MY Transformers 30th Anniversary

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Autobot X, Jul 8, 2014.

1. Autobot X

Autobot X Check out my sales thread!

I turn 36 tomorrow, and in so doing I will celebrate my 30th anniversary for Transformers.

The very first Transformer I ever got was G1 Soundwave with his little buddy Buzzsaw. What fond memories. :) 

2. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

Cool. Soundwave is one of my favorite transformers

3. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

Very cool. Do you have MP Soundwave? Soundwave was always one of my favorites growing up and one of my first TFs, too. I got him for Christmas of either '84 or '85 along with Megatron and Shockwave, which is pretty epic when you think about it. I was into TFs till about '88 or '89 when we were getting Pretenders and Headmaster Juniors. Soundwave was so awesome he remained a favorite of mine all the way to the end (the "end" being TMNT and noticing girls).

4. Silvershot

Silvershot On The Double Dutch Bus

News Credits:
    Seeing the commercial for his toy was my first exposure to Transformers way back in 84 and I've been hooked ever since. He wasn't my first transformer, that was Mirage, but when I did get him a few weeks after, he was everything I had hoped for and more.

5. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

Have a happy birthday

6. Autobot X

Autobot X Check out my sales thread!

I've never been able to get MP Soundwave, no. Shame, too...getting the MP version for my birthday today would have tickled my OCD. :) 

Maybe for Christmas this year.

Thanks!

7. tfparodies

tfparodies Well-Known Member

Just know... when you finally do get him you'll get that same feeling you had 30 years ago. Even for the briefest of moments you'll feel like that little kid again, and that's priceless! Enjoy it whenever it comes.

8. PANTSMAN1973

PANTSMAN1973 Well-Known Member

My memory was asking for Optimus Prime, Christmas 1984 and not getting him because he was the Christmas stock out of that year. I got snarl, slag and jazz instead. Not a bad alternative. As a UK resident, I never got my favourite Transformer Shockwave, because he was never available here. You were very lucky!