My TF PSP review (its long)

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by DaggersRage, Jun 21, 2007.

1. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's Hound, not Prowl.

And, spoilers!

WHY HOUND?! WHY!

2. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

Dang nabbit! Just when I thought I had the names right!

SPOILER....ish

Yeah, really. Damnit Hound (the -not- Prowl) why'd you have to go? :cry 

3. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

And just how much annoyance do we have to tolerate before we get to the good part? I'm not sure I'll ever make it through the first Blackout level. I keep slammnig into the empty sky and dying for it.

4. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If you can't beat that, you're going to be slamming your PSP against a wall whilst playing as Shockwave.

Super Spoilers for the games ending!

What in the hell. Megatron died by being TOUCHED by the Allspark?! Wasn't he JUST holding it and absorbing its power?! Eh, whatever. The whole Starscream vs. Shockwave level was a good bonus.

5. ashe5k

ashe5k Well-Known Member

Meh. I"m waiting for the bargain bin on the PSP version. As much as I want it there's no way I'm paying $40 bucks for it now when the DS version sounds like alot more fun.

6. Night Flame

Strangely, the Shockwave levels pretty much rocked my world. No clue what the difference is. I suppose buzzing around as that tank was just awesome. And throwing vehicles at the towers in the caves was rockin' good fun. Though that follower who spent more time in the way then helping bothered me a slight bit.

The Ironhide/Ratchet level? Frustrating until you realize the secret is to run as far ahead as you can and kill all the enemies beforehand. Because your partner is a dumbass and will just stand there getting shot over and over again until he's dead.

Now that I'm a little further along, I'm rather enjoying it. You couldn't pay me enough to play those first two levels again though. *SHUDDER*

7. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was talking about when you had to survive the army assault as Shockwave.

I HATED that level.

8. Night Flame

I actually enjoyed that one. Only took me two tries. Just had to figure out how to hide behind the tower in the center and jump out to blast those helicopters. The ground troops were easy to kill.

9. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What on earth happened?

I was fighting Thundercracker on Ironhide/Ratchet, and suddenly I got teleported to a car arena.

o_O 

10. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That level is a BITCH btw.

11. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I eventually got through it (though frickin Truckasaurus took me by surprise RIGHT BEFORE I beat it once >.<).

This is the weirder part.

"LASERS ACTIVATED"
    "Okay, I'll blow them up I guess."
    *blows up one laser, takes one step to the left*
    *LEVEL ENDS*

o_O 

12. Night Flame

Look at the bright side, at least Rachet would stop shooting you in the back then. I swear, I just about decided to scrap the mission and turn on him when he started doing that to me. The little yellow bastard.

And yeah, the "end of level" scenarios really jump out of nowhere on some of that Ironhide business. Heck, I died at the exact same moment Thundercracker died and the level ended before I could respawn. But my mind was completely blown by the lasers deal. One blown up, move to get the next and *BAM* level over.

The radar dish one just made me want to scream obscenities, but not as much as the Starscream mission that followed it. Trying to figure out flying, landing properly, and kicking ass all in a new character seems almost impossible. Maybe it was just too late at night when I started that one, but boy did it disgust me.

13. Hook

Hook Out of Options Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    O_O

I *already* finished the game. I am sooooo underwhelmed!

Not only was it frustrating and everything but enjoyable, the ending sucked! You know how most cut scenes started abruptly for no reason in some stages? Well that's exactly how the ending credits were shown.

At least I finished it in time for the PS2 version release in a few days :D 

14. Lio Convoy75

Lio Convoy75 Well-Known Member

Here's a video of a cut scene somebody recorded. You get to hear Megatron's voice. Is it just me, or does Megatron's lips not move in this? Hard to tell since it's so out of focus...

http://s192.photobucket.com/albums/z77/hookem79/?action=view&current=100_1254.flv

He posted another one too of Optimus's monologue and SS vs SW. Don't click on either of these if you don't want spoilers. The Optimus monologue is from the movie's script.

http://s192.photobucket.com/albums/z77/hookem79/?action=view&current=100_1255.flv