it's been nice to be able to bounce back and forth while one is on hold.

4. Stormvapor

Stormvapor Well-Known Member

Sweet! I too love this mold. Actually, a lot of the 07 Figs are pretty solid (if not accurate). Excellent custom! cannot wait until it is done :) 

• Like Like x 1
  5. Medicon

Medicon Well-Known Member

This is amazing

• Like Like x 1